• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cycling Betting Thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Laying S Sanchez is at 16.
So if i understand well i have to bet for 150 euro to win 10?

Even if Contador loses time on the cobbles odds wont rise a lot, he's to big a favorite. There are safer bets at such odds then a 3 week race with crashes, flat tires, illness, epo, ... try Uruguay +0.5, much safer bet :D

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
stage 3 looks like a no brainer, to bet on AC, since he claims he came to the race only to test his TT skillz and not to win the overall... they have him matched up against Millar.. in what world does Millar beat AC in a TT?? lol. safe to bet on AC for the win and the matchup against Millar??

do you guys think the Pro's ever call their relatives and give them insider info on who to bet on? Like, AC calls his bro and says "I'm going to kill the TT tomorrow my legs are feeling amazing and these guys don't stand a chance?" I feel like you could gain some valuable information if you knew first hand how their legs were feeling or if someone could say "no way I feel horrible don't bet on me. and definitely don't bet on so and so because they are also riding like crap"

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
santacruz said:
in what world does Millar beat AC in a TT??

Well, it was 364 days ago :D

Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré, Stage 4 : Bourg-lès-Valence - Valence I.T.T. (42.4 km) 10/06/2009
1. [GER] GRABSCH Bert THR 51'26"
2. [AUS] EVANS Cadel SIL 07"
3. [GBR] MILLAR David GRM 39"
4. [CZE] RABON Frantisek THR 40"
5. [ESP] CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto AST 44"

I dont know at what odds AC started but under 1.50 i aint touching anything.
I will take Gusev over Bodrogi at 1.847. In the prologue Gusev was 27th, Bodrogi only 133th. Bodrogi lost over 1 minute in the first stage while Gusev stayed in front, so i think we can say Gusev his form is better then Bodrogi's or at least has more motivation for this race. Also the fact that they are teammates can play a part, Bodrogi will start hours before Gusev so Gusev can use his times to focus on. The fact that he starts late has also the benefit that other riders will tell him some things about this course. Not to start to fast, watch out for the headwind at that part of the course, ...

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
$20 Grabsch @ $9.50

$50 Grabsch over Malori @ $1.55
$30 Grabsch over Moreau @ $1.50
$30 Gussev over Badrogi @ $1.85
$40 Van Garderen over Boasson-Hagen @ $1.67
$30 Gretsch over Riblon x Malori over Plaza @ $2.46

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Badeend said:
Well, it was 364 days ago :D

Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré, Stage 4 : Bourg-lès-Valence - Valence I.T.T. (42.4 km) 10/06/2009
1. [GER] GRABSCH Bert THR 51'26"
2. [AUS] EVANS Cadel SIL 07"
3. [GBR] MILLAR David GRM 39"
4. [CZE] RABON Frantisek THR 40"
5. [ESP] CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto AST 44"

I dont know at what odds AC started but under 1.50 i aint touching anything.
I will take Gusev over Bodrogi at 1.847. In the prologue Gusev was 27th, Bodrogi only 133th. Bodrogi lost over 1 minute in the first stage while Gusev stayed in front, so i think we can say Gusev his form is better then Bodrogi's or at least has more motivation for this race. Also the fact that they are teammates can play a part, Bodrogi will start hours before Gusev so Gusev can use his times to focus on. The fact that he starts late has also the benefit that other riders will tell him some things about this course. Not to start to fast, watch out for the headwind at that part of the course, ...

Yep. Gussev top 5. Contador or Grabsch to win.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
$20 Grabsch @ $9.50

$50 Grabsch over Malori @ $1.55
$30 Grabsch over Moreau @ $1.50

$30 Gussev over Badrogi @ $1.85
$40 Van Garderen over Boasson-Hagen @ $1.67
$30 Gretsch over Riblon x Malori over Plaza @ $2.46

Down $3.70 on the stage.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
San Carlo said:
You didn't read what I wrote yesterday? Boasson Hagen will take it easy during the Dauphine. Luckily for me, many thought he would win today and yesterday. And I have been laying him all day. Even after he had been on the front of the peloton with a few km left, people wanted to back him. That is the beautiful thing about Betfair. Risk free money can be made because of people with little knowledge betting on cycling.

No offence mate but I'm taking everything you say like a grain of salt. You're not credible. You come on here and say you have been making easy money, but you don't post your plays before hand. You just come on here and claim you won so and so much etc.

Either post your bets, or don't make comments like that.

There's nothing worse than a Gambler who says he was on so and so without providing proof by typing your bets.

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Bodrogi was better then i expected, close call. The legs of the day decide, better luck next time.

@santacruz: first rule in betting: there is no such thing as a banker or a no brainer. Any bet can be lost. All bettors should hang that rule above their pc :D

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
No offence mate but I'm taking everything you say like a grain of salt. You're not credible. You come on here and say you have been making easy money, but you don't post your plays before hand. You just come on here and claim you won so and so much etc.

Either post your bets, or don't make comments like that.

There's nothing worse than a Gambler who says he was on so and so without providing proof by typing your bets.

I can't post my games before hand because I only do live betting. It is not a lot of easy money out there, but sometimes especially on Betfair, where you play against normal people and not experts from a betting firm, it happens more often that you can find good bets. And even more so on live betting because it happens so fast, and people make mistakes.

You can see my stat from Betfair from Dauphine.
yvw3gte8t73oc3lya3r_Picture-Betfair.jpg

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
San Carlo said:
I can't post my games before hand because I only do live betting. It is not a lot of easy money out there, but sometimes especially on Betfair, where you play against normal people and not experts from a betting firm, it happens more often that you can find good bets. And even more so on live betting because it happens so fast, and people make mistakes.

You can see my stat from Betfair from Dauphine.
yvw3gte8t73oc3lya3r_Picture-Betfair.jpg

Yeah. The worst thing about it is ringing up and trying to put everything on.

Bet365 doesn't allow you to lay riders, but it's good for in-play because you don't need to ring up and mistakes happen.

Qatar, there was a head to head involving Farrar. Lots of crosswinds, he had a puncture in the last 18km, was never going to contest the sprint. Bet the other guy, easy winner.

Also in Qatar, a break away of 2, 9 minutes ahead of the peloton, 40km to go with the peloton splitting in major winds. The peloton were in three splits. Were never going to be caught and both were $6 or $7 to win the stage. Back both and you can sit back and laugh your way to the end.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
$50 Szymd over Cataldo @ $1.85 - You gotto wonder how Cataldo is feeling after yesterday's crash. He'll be sore.

$30 Le Mevel over Taaramae @ $1.60

$30 Van Garderen over Peraud x Van den Broeck over Millar @ $2.25

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
$50 Szymd over Cataldo @ $1.85 - You gotto wonder how Cataldo is feeling after yesterday's crash. He'll be sore.

$30 Le Mevel over Taaramae @ $1.60

$30 Van Garderen over Peraud x Van den Broeck over Millar @ $2.25

+$50 on the stage

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Sasquatch, did you use bet365 for those awesome bets you were talking about, like the 9 minute break with 40km to go, and Farrar with a puncture at Tour of Qatar, etc. You can bet that late into the race?? sounds like a recipe for making a fortune! lol.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
santacruz said:
Sasquatch, did you use bet365 for those awesome bets you were talking about, like the 9 minute break with 40km to go, and Farrar with a puncture at Tour of Qatar, etc. You can bet that late into the race?? sounds like a recipe for making a fortune! lol.

Yes.

You just have to pay close attention to the race, the conditions etc and get lucky with odds. Opportunities like that come across sometimes. You gotto be lucky to get the right time. Yes and in most instances you can bet to the last 15km.

I think it was in the Vuelta last year. There was a sprint stage and the peloton were split. Farrar or Greipel were in the front group, but bet365 didn't know. They were paying $20 for the win. (i forget which one it was). And it got up.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
$40 Taaramae over Van den Broeck @ $2.25
$40 Sivtsov over Millar @ $1.85 - If Millar beats Sivtsov on a stage which features two outside category climbs then Sivtsov won't get a place in the Tour de France team. He wants a place in July, he needs to do something and be there for Van Garderen! Millar should be nowhere to be seen.

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
$40 Taaramae over Van den Broeck @ $2.25
$40 Sivtsov over Millar @ $1.85 - If Millar beats Sivtsov on a stage which features two outside category climbs then Sivtsov won't get a place in the Tour de France team. He wants a place in July, he needs to do something and be there for Van Garderen! Millar should be nowhere to be seen.

Where are you getting those odds sasquatch?Having a look at bet365 and can't see that matchup. Millar beat Sivtsov by a few seconds on stage four but don't think he (millar) is as good a climber as some think.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Sportingbet

Millar only did that yesterday because the peloton went slow up the climb. I would expect him tonight to drop off the back as soon as they start the Alpe!

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
Sportingbet

Millar only did that yesterday because the peloton went slow up the climb. I would expect him tonight to drop off the back as soon as they start the Alpe!

Right thanks.Considering opening an account. Live in Ireland and sometimes can be quite awkward to withdraw from some of bookies but certainly they have wider range of odds than other firms.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Tour of Switzerland

Prologue:

$30 Sagan over Kreuziger @ $2.20

Overall

$25 Rogers @ $6

$50 Kreuziger over Kloden @ $1.85
$50 Armstrong over Spilak @ $1.85
$50 Rogers over Kreuziger @ $2.20

TRENDING THREADS