• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Evidence

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
mewmewmew13 said:
Lol
Well, not sure if I would take this as truth but it would up the entertainment factor.

I honestly believe it is just link bait, but, ABC is a very respected newspaper in Spain that supports the right wing PP party (currently in power) (please correct me if I am wrong). What I am trying to say is that it isn't just some tabloid that comes out with scandals to make big headlines.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Bicycle said:
I think he knew exactly what he was doing. The last thing he wanted was to have to publicly contest the charges.

Of course he didn't want to contest the charges.

But did LA see the size and speed of the avalanche of facts and how they would overwhelm his own narrative? Within days of his quitting the USADA fight would come Ty's book, more whispers of UCI coverups, and stories of new positives. For LA's birthday there will be: USADA's reasoned decision and then public release of that information, followed by UCI's likely acquiescence (even if reluctant), capped off by ASO stripping the titles, which will trigger civil lawsuits to the tune of tens of millions. Now add in the possible People magazine kind of embarrassments of Sheryl Crow and Kik (if, that is, they told the truth). A Crow-Armstrong spat might seem trivial to us, but it will be big for the Livestrong crowd.

Remember the day LA "quit the fight" and his lawyers huffed and puffed and threatened to sue USADA if they actually stripped the titles or aired any information? You wonder if LA misinterpreted this and thought his lawyers really had the kind of clout to bury the evidence in a cement grave for all time. Possibly LA really thought that.

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Not impossible that Sheryl was a mule IMO.

When Stephanie Mcilvine was in front of the GJ for 7 hrs I wondered what they could be chatting about so long. Had to be more than the SCA lies/witness tampering. Unless she was delivering some of the products, how would she know enough to keep everyone entertained that long?

The other thing is, the very best way to keep people's mouths shut is to make them complicit. LA is very good at keeping people's mouths shut, so I'm led to believe he is good at getting people to be complicit in his "crimes". People who deliver the products are not going to talk.....

Not saying that's what happened, just that I wouldn't rule out the idea of some stuff being transported in the girl's handbags.

Heres a good one:

http://bit.ly/N93iMZ

"Did abuse of the steroid drugs whose use was rampant in cycling in the 1980s and early 1990s cause the cancer that ultimately made Armstrong into a global celebrity, and into an heroic figure in the eyes of the global cancer community?"

So, he doped to GET cancer, had to take drugs to recover from cancer, and then dopes post-cancer to win the tour and become a celebrity. This guy is a genius. So smart in fact, that he decides not to re-hire Landis, a decision that ultimatly causes his downfall.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
LauraLyn said:
True, Lance would never want the evidence brought out in public.

His "quitting" came with a threat "to fight".

But he was led to believe he would beat it. He thought he was protected. And he was. It's just that protecting him started to cost too much.

The funny thing is, Lance didn't even get cut a deal by the big boys. He really got broadsided.

Weisel, McQuaid, the UCI, USA Cycling, Ironman . . . they are all walking away from this and Lance (Bruyneel and a few other fools) are left taking the fall.

You could almost feel sorry for the guy. Almost.

You said it better than I did!

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
all I can say is the stuff the human race imagines into be-ing is absolutely INCREDIBLE !!!! :):)

This is not about "sides" either .... because there are no sides . Yet that's part of the great paradox of it all ... is that we can I-magine ... there are !!!

we are kiss a@@ !!!!

lostintime said:
all I can say is the stuff the human race imagines into be-ing is absolutely INCREDIBLE !!!! :):)

This is not about "sides" either .... because there are no sides . Yet that's part of the great paradox of it all ... is that we can I-magine ... there are !!!

we are kiss a@@ !!!!

hehehe, who would have IMAGINED in Abril of 2010, that we would see in a national newspaper that Sheryl Crow is suspected of supplying drugs to Lance Armstrong!

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
lostintime said:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Albert Einstein
:):)

GotDropped said:
Heres a good one:

http://bit.ly/N93iMZ

"Did abuse of the steroid drugs whose use was rampant in cycling in the 1980s and early 1990s cause the cancer that ultimately made Armstrong into a global celebrity, and into an heroic figure in the eyes of the global cancer community?"

So, he doped to GET cancer, had to take drugs to recover from cancer, and then dopes post-cancer to win the tour and become a celebrity. This guy is a genius. So smart in fact, that he decides not to re-hire Landis, a decision that ultimatly causes his downfall.

Now that the floodgates are open, the reporters are free to speculate without any real legal fear of Armstrong.

And Armstrong should have learned from John Hammond and his Jurassic Park experience! Just because you can treat Nedry badly and pay him next to nothing, doesn't mean you should. Someday, he might just go all Newman on you!

May 14, 2010
Visit site
LauraLyn said:
True, Lance would never want the evidence brought out in public.

His "quitting" came with a threat "to fight".

But he was led to believe he would beat it. He thought he was protected. And he was. It's just that protecting him started to cost too much.

The funny thing is, Lance didn't even get cut a deal by the big boys. He really got broadsided.

Weisel, McQuaid, the UCI, USA Cycling, Ironman . . . they are all walking away from this and Lance (Bruyneel and a few other fools) are left taking the fall.

You could almost feel sorry for the guy. Almost.

When LA was a new and somewhat unknown quantity, first as a rider and even later as a post-cancer new winner of the Tour, drawing him as a tool and potential victim of the big boys made sense.

The thing that's always characterized Armstrong, though, is that he insists on being not just a player but the player. He doesn't take orders from anybody, and he's going to be, at the very least, an equal among senior partners in any endeavor, whether sporting or business, one the other partners defer to for final decisions. He insists on hearing every detail and making an informed decision. In this he perhaps has something in common with the late Steve Jobs.

So to suggest that he has now been blindsided or broadsided by the "big boys" strikes me as wrong and very likely disingenuous coming from someone who speaks with such authority. Armstrong could take down all these fat old fools, and you can bet he would if he thought they were screwing him. (Weisel is the only one of the bunch who holds any prospect of having more juice - the money-and-political-power kind - than Armstrong.)

If these supposed big boys don't go down, it'll be because Armstrong doesn't want them to. And if doesn't want them to, it'll be because they've done everything in their power to protect him.

GotDropped said:

Meh. It goes back earlier than that. It's time to dust off the Chris Carmichael doping kids story. Old news for some here, but if you are new to the rampant doping, this one deflates the myth better than most.

Lance and Big George were just two of many kids doped by Carmichael and Rene Wenzel.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500164_162-284958.html
http://velonews.competitor.com/2006/04/news/six-years-later-strock-case-comes-to-court_9763 The "other team coach" is Chris Carmichael.

Could Sheryl have been present when Lance got an OOC test, and did his stalling/avasion exersize? The tester would surely have recognized her (I wouldn't recognize her on the streets if she asked me the way, I'll admit), which would make it impossible for her to deny having witnessed something peculiar.
If just one USADA tester would report Sheryl having been on the scene, Lance can eat crow long after breaking up with her.

TRENDING THREADS