• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

the christmas thread

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Ho Ho Ho

3973752215_0c079d6575.jpg

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Christmas Traditions

One particular Christmas season a long time ago, Santa was getting ready for his annual trip ... but there were problems everywhere.

Four of his elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones so Santa was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule. Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her mom was coming to visit.

This stressed Santa even more. When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out, heaven knows where. More stress. Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys.

So, frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of coffee and a shot of whiskey. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that the elves had hid the liquor and there was nothing to drink. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the coffee pot and it broke into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor.

He went to get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw it was made from. Just then the doorbell rang and Santa cussed on his way to the door. He opened the door and there was a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.

The angel said, very cheerfully, "Merry Christmas Santa. Isn't it just a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Isn't it just a lovely tree? Where would you like me to stick it?"

Thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

The only tradition I have is a visit on Xmas eve to my favourite bar where I take along a couple of bottles of wine as a thank you for service and together with one of the owners we sit down and have a pretty good night.

We decided to step it up a notch this year and to start I'm providing a starting course of '96 Dom Perignon, a 2001 Dry River Pinot Noir and a finishing course of '96 Dry River botrytis Reisling. The owner has got a couple of surprises too so it should be a pretty good night.

krebs303 said:
christmas traditions

one particular christmas season a long time ago, santa was getting ready for his annual trip ... But there were problems everywhere.

Four of his elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones so santa was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule. Then mrs. Claus told santa that her mom was coming to visit.

This stressed santa even more. When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out, heaven knows where. More stress. Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys.

So, frustrated, santa went into the house for a cup of coffee and a shot of whiskey. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that the elves had hid the liquor and there was nothing to drink. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the coffee pot and it broke into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor.

He went to get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw it was made from. Just then the doorbell rang and santa cussed on his way to the door. He opened the door and there was a little angel with a great big christmas tree.

The angel said, very cheerfully, "merry christmas santa. Isn't it just a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Isn't it just a lovely tree? Where would you like me to stick it?"

thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the christmas tree.
lmfaorotf lol!!! Excellent...thank you. Krebs.

Tugboat said:
The only tradition I have is a visit on Xmas eve to my favourite bar where I take along a couple of bottles of wine as a thank you for service and together with one of the owners we sit down and have a pretty good night.

We decided to step it up a notch this year and to start I'm providing a starting course of '96 Dom Perignon, a 2001 Dry River Pinot Noir and a finishing course of '96 Dry River botrytis Reisling. The owner has got a couple of surprises too so it should be a pretty good night.

spare no expense:cool:

I absolutely detest X-mas music. Really really hate it. I was never really big on it in the first place, but I once spent a week on an X-mas cruise where they played X-mas music 24/7 throughout the ship[ for a week. That was the breaking point. Now I have to wear an IPod just to go to the grocery store during December because store owners evidently think that people will buy more food if X-mas music is blasted through the air for a solid month. I pity the sorry SOBs who work retail in December. I think I would run amuck with an axe if I had such a job.

BroDeal said:
I absolutely detest X-mas music. Really really hate it. I was never really big on it in the first place, but I once spent a week on an X-mas cruise where they played X-mas music 24/7 throughout the ship[ for a week. That was the breaking point. Now I have to wear an IPod just to go to the grocery store during December because store owners evidently think that people will buy more food if X-mas music is blasted through the air for a solid month. I pity the sorry SOBs who work retail in December. I think I would run amuck with an axe if I had such a job.

yeah xmas music can be good in small doses...like on christmas eve only

what really gets to me is the radio stations that begin playing xmas music in early november...you can't play xmas music before thanksgiving it just doesn't work

aarnold517 said:

what really gets to me is the radio stations that begin playing xmas music in early november...you can't play xmas music before thanksgiving it just doesn't work

It's all just a commercial affair. Thoroughly base and detestable.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Yeah pigs in a blanket and Brussel sprouts!!!

Pigs in a blanket and brussel sprouts. Amen. Traditions my folks brought across the pond with them. I'm an old fashioned Christmas fan.

Pluses: snow, Christmas lights, Boney M Christmas album, Christmas Day xc skiing, my kids, the neighbours' kids, spoiling the missus, ice hockey/floor hockey/road hockey, Boxing Day snowshoeing, watching everyone stuff miscellaneous crap into the dog's face

Minuses: the ads, any mention of Christmas before Dec 1, Christmas music other than Boney M, the neighbours' kids, fixing things broken during the hockey tournament, Boxing Day hangover, cleaning up after the dog

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I love the Christmas season. The music in November and early December is a bit much...as is the decorations in stores before Thanksgiving. I love the reactions my kids show...kisses from my wife and kids...and of course the eggnog. A picture of a woodland santa with all the animals brings a smile to my face. What can I say...I like the season.

so here i am october 7, and we have not hit halloween yet. people have the halloween lights and stuff up. when did that start? it is festive, if maybe
new. i leave my lights(xmas) up year round, so wtf? i think i'll turn them on.
yeah i like the festive stuff. merry whatever...how about Festivus?:cool:

A

Anonymous

aarnold517 said:

http://blogs.reuters.com/fanfare/20...ew-christmas-album-has-the-goods-critic-says/

somethings are just wrong, plain wrong....

edit: OH MY GOD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gundu1yLjWY

the first dylan album i wont be listening too...

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
blaxland said:
as a retail shop owner..i love xmas and it should happen 4 times a year....but im biased....but definantley agree with other posters "the music is bad"...

As a retail shop owner I only have one really strict shop policy, no Christmas music!

TRENDING THREADS