• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Giro D'Washington

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Ripper said:
LMAO! So true. Say, has anyone seen Souza lately?

I haven't seen him for 20 years. That guy was in the wrong sport. He should have just stuck with bike racing, but he was making over $100k wearing a Speedo. I did hear he did the RAAM a few years back.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Fingers crossed I follow my other half to the US this Summer. One of the biggest things I was trying to come to terms with was that it made it highly unlikely that I would ever get to go to the Giro. Crestfallen I was.

Now, the Bluebeards are going to Washington in 2012!

If she lets me...

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
So if I'm still in these forums two years from now, can I join this ride/party? I promise not to wear a Livestrong shirt or mention Lance unless I refer to him as the "myth" or "the uniballer."

:D

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
ImmaculateKadence said:
So if I'm still in these forums two years from now, can I join this ride/party? I promise not to wear a Livestrong shirt or mention Lance unless I refer to him as the "myth" or "the uniballer."

:D

Or course, a good party needs variety.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Race Radio said:
We can watch it as a group, Belgium style.....On the TV in a bar.

Either way I will wear my Pink Speedo in honor of the Maglia Rosa

I refuse to watch the Giro drinking Belgium beer.
We need antipasto,wine,a nice roasted capon,assorted cheeses,wine, pasta,minestrone,wine,pizza,spumoni, prosciutto,wine and podium girls. IMHO

being a former triathlete the Speedo doesn't bother me one way or other:p

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Or course, a good party needs variety.

krebs303 said:
I refuse to watch the Giro drinking Belgium beer.
We need antipasto,wine,a nice roasted capon,assorted cheeses,wine, pasta,minestrone,wine,pizza,spumoni, prosciutto,wine and podium girls. IMHO

being a former triathlete the Speedo doesn't bother me one way or other:p

Sweet. I'm there. I can't promise I won't wear the wristband though :p

Krebs, all that sounds great, but I'll bring the Peroni. Maybe a bottle of Vino Nobile. :D

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
The party plans sound great, but I can't help but notice the big announcement promised for today hasn't happened yet? Maybe it will be out of Washington, but all La Gazzetta had to say was that Zomegnan and crew are headed to Washington to meet with sponsors, etc. Anyone feel like crashing an Embassy party for some scoop?:cool:

Ambassador - In the U.S. two days, in addition to meetings with investors and the heads of administration in Washington will continue their contacts with organizations of tourism promotion launched last December. The trip will conclude with a reception in favor of the Tour of Italy, organized by Ambassador Giulio Terzi di Sant'Agata at the Italian embassy in Washington and in the presence of the Mayor, Adrian Fenty.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/24-02-2010/giro-2012-fa-gia-notizia-603110234038.shtml

A

Anonymous

I think it would be REALLY funny if in two years, RCS doesn't invite Radio Shack (if they are still a team) to the Giro because of their moronic decision not to ride this year.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
We can watch it as a group, Belgium style.....On the TV in a bar.

Either way I will wear my Pink Speedo in honor of the Maglia Rosa

Ok I want to see that (and the French find it more hygienic anyway). Count me in.

I'll bake some focaccia, but you guys have to bring the prosciutto.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I have a question about sponsorship for the race.

If it does indeed start in Washington, would the same sponsors (esathé, etc) still sponsor the stages in the States? God knows while living over there I drank that stuff like it was going out of style, but as far know most of the Giro sponsors don't market to the States. The reason I ask is because if Washington isn't decked out in the hues of the maglia rosa with the same Italian sponsors, it won't be the Giro. You know what I mean?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
So, Ernesto Colnago was in town Thursday for the event at the Embassy, and spent a few hours at the Bicycle Pro Shop in Georgetown. I was out of town, but I got my World Champion edition C-50 signed in gold sharpie on the top tube. Pretty sweet.

TRENDING THREADS