• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Chicken from Tølløseis coming back

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
I could see him at Astana with Vino, or maybe one of those SMALLER Italian teams that pick up former dopers,

Isn't Ricco or Sella going, or will be going, to one of them already; think it's the team with Simeoni of all people? Should make for a tense dinner table :D

Imagine Ricco, Sella, and Chicken together on one team. Progress for the UCI? LOL

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
davidg said:
He should go to Garmin

Chicken and rice go well together - lol

Nah, Contador has that locked up already.

Garmin's strong due diligence means they will want to see his best "Austrian fried 'chicken'" recipes first. Also some bovine recipes seem in play (ones that are mixed with shoe boxes).

But unfortunately for Dennis, and others, the franchise has closed.:rolleyes:

DenisMenchov said:
He never doped or I`m wrong?

Well he never showed up for his drug tests, because he said he was in Mexico at the time. Since he claimed he was in Mexico and unable to get to the drug tests, he was excused.

Then 3rd hand reports of journalists who said they saw him in Italy at the same time he was supposed to be in Mexico started to arise.

So his team decided to kick him out of the race. Nothing was ever proven.

Nobody proved he was not in Mexico at the time.

They never got close to getting a positive drug test result for him during the race. He got a raw deal.

SlantParallelogram said:
Well he never showed up for his drug tests, because he said he was in Mexico at the time. Since he claimed he was in Mexico and unable to get to the drug tests, he was excused.

Then 3rd hand reports of journalists who said they saw him in Italy at the same time he was supposed to be in Mexico started to arise.

So his team decided to kick him out of the race. Nothing was ever proven.

Nobody proved he was not in Mexico at the time.

They never got close to getting a positive drug test result for him during the race. He got a raw deal.

I know he was my favourite rider but you are calling him doper, and he`s not.

DenisMenchov said:
I know he was my favourite rider but you are calling him doper, and he`s not.

How am I calling him a doper?

I think he was railroaded.

They never proved he was doping.

What I described are the facts. He missed some drug tests. He said he was in Mexico at the time. Some journalists said they saw him in Italy at that same time.

So his team ended up kicking him out of the race.

Nobody ever proved he was in Italy at the time, and he didn't test positive.

How is that calling him a doper? :confused:

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Shame the chicken is such a suspicious fellow, I think he was taking drugs although everyone did, and maybe still do :S, but he was an amazing character, eurosprt fellows were always saying how he weighed everything he ate and would peel stickers off the bike to save weight, his obsession was very impressive.

He´s another shifty looking guy though, bit like di luca.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Chicken got a Raw deal and that Stinks. Ok, got that out of my system.

I don't take sides on the doping thing anymore cause it's impossible to know in whom to trust. You think, no not that guy, and later he's out there admitting it. They target some people until they kill them selves or go broke or depressed or all three. With guys like LeMond running around saying "off with their heads" all the time, I don't trust the authorities either.

Anybody who has seen the picture of this guy with his shirt off, knows how dedicated he is. Also he clearly improved his TT skills from the year he hit every ditch in sight (worked hard at it). He also is an attacking, epic ride sort of cyclist that this Tour could have used more of.

Guys returning to the sport is such an inconsistent process. David Miller has EPO all over his house, admits it, serves, and now is on the clean-as-a-whistle poster child Garmin. Verenque too. But others are just ostracized and beaten to death.

Ras served his time and should be able to ride. Floyd too (Radio Shack???). They certainly have enough testing to make sure these guys don't try anything. I mean they took so much blood from Lance this Tour that his Biological Passport beat him up Verbier. Enough, let the Chicken fly!

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Will be interesting to see if he can climb with Bertie now in the VO2 max category.

(Props to Bertie for endorsing Garmin, "rice" and all. Maybe he should try Columbia.;))

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
SlantParallelogram said:
Nobody ever proved he was in Italy at the time, and he didn't test positive.
Didn't he admit he was in Italy a few weeks after the tour? I could be wrong.

A missed test is the same as a positive. I didn't write the rules, it's the way they are.

My problem with guys like Landis (his hurt a lot because we're both Pennsylvanians) and Hamilton is that they don't man up when they get busted. You got caught, admit it and move on. Hamilton even used that Chimera thing to say he had 2 different blood types. You got caught, man up.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
The_Z_man said:
A missed test is the same as a positive. I didn't write the rules, it's the way they are.

Not to mention that he was indeed tested a few days after the missed tests. It is not like he was never tested. He was tested during that time and came up negative. He was royally screwed and Contador did not deserve the 2007 TdF win. He was gifted it like in professional wrestling.

I think Rabobank will forever be cursed in the Tour now.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
He was sanctioned because he missed two or more doping tests in a calendar year. He lied about his whereabouts when stating he was in Mexico, but he was actually in Italy. According to the UCI rules, both of these are sanctionable events under the antidoping charter.

In regards to doping. He apparently tested positive to dynepo in the 2007 TdF, with many other riders, but the criteria for a positive test had not been defined at that stage so Rasmussen, along with the other positive riders, were not sanctioned.

And then there was the shoe box incident. Rasmussen asked Whitney Richards to transport a box containing his cycling shoes, but the box actually contained bags of Hemopure, a hemoglobin-based oxygen carrier.

I have no problems with Rasmussen returning to the peloton (it would actually be fun to see him go toe-to-toe with Contador again), but really let's be objective about Rasmussen and other cyclists. The argument that he is not a doper because he hasn't tested positive is just so flawed that it is really a non-argument.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
And then there was the shoe box incident. Rasmussen asked Whitney Richards to transport a box containing his cycling shoes, but the box actually contained bags of Hemopure, a hemoglobin-based oxygen carrier.
I never bought that story. It was just too convenient, and told after the fact. Plus, there was no evidence, but Richards' word, since he supposedly poured the stuff down the drain. If he was worried, he should have turned it in to the UCI or his team or something.

Besides, Rasmussen must have had one hell of a story as to why he needed someone else to transport a pair of shoes.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
DenisMenchov said:
He never doped or I`m wrong?

He doped with dynepo (probably from Humanplasma, Wienna) in 2007, but it was tested with non authorised test, so, oficially, he is "clean" (besides hiding from the UCI controlls). As they tested Dekker's samples and found it positvie for Dynepo, they could test any other Rasmussen samples from Tour 2007 and they will be positive as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynepo

A

Anonymous

Ratsmousen was trapped, videoed , photographed and of course , say cheese . The poison, well that was self inflicted.

TRENDING THREADS