• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 352 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apparently UAE, Lidl-Trek, Movistar and Visma are not interested in signing Vollering. That leaves only a few teams left:

FDJ-Suez, Canyon, DSM?

With UAE not interested, then maybe the offer of 1 million was not true.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I didn't think Delcourt had that kind of money at his disposal, but perhaps less than a million a year will do at the moment, if that UAE rumour was all a ruse.

If a deal is struck, it probably means that one or more of CUL, Cavalli and Brown will be leaving FDJ, but that was possibly going to happen anyway. Brown back to Jayco and Cavalli (sort of) back to UAE could make sense.

I was kind of thinking Canyon SRAM would be a more realistic move for Vollering, especially if Niewiadoma is on the way out, but that might not be the case at all though.

I didn't think Delcourt had that kind of money at his disposal, but perhaps less than a million a year will do at the moment, if that UAE rumour was all a ruse.

If a deal is struck, it probably means that one or more of CUL, Cavalli and Brown will be leaving FDJ, but that was possibly going to happen anyway. Brown back to Jayco and Cavalli (sort of) back to UAE could make sense.

I was kind of thinking Canyon SRAM would be a more realistic move for Vollering, especially if Niewiadoma is on the way out, but that might not be the case at all though.
You can't tempt me with these prospects of Demi-Kasia-Cille superteams and then take them away like that, damnit!
it will be very interesting to see Vollering with FDJ-Suez. I might start to follow her with interest. FDJ has a "holier than thou" aura made up by some FDJ super Frenchies hooligans. let's see what they say when a #dutchpower athlete signs for their team
Given the way Samu characterised my views on the SD Worx power sharing agreement, they might suggest I might see a "holier than thou" team as wholly appropriate for Saint Adriana of the Tears of Pijnacker.

• Wow
You can't tempt me with these prospects of Demi-Kasia-Cille superteams and then take them away like that, damnit!

Given the way Samu characterised my views on the SD Worx power sharing agreement, they might suggest I might see a "holier than thou" team as wholly appropriate for Saint Adriana of the Tears of Pijnacker.

To be fair, I wouldn't mind a Demi-Kasia-Cille-Liane super team either, but I'm not sure it would work in real life.

To be fair, I wouldn't mind a Demi-Kasia-Cille-Liane super team either, but I'm not sure it would work in real life.
I would totally assemble this team if I had the money and resource. And then hire Jacky Durand, Stefano Pirazzi and the ghost of Frank Vandenbroucke as strategy coaches.

And then just for the lulz I would hire Lilibeth Chacón as a mountain domestique.

Unfortunately there is a whole other side of the sport that I would be hopelessly ill-suited to and probably about zero remaining budget if the CQ game is anything to go by.

There is a strong chance that Brown will retire as she is suffering from long absences from her partner.

• Wow