• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 229 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That doesnt make sense.

To be aware of his skills would be accepting a role as a domestique. Money is not a question about being aware of his skills. If he can be domestique for 1,5m or domestique for 1m is not about being aware of his skills or not.
I would imagine domestiques just don't get paid this much. And he's asking this much because he doesn't believe he should be a domestique

Reactions: Sandisfan
Apparently Ineos, UAE, Israel or Bahrain are the most likely destination according to Norwegian Eurosport.

yesterday I saw an interview where Foss said the Olympic TT next year is a big target and that good TT equipment is important factor for team change. That basically means Bahrain, Israel and UAE should not be good options?
Nothing wrong with his current bike, wanting a salary and getting it are two very different things.

An interesting signing and one that Jayco needs to nail because the neo-pros they've signed in the last two years have been underwhelming - He's a similar rider to Jayco's neo-pro Engelhardt who is showing promise and seems to be at a similar level. I am interested in whether Jayco go for De pretto who also rode as a stagiare in 2022 and is clocking decent results

According to Marca, Movistar loses Jorgenson and Verona. Jorgenson has been linked to Jumbo and Verona is rumoured to Ineos.
On the hiring side, an important agent contacted Movistar management and offered three names. One of them was a surprise they won't name in order not to derail the operation.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Losing Jorgenson to bet this much on Carlos Rodriguez seems like a bad bet to me.

Then they've done a poor job at "not naming names"

In another news, Landa's contract with Bahrain ends this year. Three teams have shown interest in him: Ineos, Trek and Astana. If he moves, there's the rumour that Quintana might fill the gap at Bahrain.
Landa isn't renewing? He honestly seems a good fit for Bahrain to me.

Reactions: Sandisfan and yaco
They will probably manage to lure Carlos Rodriguez in to the fold.
Rodriguez to Movistar after this season is one of the transfers I have been hoping for since last fall, when I checked who was out of contract after 2023. Along with Hirschi getting away from UAE. Unfortunately he has extended with one year.
ccording to Marca, Movistar loses Jorgenson and Verona. Jorgenson has been linked to Jumbo
I hope that Trek is after Jorgenson. Much rather him than Landa.......

Losing Jorgenson to bet this much on Carlos Rodriguez seems like a bad bet to me.

Landa isn't renewing? He honestly seems a good fit for Bahrain to me.
I heard there was interest in Landa from several teams after his results last year (3rd at all Italian WT races not for sprinters).
I'm not aware of him not renewing, just getting offers from interested teams. And this is the first time I hear of team names.

The Jorgenson case looks to me somewhat like Carapaz. Movistar should have extended him last year. I'm sure they'll do their best to lose Lazkano next time his contract is up for renewal.

I would imagine domestiques just don't get paid this much. And he's asking this much because he doesn't believe he should be a domestique
Domestiques have definitely been paid in that order of magnitude. Diego Rosa was on 1.5 M at Sky IIRC. Kwiatkowski was also on that kind of money, but he also covered leadership in some classics and lesser stage races.

I would also bet good money Sepp Kuss is on at least 1 M.

I heard there was interest in Landa from several teams after his results last year (3rd at all Italian WT races not for sprinters).
I'm not aware of him not renewing, just getting offers from interested teams. And this is the first time I hear of team names.

The Jorgenson case looks to me somewhat like Carapaz. Movistar should have extended him last year. I'm sure they'll do their best to lose Lazkano next time his contract is up for renewal.

Carapaz was signed before the Giro he won right? At the time Movistar were still messing around with Quintana, Valverde and Landa, and I wouldn't be too surprised Movistar weren't anticipating 2 of those 3 leaving and giving Carapaz a leaders contract. Besides, at that moment I think Ineos would've probably offered like 1M to simply have Carapaz as a superdomestique which Movistar wouldn't have been able to match easily before that Giro win.

Carapaz was signed before the Giro he won right? At the time Movistar were still messing around with Quintana, Valverde and Landa, and I wouldn't be too surprised Movistar weren't anticipating 2 of those 3 leaving and giving Carapaz a leaders contract. Besides, at that moment I think Ineos would've probably offered like 1M to simply have Carapaz as a superdomestique which Movistar wouldn't have been able to match easily before that Giro win.
Before the end of 2018 they knew both Quintana and Landa were unhappy and Carapaz was on 180K after finishing 4th and winning a stage in the Giro that year. At that time they might have tried a rise and extension for Carapaz without going to leader contract levels. Instead they told Carapaz and Landa they would start renewal talks after the 2019 Giro and Quintana after the Tour. To me that looks like playing Russian roulette.

Domestiques have definitely been paid in that order of magnitude. Diego Rosa was on 1.5 M at Sky IIRC. Kwiatkowski was also on that kind of money, but he also covered leadership in some classics and lesser stage races.

I would also bet good money Sepp Kuss is on at least 1 M.
Wout Poels was also on a seven figure contract at Ineos. Diego Rosa was brutal, overall 3.5M for those 3 years and neither a great superdoms, nor many wins (besides Coppi e Bartali).