• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Gianni Moscon Bandwagon Jumping Thread

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

shalgo said:
It is not an affirmative decision that he is innocent of the charges, but instead a decision that they could not conclude he was guilty because of the conflicting and inconclusive evidence. Under these circumstances, it is correct that he should receive no punishment, but that also doesn’t mean that we all have to believe him.

The charge has not been proven - Hence why no suspension - Whether you believe Moscon or Reichenbach or Peter Pan is irrelevant.

Re: Re:

yaco said:
shalgo said:
It is not an affirmative decision that he is innocent of the charges, but instead a decision that they could not conclude he was guilty because of the conflicting and inconclusive evidence. Under these circumstances, it is correct that he should receive no punishment, but that also doesn’t mean that we all have to believe him.

The charge has not been proven - Hence why no suspension - Whether you believe Moscon or Reichenbach or Peter Pan is irrelevant.
The point that I, and others, have been making is that while it is correct that he is not suspended, this decision does not mean that we should all be "back on the bandwagon," as one poster suggested earlier.

shalgo said:
The point that I, and others, have been making is that while it is correct that he is not suspended, this decision does not mean that we should all be "back on the bandwagon," as one poster suggested earlier.
Notwithstanding that not being proven guilty of reckless endangerment doesn't mean he isn't guilty of his previous offences which were upheld, though I don't think the poster in question was suggesting we should all be back on the bandwagon, just that they themselves were. Each to their own, but it will take a lot more than this for me to forget his past indiscretions.

Moscon cleared. he´d need to sign for Bahrain and try to be forgiven. Moscon helping Nibs to win another Sanremo. duo-attack on the Poggio and Nibs flying away in the downhill. Moscon super domestique for Pozzovivo in Italy, Moscon and Mohoric attack in Lombardia, arrive together holding hands.
maybe he´d get some fans

Re:

SafeBet said:
Moscon has been cleared of the accusations concerning the Reichenback affair, says Gazzetta.

I'm a Team Sky fan, but having heard from various cycling insiders on what is widely accepted as to have happened here, I'm very disappointed with this result. Again Lappartient is clearly running a toothless UCI and he just mouths off instead of doing his job properly :mad:.

Oliwright said:
SafeBet said:
Moscon has been cleared of the accusations concerning the Reichenback affair, says Gazzetta.

I'm a Team Sky fan, but having heard from various cycling insiders on what is widely accepted as to have happened here, I'm very disappointed with this result. Again Lappartient is clearly running a toothless UCI and he just mouths off instead of doing his job properly :mad:.

Why not share what these insiders know about the incident? No need to quote names.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/moscon-cleared-of-deliberately-causing-reichenbach-crash/

“I saw the FDJ rider when he was already touching the ground against the pavement on the right-hand side of the road. He was the only one to fall in that spot,” Gaffurini told La Gazzetta. “And afterwards, nobody went to complain to Moscon, whereas if a rider causes another rider to fall on purpose, there’s sort of a rise against him, or at least people go and ask him to explain himself. I didn’t have the impression that anything strange had happened.”

oldcrank said:
Reichenbach's credibility taking a big hit...on this and all previous incidents.

You don't lie on a Monday and not on a Tuesday.
Please point to me where it is said that Reichenbach lied. Also, if you're implying that Reichenbach lied about Moscon's racist remarks towards Reza, you'll have to explain why all the involved parties (including Moscon) went with it.

Re:

MatParker117 said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/moscon-cleared-of-deliberately-causing-reichenbach-crash/

“I saw the FDJ rider when he was already touching the ground against the pavement on the right-hand side of the road. He was the only one to fall in that spot,” Gaffurini told La Gazzetta. “And afterwards, nobody went to complain to Moscon, whereas if a rider causes another rider to fall on purpose, there’s sort of a rise against him, or at least people go and ask him to explain himself. I didn’t have the impression that anything strange had happened.”
Maybe something is lost in translation, but that testimony seems quite inconclusive to me. He says that he saw Reichenbach when Reichenbach was already on the ground. In other words Gaffurini did not see him fall and therefore has no idea how he fell. He then says that Moscon couldn't have done it because nobody complained to him, which ignores the possibility that there were no witnesses.

Ah, the good old Scottish verdict of not proven. Basically, under Scots law where a judge/jury are not convinced of a defendants innocence but don't feel there is enough evidence beyond reasonable doubt to send him down. Also, sometimes referred to in Scotland as the b*stard verdict.

Re:

ferryman said:
Ah, the good old Scottish verdict of not proven. Basically, under Scots law where a judge/jury are not convinced of a defendants innocence but don't feel there is enough evidence beyond reasonable doubt to send him down. Also, sometimes referred to in Scotland as the b*stard verdict.
This is how justice works in every civilized country.

SafeBet said:
ferryman said:
This is how justice works in every civilized country.

Agreed. But not proven (which I think is unique to Scottish law) and not guilty are two very different things (apart from the obvious acquittal of course).

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
wouterkaas said:
Well fair enough then, I hope we can now finally leave the mud throwing behind us.
He is still a confirmed racist and cheater. Just an unconfirmed assaulter. I say he deserves all the mud thrown at him.

I totally agree. This guy is a total sc*mbag.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
What's up with him. Now DSQ for hitting a Fortuneo rider.

Seriously Moscon, have you not learned your lesson?

Why would he learn? His team waited days until the race ended to "suspend" him for the 5 weeks he was supposed to not race anyway, and the first thing he said to the media was that he did nothing wrong and apologized only because he was forced to

Sky keep enabling him, why would he stop?

GuyIncognito said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
What's up with him. Now DSQ for hitting a Fortuneo rider.

Seriously Moscon, have you not learned your lesson?

Why would he learn? His team waited days until the race ended to "suspend" him for the 5 weeks he was supposed to not race anyway, and the first thing he said to the media was that he did nothing wrong and apologized only because he was forced to

Sky keep enabling him, why would he stop?
If he wants to hit people he should at least hit some of Sky's bigger opponents, not some random rider.

TRENDING THREADS