• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The gender of cycling fans.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Are you Male or Female

• Female

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
There is only male cycling? Women don't? ;)

But yes, 95% of my work involves men's cycling.

Susan

One would think that women don't from the paucity of coverage they receive. Cyclingnews does its best, but there doesn't seem to be much coverage anywhere. Do any of you know of any sites in other languages, French, German, Italian, Spanish, anything, that does a more comprehensive job of covering women's cycling?

The UCI really needs to do more to promote women's cycling. If women could see other women in the sport it would probably get them involved in the men's side as well and thereby creating a bigger audience for the sponsors.

That said, women's cycling teams need to do a better job of appealing to men and women. How often have you ever seen a women's team kit available for sale? Several of my friends have ridden professionally and some of them have even had to buy their own kit. I would have gladly helped out the team's finances by buying some kit given the chance.