• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 161 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
294517444_578566373655673_7399595897308267064_n.jpg

Teuns and Matthews make 0 sense. Cavendish only if he wants to cash in for his last year.

Cavendish wants to race the Tour. He wont get many guarantees anywhere else. A lot of the sprint teams have their top sprinter and other teams have their GC leader.

He if wants one last go to break the record he will probably have to sign for one of the French teams. B&B probably makes the most sense out of those teams atm. Especially if they got some money coming in to invest.

Reactions: Lui98
Cavendish wants to race the Tour. He wont get many guarantees anywhere else. A lot of the sprint teams have their top sprinter and other teams have their GC leader.

He if wants one last go to break the record he will probably have to sign for one of the French teams. B&B probably makes the most sense out of those teams atm. Especially if they got some money coming in to invest.

I seriously doubt Cav has a chance of breaking the record in any french team, let alone B&B.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I really don’t see Matthews leaving BEX unless he’s after a big payday, he’s getting plenty of support at his current team.

The team at the end of 2021 asked Matthew to change his riding style to achieve more success which seems to be working - At the end of 2021, Matthews was no guarantee to receive a contract offer from BEX, although I am certain this has changed. At the time that Matthews left DSM, he directly contacted Gerry Ryan who gave his approval - It should also be noted that Matthews dropped salary when he returned to BEX, so there will be discussions over wages. His partner also has a say on Matthews decision - I imagine he will stay - The more interesting case is S.Yates - Previously the team has announced contract renewal on the rest day of the TDF.

The team at the end of 2021 asked Matthew to change his riding style to achieve more success which seems to be working - At the end of 2021, Matthews was no guarantee to receive a contract offer from BEX, although I am certain this has changed. At the time that Matthews left DSM, he directly contacted Gerry Ryan who gave his approval - It should also be noted that Matthews dropped salary when he returned to BEX, so there will be discussions over wages. His partner also has a say on Matthews decision - I imagine he will stay - The more interesting case is S.Yates - Previously the team has announced contract renewal on the rest day of the TDF.
That's your error - expecting consistency in anything regarding S Yates.

https://sporza.be/nl/2022/07/16/1-a...ertransfers-hangen-in-de-lucht~1657961677705/

Article in Dutch, I'll summarise below what it all said.

Quick Step:
In: Merlier (certain), rumoured to be in: Either Sinkeldam or Malucelli, Jan Hirt.
Out: Devenyns (uncertain/retirement), Stybar (Focus on off-road/uncertain), Iljo Keisse (becomes a DS) and Mark Cavendish

Lotto Soudal:
In: Livyns and Paasschens (both Bingoal) and Lennert van Eetveldt (youth-squad)
Out: Gilbert (retirement), Wellens (UAE), Cras (TotalEnergies)

Alpecin-Deceuninck:
In: Kaden Groves, SKA and Quinten Hermans

Intermarché:
In: Calmejane, Laurenz Rex and Rune Herregodts
Out: Hermans (Alpecin), Pasqualon (Bahrein),Hirt and Kristoff

Jumbo Visma
In: Tratnik, Van Baarle and Wilco Kelderman

Ineos:
In: Arensman
Out: Yates (rumoured), Carapaz (EF) and Dunbar (BEX)

Furthermore Novak apparently signed for UAE. Tesfasion goes to Trek, B&b Carrefour really intrested in Matthews
And UAE and Bora have shown intrest in Kung even tho he's still under contract.

Küng to Bora would be perfect for him and the squad. He says he wants to be a leader and get support, then don't go to UAE.

Kelderman to Jumbo also makes a lot of sense as kind of a Gesink replacement longterm.

Novak to UAE was also clear since the Tour of Slovenia. That's the kind of domestique that is missing right now for Pogi at the Tour.

Alpecin looks like a aboslute beast for the one day races. To add SKA, Hermans and Groves to Philipsen, MvdP, Vermeesch, de Bondt and co would be really strong.

I think Kelderman is Dumoulin's Dutch replacement.

Maybe from a marketing point of view? I thin it's difficult to assess Dumo's role at Jumbo as he wasn't his former self for long there. I thin at best Kelderman could be the 2020 Dumo in support of Roglic. I think his role for Hindley was very similar. In the Long term he could fill the Gesink role with long pulls in the mountain stages very well.