• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Chicken will confess today

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Fatclimber said:
You'll have to excuse us, but the bar has been set at a place where a shovel is needed to gain access to it. We're not accustomed to any type of honesty from anybody from the peloton regardless of how little they have to lose.
You'll have to excuse me, but I think the bar has been set by your excellent comment.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
DominicDecoco said:
I think you would share our opinions if you had seen both press releases and could undestand danish.

My Danish is savagely lacking in both reading and comprehension, so I will take your post as meaning there is something to legitimately celebrate concerning this Rasmussen revelation.

I've seen no names - particularly of enablers (suppliers, doctors, etc), I don't care about other riders so much given he's been out of the pro game for a while.

And in a sense, this is still discussing the past - when there is so much in the present that feels / looks / smells wrong, and I am unsure how or even if this Rasmussen revelation is going to help that at all.

Thank you for the reassurance.

DirtyWorks said:
1. When riders were wearing heartrate monitors to bed so they didn't die in their sleep was theraputic levels of oxygen vector doping?
These were the crazy 80ies/90ies. If there was any UCI rule that made sense, it was the 50% rule. Just to save the riders' lifes.

EPO should be administered until the patient is @ ca. 40% HCT and is considered "safe" until at least 50% and if under constant monitoring even more. Remember that heavy smokers or heavy T-abusers (read: bodybuilders) or a combination of both approach 55+ or even 60% HCT frequently.

I would be more concerned about cell growth which according to studies appears to be dosage-independent. It sucks to be a Pro, just wait a few years until cancer kicks in across the board.

DirtyWorks said:
Hinault's rumored(?) ruined joints were the result of theraputic levels of steroids?
It was cortisone. Cortisone is really bad stuff, it killed my granny actually.

DirtyWorks said:
2. Let's argue for a minute you could verify who was taking what at what dosage, the point is the riders aren't recovering from an illness. Please don't use the Fuentes quote.
The most generally accessible document is obviously Voets book. But there are so many "training"-plans, you may want to search for yourself.

And then there is the small world of cycling, training partners and such. Somebody who knows somebody. Go riding in Italy, talk to the dilletanti, I found them very chatty - at least in the early twothousands. But as I repeatedly stated: my country is really small as well. And I come from a town that is well known for a WADA accredited lab housed by a sports university and friends and training partners either study or teach there. Ask Clenberto which town that may be.

Edit: And furthermore there are pharmacokinetics. Educate yourself about the effects in relation to trigger values during testing. Btw the reason why I'm more concerned about amateur racers and weekend warriors that are rarely tested. Also learn about possible water retention, stiffness and all that stuff.

Dear Wiggo said:
My Danish is savagely lacking in both reading and comprehension, so I will take your post as meaning there is something to legitimately celebrate concerning this Rasmussen revelation.

I don't think anyone is 'celebrating' anything tbh.

Dear Wiggo said:
I've seen no names - particularly of enablers (suppliers, doctors, etc), I don't care about other riders so much given he's been out of the pro game for a while.

This is why it was important to see and undestand what was said today.

Names have been mentioned. Active riders, active SD's, doctors, suppliers etc.

This will be on a completely different scale of what anyone has said after a confession. Hembo's interview after the confession made sure of that - even without being able to mention names.

We have to be patient with the names. Many of them will be given the chance to contact DCU before DCU contacts them. (That would be for danes of course.) Rasmussen has testified to WADA and USADA for international names.

Remember - he would have got 8 years ban. He got 2. You'll have to tell a whole lot to get such a discount.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Now I hope people are not naive and think Rabobank was a big bad doping team. They were just trying to go along with what EVERYONE else was doing in that time...
A little premature to try to rank teams according to how much they doped, or to say Rabobank surely weren't near the top.

I didn't get the same vibe from them as from, say, Saunier Duval, but the fact remains they had some really egregious dopers and were consistently among the top teams.

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Having followed his career fairly closely, my feeling tells me he spilled his guts to the authorities. It seems that way from his statement, the reduced ban, and his personality. While he's no hero to me, I appreciate his telling the truth and apologizing and saying he would try to make amends. It's going to be interesting to see where this all leads.

So much for LA's statement in the interview with Dan the other day:

CN: Does TRC need to provide a complete amnesty?

Armstrong: Of course otherwise no one will show up. No one.

No one but a chicken that is.

He were taling about him self, thought you would know that by now.. "full amnesty for ME if I fully confess..."

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Great Michael Rasmussen confessed of his doping, pat on the back.

Now, lets get to the nitty gritty details! AKA the meat of the confession, who supplied, who aided, who knew, who's! The sooner the better and more force Rasmussen can deploy his own Truth and Reconciliation on the masses, before they are all swept under the carpet by the powers that are totally making this into the biggest farce in history.

Mr.38% said:
These were the crazy 80ies/90ies. If there was any UCI rule that made sense, it was the 50% rule. Just to save the riders' lifes.

But, but your claim was "Regarding health: Cyclists use pharmaceuticals mostly well within the therapeutic range. ":confused: So, riders are NOT using them within therapeutic ranges. And lets' not forget none of the riders actually had a medical need for the products.

Based on the end of your last post, I think we agree that the doping sets an awful precedent. Now, if only Hein and the IOC were interested in cleaning up the doping.

Alpe d'Huez said:
Having followed his career fairly closely, my feeling tells me he spilled his guts to the authorities. It seems that way from his statement, the reduced ban, and his personality. While he's no hero to me, I appreciate his telling the truth and apologizing and saying he would try to make amends. It's going to be interesting to see where this all leads.

So much for LA's statement in the interview with Dan the other day:

CN: Does TRC need to provide a complete amnesty?

Armstrong: Of course otherwise no one will show up. No one.

No one but a chicken that is.

Our friend Lancey-poo appears to have difficulty understanding that it is actually possible to tell the truth.

Is it only me, but I get the feeling we could be at a watershed moment here. Many riders and entire teams coming out of the closet about their extensive doping histories. Can this momentum be used to change the doping mindset and get consensus to stop the stupidity?

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm confused :confused: what is the official start date for the new clean era now? Seems to be some disagreement in the ranks, drifting off script.

Pat, Pat what's happening man, you're losing control of the narrative.

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
ElChingon said:
Great Michael Rasmussen confessed of his doping, pat on the back.

Now, lets get to the nitty gritty details! AKA the meat of the confession, who supplied, who aided, who knew, who's! The sooner the better and more force Rasmussen can deploy his own Truth and Reconciliation on the masses, before they are all swept under the carpet by the powers that are totally making this into the biggest farce in history.

Fingers crossed that this will happen. Lance had the chance, but looks like he is being pipped to the post by a chicken.

Could then well be a very dark horse chicken opening the massive can of worms.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Now I hope people are not naive and think Rabobank was a big bad doping team. They were just trying to go along with what EVERYONE else was doing in that time...

Not good enough im afraid. Disgusting whats been going on, im never going to grow dutch tulips in my garden again:mad:

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
I dunno. The guy turns 39 in June and he has zero chance of racing WT. TRC can't offer him much.

It can offer him a job (as a DS/manager) in a sport he clearly still cares about.

TRENDING THREADS