• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Bot logic thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I found this fairly interesting/persuasive.

https://qz.com/778767/to-tell-someone-theyre-wrong-first-tell-them-how-theyre-right/

Blaise Pascal said:
When we wish to correct with advantage, and to show another that he errs, we must notice from what side he views the matter, for on that side it is usually true, and admit that truth to him, but reveal to him the side on which it is false. He is satisfied with that, for he sees that he was not mistaken, and that he only failed to see all sides. Now, no one is offended at not seeing everything; but one does not like to be mistaken, and that perhaps arises from the fact that man naturally cannot see everything, and that naturally he cannot err in the side he looks at, since the perceptions of our senses are always true.

It's true, however Sky vitriol haters' world is not better than #botlogic in any sense. However everyone's willing to change his opponents and no one wants to change himself/herself, so seeing one side of the coin is the easiest thing to do. **ck any rationalism. I'll be exposing skybots as it's a real 'fun'. ;)

Re:

yaco said:
As a matter of policy should material from the 'comments section' be printed in this part of the forum ? Surely they should be two discrete parts of CN.
If there is a policy, I've never seen it and I've spent lots of time reviewing Immediate Media's Terms & Conditions and I know the forum rules intimately as I've written some of them. The website and forum are not separate entities, the forum is a section within the website. All content posted in both places are subject to the same terms and conditions but the forum has a set of supplemental rules that do not supercede the websites terms and conditions.

You're asking if they should be separated but you haven't given a reason why?

Re Strange Loop and others:

I am not exactly sure but when Sky started dominating the stage races, plenty of people tried to explain the Sky fans that why this sort of domination should not be possible with very good reasons. Or, people tried to explain why the badzilla story does not make any sense as Sky and Froome give 3-4 seperate stories about badzilla that contradicts each other and the symptoms for badzilla does not match the stories of Sky and Froome, and there are plenty of similar examples like Mick Rodgers dropping everyone but 6 guys while being the dodgiest rider of this generation, or Wiggins' insane weight loss to crush everyone in TT's to regaining weight to become WC of TT.

Well, these efforts did not lead to anything apart from generic bot responses, and people quickly gave up on explaining and arguing the reasons. Also, posting and laughing on clinic about full genius performances is way more fun than trying to argue with bots, because you absolutely can not argue with them.

Re: Re:

Irondan said:
yaco said:
As a matter of policy should material from the 'comments section' be printed in this part of the forum ? Surely they should be two discrete parts of CN.
If there is a policy, I've never seen it and I've spent lots of time reviewing Immediate Media's Terms & Conditions and I know the forum rules intimately as I've written some of them. The website and forum are not separate entities, the forum is a section within the website. All content posted in both places are subject to the same terms and conditions but the forum has a set of supplemental rules that do not supercede the websites terms and conditions.

I post on other forums operated by Immediate Media which have a policy of 'unofficially separating parts of a forum, especially if you are quoting posts from someone who is not a member of THIS forum, and therefore has no right of reply.

On a purely personal note it seems pointless to drag across posts from the comments section - Surely we have enough material to keep this part of the forum functioning.

yaco said:
Irondan said:
yaco said:

I post on other forums operated by Immediate Media which have a policy of 'unofficially separating parts of a forum, especially if you are quoting posts from someone who is not a member of THIS forum, and therefore has no right of reply.

On a purely personal note it seems pointless to drag across posts from the comments section - Surely we have enough material to keep this part of the forum functioning.
I don't see the problem with it, they can come into the forum if they're not already banned.

I'll look into it to see if there's something that I missed, I hope you're not sending me on a wild goose chase...

This was the greatest of all time #botlogic and it wasn't even a bot! just a pretend bot! :lol:

I had lunch with Richie last week. I would be the last person a doper would want to hang out with.

I found him very open, direct, and confident. He was clearly very passionate about the sport and his team. I asked a lot of questions and he gave me very direct, non-evasive, answers. I have had the same discussion with dozens of riders over the years but few have been as direct as Richie.

viewtopic.php?p=1252984&sid=fd1853571f6f2fcb8bf77be3b58efbac#p1252984

May 26, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
This was the greatest of all time #botlogic and it wasn't even a bot! just a pretend bot! :lol:

I had lunch with Richie last week. I would be the last person a doper would want to hang out with.

I found him very open, direct, and confident. He was clearly very passionate about the sport and his team. I asked a lot of questions and he gave me very direct, non-evasive, answers. I have had the same discussion with dozens of riders over the years but few have been as direct as Richie.

Have noted the silence on Sky.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Irondan said:
yaco said:
Irondan said:
yaco said:

I don't see the problem with it, they can come into the forum if they're not already banned.

I'll look into it to see if there's something that I missed, I hope you're not sending me on a wild goose chase...

Well spotted. :)

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
thehog said:

Some people just wanted to get Armstrong.

BYOP88 said:
Benotti69 said:
thehog said:

Would you have lunch with Bradley?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
BYOP88 said:
Benotti69 said:
thehog said:

Would you have lunch with Bradley?

Sure, why not!!!

Still wouldn't believe he went from autobus to winner on bread and water.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Some people just wanted to get Armstrong.[/quote]

Would you have lunch with Bradley?[/quote]

Sure, why not!!!

Still wouldn't believe he went from autobus to winner on bread and water.[/quote]

never believed he was always on bread and water, just a different version of bread and water. He came out of Linda McCartney and British Cycling for chrissakes, they never won the swag of gold cos they were anti the dregs. [sic]

#sic
#theDregs
#Wiganslikesajoint*
#asterisk

thehog said:

this was unreal
Because Porte was going to start talking sky doping programs there and then
The silence on sky since then has said it all
some people clearly tweet according to who follows them...if sky riders are following you then sky are safe....in his planet.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Digger said:
thehog said:

this was unreal
some people clearly tweet according to who follows them...if sky riders are following you then sky are safe....in his planet.
The way RR and Walsh went after Lance, whilst vouching for Lemond with precious bot logic (Walsh claimed Gregs illness was due to him riding clean; RR trolled the Lemond thread about EPO not existing in cycling before 1991 and claimed Lance offered people big money to spill on Lemond, a claim backed up only by Lemond) still makes me wonder.
The poster Maxiton (who got chased out of this forum for daring to question Lemond) once proposed Walsh & RR got paid by Greg to go after Lance.
I'm not convinced that happened, but it would explain a thing or two about a thing or two.

sniper said:
Digger said:
thehog said:

this was unreal
The way RR and Walsh went after Lance, whilst vouching for Lemond with precious bot logic (Walsh claimed Gregs illness was due to him riding clean; RR trolled the Lemond thread about EPO not existing in cycling before 1991 and claimed Lance offered people big money to spill on Lemond, a claim backed up only by Lemond) still makes me wonder.
The poster Maxiton (who got chased out of this forum for daring to question Lemond) once proposed Walsh & RR got paid by Greg to go after Lance.
I'm not convinced that happened, but it would explain a thing or two about a thing or two.
When are you claiming this happened, before he was a mod of after?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
sorry which part of the bolded?
Max getting chased out? That's not my claim, just what I've been told. Not much more to say about it tbh. Matter of perspective no doubt.

Fwiw, I loved his contributions, intelligent, funny and amical, really miss him.
Max, be good.

Re:

sniper said:
sorry which part of the bolded?
Max getting chased out? That's not my claim, just what I've been told. Not much more to say about it tbh. Matter of perspective no doubt.

Fwiw, I loved his contributions, intelligent, funny and amical, really miss him.
Max, be good.
The part about maxiton getting 'chased out' over that claim. Did this happen before or after he was a mod? He's been a member for a long time, long before me so I don't know what happened before my time but I do know why he left this last time, which would have been after he was a mod and it wasn't because he made a claim that LA offered up big money to spill the beans on Lemond.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Irondan said:
The part about maxiton getting 'chased out' over that claim. Did this happen before or after he was a mod? He's been a member for a long time, long before me so I don't know what happened before my time but I do know why he left this last time, which would have been after he was a mod and it wasn't because he made a claim that LA offered up big money to spill the beans on Lemond.
I didn't say over that particular claim. But thanks for expanding. Fair enough of course.

Sport is like the military, apparently
Which reminds me of another poster who's gone missing, doperhopper who aptly proposed to retitle The Climb as Mein Climb.
:lol:

sniper said:
Irondan said:
I didn't say over that particular claim. But thanks for expanding. Fair enough of course.

Sport is like the military, apparently
Which reminds me of another poster who's gone missing, the Sceptic, who aptly proposed to retitle The Climb as Mein Climb.
:lol:
sniper said:
Snipped...
Fine sniper, but you're avoiding the question that I asked. It was a simple question, I'm not sure why you can't answer it... :confused:

Was he chased out before or after he was a mod?

TRENDING THREADS