• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Gianni Moscon Bandwagon Jumping Thread

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Thought about it some more and this is definitely not cheating. Maybe it's not 100% correct, but what's the point. He crashed and got a quick tow. But go ahead and cry me a river of useless tears about this, forgetting about all the more important things that are happening to cycling these days.

Re:

Pennino said:
Thought about it some more and this is definitely not cheating. Maybe it's not 100% correct, but what's the point. He crashed and got a quick tow. But go ahead and cry me a river of useless tears about this, forgetting about all the more important things that are happening to cycling these days.

How is it not cheating? He admittedly caused the crash that took him and Henao out. Luck would have it that his team car was there to motor him up the road all while Henao could only look on as he disappeared up the hill. That is what is called an unfair advantage. To then have him reappear in the lead group and then have the energy to respond to Alaphillipe's attack off of the front just compounds the situation. He and the team ds that was holding the bottle while the car accelerated and pulled him away admit it was wrong but how can they not? It was all captured on camera for all to see.

I think I understand where you are coming from in that it has been common occurrence likely since the sport began but that does not make it right. Now with technological advancements it's being captured much more frequently and played back showing that it really shouldn't be something that is just accepted as the norm. For one it's dangerous for the rider to be towed by a vehicle and secondly it's simply cheating. At its simplest the riders are supposed to propel themselves on bikes, not with the aid of a car.

I can't believe people are still debating this ***.
People who, obiouvsly, never raced a bike race in their entire life.
You gotta be kidding me if you really think that a 6 seconds tow makes you fly at the end of a 270 kms race. Literally.
You freaking puritans should just go and take that damn bike for a true bike race, then come here and speak a little.

That's the internet for you.

Fine, a 6-second tow by itself won't make any difference to your energy levels after 270 km. What about the energy you should have spent chasing to get back in contention?

Get off your high horse. Plenty of people who have raced agree this shouldn't be allowed, and anyway, that many pro riders favour cheating is not exactly a shocking revelation.

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Pippo_San said:
I can't believe people are still debating this ****.
You gotta be kidding me if you really think that a 6 seconds tow makes you fly at the end of a 270 kms race. Literally.
You freaking puritans should just go and take that damn bike for a true bike race, then come here and speak a little.

Well heck, maybe he should have just gotten in to the car and ridden to the finish line, amirite?

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Echoes said:
Pricey_sky said:
A fun, cheeky dude like Sagan?! The guy was a disrespectful idiot when he was younger, as some of his actions proved. However he has calmed down, grown up and settled with his wife.

Lol ask Vantomme if he's calmed down. In Montreal he's calmed down. Has he stopped wheelying by now?

Moscon will mature up much quicker than that guy, who never will actually.
You mean tree times world champion in row?Actually Moscon asked him where he could buy his lovely blue shirt.

Re:

Pippo_San said:

It obviously bothers you that this is still being discussed. Oh well.

Re:

Pippo_San said:

It was more than 6 seconds ...I counted 19 and who know how much longer before the video recorded as Moscon was near the top of the climb at that stage

We are not freaking puritans....just people looking for fair play..you know what sport is all about or at least should be ....I guess if you have no standards and are prepared to accept cheating ... You come on here with your Wiggo (cheating) head and lecture everyone and say that's the internet for you :lol: :lol: :lol: ...what a muppet

There really are some cowboys on here

The Moscon incident highlights what is wrong with cycling. A older former rider telling a younger impressionable rider that it is ok to cheat. The older pro says that they used to do it every time in the good old olden days and it is ok since everybody does it. The younger rider has no qualms in accepting it since the only thing that matters is winning and since everybody does it, it must be ok. It is precisely this self justification that has been going on since ages and led to serious clinic issues and will keep continuing unless there is stronger deterrent

If I didn't know what happened, some people reaction in here would make me think Moscon has killed someone.
They are calling him a cheater as if he has been rigging races, doping, and God knows what else.
It's a sticky bottle, for Christ sake! And he got what he deserved for that. DQ. That's it.
But it seems there is plenty of virgins in here...

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Idk how to feel about these incidents, cycling in the past has always turned a blind eye since the rider already just got screwed by the crash/mechanical and so even by "cheating" their way back to the group they're still at a disadvantage. Both the Nibali and Moscon incidents are hilariously blatant though to the point where there is no choice but to DQ the rider.

Having said that it makes you wonder how Moscon would've done without the crash. He'd have had even more of an impact on the race than he actually did. :lol:

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Re:

huge said:
If I didn't know what happened, some people reaction in here would make me think Moscon has killed someone.
They are calling him a cheater as if he has been rigging races, doping, and God knows what else.
It's a sticky bottle, for Christ sake! And he got what he deserved for that. DQ. That's it.

Tell me more of these virgins you speak of...

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re:

hrotha said:
Classy fans for classy riders.
What do you mean?
I always considered a sign of intelligence being able to separate the rider from the person...Whether somebody likes the way Moscon rode in Bergen, has nothing to do with his views about cheating or racism.
It is also obvious that what he did in the last lap has zero correlation with the sticky bottle.

Re:

Pippo_San said:

If it wasn't a big deal he should have never taken a tow in the first place.

Looks like still plenty of douchebags in here.
I have no respect for these puritans commenting here, that's true. If you'd ever ridden a bike race (you didn't), you'd know that after a high speed crash everything goes blur, and the only thing you think about after you check yourself is to instantly get back to the actual peloton.
People talking here about DECISIONS.
*** them decisions. Those are instants thrown at you at high speed, where your blood is pumping faster than you.
He's a *** 23 years old getting his first big chance in the Worlds. He got DSQ. He got the punishment he deserved.
Enough with it.

This kid's got an INCREDIBLE engine. He's a champion in the making. He can only get better.
The Italian CT Cassani should've resigned, you can't just take the blame and no punishment. Moreover, his was a real decision.
But this kid. Come on.
He'll become special.

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Re:

huge said:

He's a racist and a cheater. Those are two of the most repugnant qualities for any person.

To who would you compare G. Moscon?
I do follow professional cycling for about 15 years and I don't remember of anyone with similar abilities nor potential.
The only to come close would be G. Hincapie but still he never showed to be as good as a sprinter in low-gradient uphill endings nor as a overall climber.

Re:

jfazendeiro said:
To who would you compare G. Moscon?
I do follow professional cycling for about 15 years and I don't remember of anyone with similar abilities nor potential.
The only to come close would be G. Hincapie but still he never showed to be as good as a sprinter in low-gradient uphill endings nor as a overall climber.
VDB?

TRENDING THREADS