• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 209 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Man Total must be really happy with that. Laurence is the real deal. Battle for those WCs and WT spots in 26 will be fierce the next few year cause Israel is also still stronger than people think cause I think Cav will sadly end up there (and they got Teuns obviously).

That also leaves Bol, Schultz, Sinkeldam, Williams, Bonnamour and Mozzato without a team. Mozzato and Schultz are very interesting ones imo.

Also means that there's an extra WC for the TDF. UNO-X at the Tour becomes more and more realistic. Israel will get it almost 100%. They've lucked out.

Pineau is an actual moron tho. Could've just stayed with their sponsors but decided to ditch them for bigger ones who then didn't go through with it. Now he has nothing.

• Sad
Reactions: Sandisfan
So Bahrain won't have Buratti turn pro (who rides on their developmental Team Friuli), despite him getting 9 wins this season and winning both the GP Capodarco and the GP Poggiana in the span of 3 days against a strong, international field. He also finished 7th at the u23 EC RR, 3rd in the Zoncolan from Sutrio MTF (minus the final 3kms) stage in the Giro del Friuli, won the following stage with a late attack and finished 2nd on the gc. He's 21, it's his 3rd season in the u23 ranks and besides Miholjevic he's clearly the best rider on their developmental team. They have free spots on their roster, but don't want one of the 2 best riders on their developmental team to turn pro, despite his good results.

He had some offers from PCT teams (at some point Bora were also interested in him, alongside Fabbro and Aleotti he would have been the 3rd former Team Friuli guy on their roster), but decided to wait another year before going to Bahrain.

Which sponsors did he ditch? I thought B&B and the biggest ones would stay, they would just bring in another big sponsor to become XXX-B&B ?

I think Bretagne stopped supporting the team when Paris came on board. Which is amateur as hell given that Paris wasn't planning to pay for anything.

They put on a show in Le Tour's last day with big plans, women's team, reinforced budget, City of Paris supporting the team (which wasn't going to pay for anything), million dollar sponsors close to being done, Cavendish coming with a leadout train and 4 months later they still need to be chasing money to at least maintain the team as it was this season.

That also leaves Bol, Schultz, Sinkeldam, Williams, Bonnamour and Mozzato without a team. Mozzato and Schultz are very interesting ones imo.
Arkea should really try to get Schultz.

Israel has 27 riders, the should have space for Cav and maybe some more?

Total can probably pick up a few of them also. Mozzato for example would indeed be very interesting.

I think Bretagne stopped supporting the team when Paris came on board. Which is amateur as hell given that Paris wasn't planning to pay for anything.

They put on a show in Le Tour's last day with big plans, women's team, reinforced budget, City of Paris supporting the team (which wasn't going to pay for anything), million dollar sponsors close to being done, Cavendish coming with a leadout train and 4 months later they still need to be chasing money to at least maintain the team as it was this season.
What happened to Savio is even worse, during the final 3 months of the season Drone Hopper just stopped paying the team at some point because of their financial struggles, so his old long term sponsor SIidermec had to help out with some extra money, otherwise there would have been the risk of riders not getting payed. That's the reason why the team will only be a CT team next year.
Source: https://bici.pro/news/professionisti/drone-hopper-non-paga-strada-savio-salita/

I feel bad for Savio, the team, the riders and the staff members. Yes, Savio was always sleazy, but he did his job well. Look at how good he was at developing young riders compared to the mess that was Saronni's Lampre team and yet the later managed to somehow get a deal with UAE.
Being a WT team probably helped a lot, but it also shows that being a snakeoil salesman and being able to talk the talk goes a long way (mr. JV would be another example, but his team was always more competent than Saronni's). Things only got better once Matxin and Giannetti took over and got rid of all the old Lampre staff members. They still allow Saronni to pretend that he has anything to do with the team's success to get some extra media exposure (mainly in Italy), but that's out it...

I don't think I've seen anything official about Sinkeldam going to B&B... Demare to convince Madiot that Sinkeldam should totally get an extension after all. Seems like they have room for a few more riders, and they're definitely filling the "At least two neo-pros" quota!

I don't think I've seen anything official about Sinkeldam going to B&B... Demare to convince Madiot that Sinkeldam should totally get an extension after all. Seems like they have room for a few more riders, and they're definitely filling the "At least two neo-pros" quota!
Maybe he's actually the rider referred to here.

"VeloNews learned that a rider who had agreed on terms with the French team for 2023 had already sounded out his current team to see if there was still a spot for him should Pineau’s plans fail."

on Instagram, Pierre Rolland and other B&B riders were riding their 2023 BMC bikes. so maybe hope is not lost yet

if B&B folds and drops to continental. then Euskaltel has its biggest chance to get a Tour wild card. Israel will probably get a spot, they won 2 big stages and podiumed Huez with Froome.
Euskaltel didn't manage a single stage top-10 in the Vuelta, would be comfortably the worst team to get invited to the Tour this century. Don't think ASO are stupid enough to go for it.

performance is not the only important thing. Euskaltel getting a wild card for the Basque Contry TDF start would get so much love for ASO across the cycling fans.
it would be "good for cycling". I am joking I always hated the "good for cycling" phrase.

the ying and yang invitations for Israel and Euskaltel would be amazing, even just for the twitter comments. a big joyful-hateful day when the announcement will be made

Reactions: postmanhat
performance is not the only important thing. Euskaltel getting a wild card for the Basque Contry TDF start would get so much love for ASO across the cycling fans.
it would be "good for cycling". I am joking I always hated the "good for cycling" phrase.

the ying and yang invitations for Israel and Euskaltel would be amazing, even just for the twitter comments. a big joyful-hateful day when the announcement will be made
When ASO didnt give Uno-X a wild card for the Danish start I dont think Euskaltel stands a chance even with a Basque start. Uno-X 2022 is a much better team than Euskaltel 2023 unless they suddenly signs a bunch of good riders out of nowhere.

If B&B collapse, I think Uno-X should be the obvious choice for the last WC. Even if I’m slightly biased I think that is obvious.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Roku
When ASO didnt give Uno-X a wild card for the Danish start I dont think Euskaltel stands a chance even with a Basque start. Uno-X 2022 is a much better team than Euskaltel 2023 unless they suddenly signs a bunch of good riders out of nowhere.

If B&B collapse, I think Uno-X should be the obvious choice for the last WC. Even if I’m slightly biased I think that is obvious.

Also, Uno X is Norwegian, not Danish, while Euskaltel is Basque.

That said, I wouldn't expect them to be invited either, but the two situations are not the same.

Apparently Natnael Berhane and Nicolas German Tivani will go to Corratec, 2 solid signings for a pct team.
I was always surprised that Tivani didn't sign for a Pct team after a good career in the u23 ranks and even riding for UAE as a stagiaire.

Going by this interview with Frassi, they will also sign (although not named) Nicolas Dalla Valle

There isn't any other Giotti rider who fits the description, at least.

Going by this interview with Frassi, they will also sign (although not named) Nicolas Dalla Valle

There isn't any other Giotti rider who fits the description, at least.
Those guys and Valerio Conti make for a solid PCT team. Not a top level one, but a solid one. I kinda understand the reasoning for not wanting to sign too many climbers when you probably won't ride lots of stage races with mountains, not to mention that good climbers are expensive. Maybe Scinto will bring back Liam Bertazzo, a good track guy and solid leadout man. Not a world beater, but he's part of the Italian Track pursuit team and a leadout man with a big engine, not a bad rider to have. Between him, Gradek and Stacchiotti the team actually tried to built a solid train for Jakub back in 2021, but Jakub's gonna Jakub and loose their wheels (while getting dropped on every single overpass).

Frankly their roster probably already blows Bardiani with all their missmanaged youngsters out of the water.

Reactions: search
I assumed, but it looks like he isn't, apparently Parsani is now running the team. That's a plus for me.
Yesterday I saw that they announced the 4th DS as a "big surprise".

...and it actually is not going to be the return of Scinto either, but five-time Giro Donne winner Fabiana Luperini. The first female DS on an Italian male team.

Yesterday I saw that they announced the 4th DS as a "big surprise".

...and it actually is not going to be the return of Scinto either, but five-time Giro Donne winner Fabiana Luperini. The first female DS on an Italian male team.

Yeah, I've posted it in General News.

According to La Gazzetta Ponomar is going to Arkea.

De Bod left Astana and went to EF. A good TTer and not a heavy guy, he can climb a bit (3rd in the 2019 Österreichrundfahrt as a first year neopro, where he was 5th on both the Horn and the Großglockner, outclimbing O'Connor on the former and Vlasov on the later). The kind of guy that I'd send to ride for gc in smaller stage races with an ITT and he was a decent one day racer in the u23 ranks (also 15th in Donostia this year). Not a bad deal for him and the new team.

Apparently Attilio Viviani and Konychev are also going to Corratec.

Reactions: Roku and search