• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Gianni Moscon Bandwagon Jumping Thread

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I just love moscon. Cycling needs bad boys, guys who doesn't give a sh## about the rules. For some reason maradona and ali are two of the greatest athletes of all times. I prefer this type of people (in sports) compared to boring people like quintana, keldermann (he seems a mouse when he is talking), porte, etc.

Re:

portugal11 said:
I just love moscon. Cycling needs bad boys, guys who doesn't give a sh## about the rules. For some reason maradona and ali are two of the greatest athletes of all times. I prefer this type of people (in sports) compared to boring people like quintana, keldermann (he seems a mouse when he is talking), porte, etc.

agree about the "bad boys" part.
I liked many boring riders and still like them, so I wouldnt blame Porte or Kelderman. but yes, the more Moscon, the more fun. twitter goes mad every time, and will go mad everytime in the next years. it´s great.

the only thing that could make him a little bit more liked is when he signs elsewhere and leaves Sky. that could help a bit

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
trucido said:
cineteq said:
Moscon: "The video is pretty clear, I can’t deny it. But I don’t think it changes my ability as a rider and I’ll prove it in the future,”

He's right it doesn't change a bit his ability as a rider, although it does change it as a blatant cheater :cool:

Too bad there was no such video of Demare's Cipressa ascent at San Remo last year.
Demare sticky bottle is legend,was shown times and times again that it is highly implausible, unlike TJVG vuelta pull.
http://inrng.com/2016/03/demare-cipressa-conspiracy-theories/
Waiting for the 9/11 conspiracy theory

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
portugal11 said:

I liked many boring riders and still like them, so I wouldnt blame Porte or Kelderman. but yes, the more Moscon, the more fun. twitter goes mad every time, and will go mad everytime in the next years. it´s great.

the only thing that could make him a little bit more liked is when he signs elsewhere and leaves Sky. that could help a bit

Yep, gotta love them there bigots. Whooo-weeee. :rolleyes:

Re:

portugal11 said:
You do know the racism Ali (Clay) had to endure?

GraftPunk said:
pastronef said:
portugal11 said:

Yep, gotta love them there bigots. Whooo-weeee. :rolleyes:

Yep, just a bit of banter on twitter. Idiots is being nice.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

ferryman said:
portugal11 said:
Yes... but he was a bad boy, no doubt about that. How many times did he troll his rivals? A lot!! And I love the guy

ferryman said:
portugal11 said:

The same Ali who was a guest speaker at a Ku Klux Klan rally, speaking in favor of segregation?

While I'm the first to be annoyed that Moscon got away with a slap on the wrist, Muhammad Ali is quite possibly the worst person you could've picked as an example, given his hypocritical actions vis a vis the equal rights movement and Joe Frazier.

ferryman said:
portugal11 said:
Some of the stuff Ali has said over the years has been racist

ferryman said:
portugal11 said:
His treatment of Joe Frazier was dispicable

Re:

portugal11 said:

You'd think cycling would have had enough of them by now ....guys not giveing a sh** about the rules :rolleyes:
Armstrong didnt give a *** about the rules... let see....there was a plethora of dopers..they didnt give a *** about the rules .some who died young...but its only rock and roll to me !!!

There is one thing being a fun , cheeky dude like Sagan, Kwaito & Allaphillipe....
Another thing altogethr being an *** ....You throw around racist slur and get towed ...guess which you are... And Moscon is very young...lets see what he is like in a few years

....ridiculous posts...excusing racism & cheating as some misdemeanour

This is one of the major problems with cycling ...the 'fans' happy to embrace all that is wrong for the sake of cheap thrills

Re:

portugal11 said:

You can be someone who is exiting and "goes against the grain", but if you push it to far you end up as an immoral jerk. Boring and breaking the rules aren't opposites.

HelloDolly said:
portugal11 said:

You'd think cycling would have had enough of them by now ....guys not giveing a sh** about the rules :rolleyes:
Armstrong didnt give a **** about the rules... let see....there was a plethora of dopers..they didnt give a **** about the rules .some who died young...but its only rock and roll to me !!!

There is one thing being a fun , cheeky dude like Sagan, Kwaito & Allaphillipe....
Another thing altogethr being an ******* ....You throw around racist slur and get towed ...guess which you are... And Moscon is very young...lets see what he is like in a few years

....ridiculous posts...excusing racism & cheating as some misdemeanour

This is one of the major problems with cycling ...the 'fans' happy to embrace all that is wrong for the sake of cheap thrills

Somehow I missed your post.

This.....

Re:

portugal11 said:
Ali??? :confused: He was not a cheat, he was an anti-racism activist...terrible example.

Tonton said:
portugal11 said:
Ali??? :confused: He was not a cheat, he was an anti-racism activist...terrible example.
He beat up his opponenets. If Bouhanni does that the outcry is unreal.

StryderHells said:
movingtarget said:
You reap what you sow as Moscon has found out. Maybe DQs and suspensions are good for careers. If Froome or Porte had done the same things some fans would be wanting them banned for life.

Froome has done the same thing or don't you remember him being DQ'd from the 2010 Giro?

Nope don't remember that..........pre the Sky era...........

HelloDolly said:
There is one thing being a fun , cheeky dude like Sagan

A fun, cheeky dude like Sagan?! The guy was a disrespectful idiot when he was younger, as some of his actions proved. However he has calmed down, grown up and settled with his wife.

Not for one minute am I comparing what Sagan has done compared to Moscon, because we can't, however people are capable of growing up and maturing, that's what I hope Moscon will do. Live and learn, never make the same mistakes again.

movingtarget said:
StryderHells said:
movingtarget said:
You reap what you sow as Moscon has found out. Maybe DQs and suspensions are good for careers. If Froome or Porte had done the same things some fans would be wanting them banned for life.

Froome has done the same thing or don't you remember him being DQ'd from the 2010 Giro?

Nope don't remember that..........pre the Sky era...........
Dawg claims he jacked the race in anyway as he was having pain with his knee

Pricey_sky said:
A fun, cheeky dude like Sagan?! The guy was a disrespectful idiot when he was younger, as some of his actions proved. However he has calmed down, grown up and settled with his wife.

Lol ask Vantomme if he's calmed down. In Montreal he's calmed down. Has he stopped wheelying by now?

Moscon will mature up much quicker than that guy, who never will actually.

Pricey_sky said:
HelloDolly said:
There is one thing being a fun , cheeky dude like Sagan

Not for one minute am I comparing what Sagan has done compared to Moscon, because we can't, however people are capable of growing up and maturing, that's what I hope Moscon will do. Live and learn, never make the same mistakes again.
That's pretty strong words. I would call it "immature" :cool:
That happens quite often in young age. Some grow up and get better (and some not). Sagan seems to be growing up and maturing.
But there's significant difference - Sagan did not cheat.
Cheating is less about maturing, it's about personal integrity and that is harder to get fixed by growing up, at least when one already is well over 20.

With Moscon, I would be more inclined to forgive the racial thing. It could be in a heat of a moment and if it is not repeated, it's over for me (of course if there's a pattern, it's worse).
But cheating shows character deficiency. That's why I stopped being fan of Nibali.

And while I do not particularly like Froome, I don't think there's a comparison.
Froome took a ride to climb into the bus anyway.
Moscon took a ride to try to win.

TRENDING THREADS