• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Grand Depart Yorkshire TV Coverage

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi

First post here and begging already !

Has anyone please got the full TV coverage for the first 2 days of the TdF in Yorkshire ? I have them recorded for posterity - in full - on a Humax Box. However the Box keeps failing and has had to be replaced and so even though I have not watched them recently the Recordings will not be accessible to me from now

I would love to be able to watch them again at some stage and have tried to find how to copy them from the Box to PC and then to DVD but that looks onerous to me , so hence my question

So if anyone has the full coverage and would be kind enough to copy them to DVD I would gladly pay for the DVD and the postage involved. Primarily I would like Stages 1 and 2 because of the Yorkshire connection but would not complain if I got Stage 3 too

Many thanks SandallParky

SandallParky said:
Hi

First post here and begging already !

Has anyone please got the full TV coverage for the first 2 days of the TdF in Yorkshire ? I have them recorded for posterity - in full - on a Humax Box. However the Box keeps failing and has had to be replaced and so even though I have not watched them recently the Recordings will not be accessible to me from now

I would love to be able to watch them again at some stage and have tried to find how to copy them from the Box to PC and then to DVD but that looks onerous to me , so hence my question

So if anyone has the full coverage and would be kind enough to copy them to DVD I would gladly pay for the DVD and the postage involved. Primarily I would like Stages 1 and 2 because of the Yorkshire connection but would not complain if I got Stage 3 too

Many thanks SandallParky
Welcome to the forum!

I don't have a copy of the coverage you're looking for but someone else might, good luck! :)

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I've been trying to source a DVD myself but can't even find a "highlights" disc anywhere.Strange really as there's a book(Two days in Yorkshire)but no DVD.
I'm sure someone somewhere must have it!