• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

the giant has returned!!

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
yeah but they rode in an u23 team. are you saying the rabo ct guys are pro's because they ride in pro races like volta algarve?

They never rode in the U23 category races. Why do you think Cancellara never became world champion there(hint: he rode the real thing instead)?

Mapei boss dragged them out personally because he was of the opinion that doping there was worse than in the pro ranks. Cancellara rode races like Tour of Rhodos, tour de Luxembourg, Setmana Catalana, Circuit Franco-Belge, GP Breukink, GP Eddy Merckx, Tro Bro Leon, Duo Normand and Algarve in his Mapei day.

El Pistolero said:
Go ahead and use it but calling him bigger than 2 proven talents is too much for me. I'm going to take the bait then. It rarely works out with big boys in the U23 rank by the way. People like Cancellara, Eisel and Pozzato for example just skipped the u23 category.

All I've read anyone saying is that he had more potential coming up than those mentioned, not that he is or was going to be better. As you know potential doesn't always lead to one living up to it.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Angliru said:
All I've read anyone saying is that he had more potential coming up than those mentioned, not that he is or was going to be better. As you know potential doesn't always lead to one living up to it.

Strange, I read that he had more talent than Thomas Dekker and Robert Gesink combined. That's a lot of talent for one person.

boomcie said:
Strange, I read that he had more talent than Thomas Dekker and Robert Gesink combined. That's a lot of talent for one person.

Okay, with the obvious exception of Ryo, who tends to exaggerate for dramatic effect (I would hope he's not serious!). The rest of the posts were more based in reality.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised to see him ride in vacansoleil, considering that they have signed low-ish cost high return riders (ricco and mosquera, low cost for obvious reasons and if they rode they could have earned a stack of points). Though, my claims are made on no actual rumours. What is the provisional size of the vacansoleil squad for next year?

Moondance said:
: pats self on back:

I was going to pat you on the back, but you've done it yourself allready ;)

I really really hope Reus can reach the absolute top again, but I don't think it will happen. After all that has happened to him it's going to be very hard for him. His body might not be the same anymore. Let's hope I'm wrong.

TRENDING THREADS