• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 353 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
PFP will likely be on the market, unless Ineos pull a rabbit out of the hat........
Do you think she still can compete on the hightest lvl on the road? And the second question is, will she compete more on the road or will she still riding the MTB world cup? Because for a road team it wouldn't make much sense to get her only for the spring classics and then she would ride the MTB world cup.

With Anna Shackley's retirement (still unreal to write this) and Vollering leaving, SD Worx will propably look for another option.
Maybe Labous, Uttrup, Cavalli, Niedermaier, or Niewiadoma?
Niedermeier will do the Winter olympics 2026 in Ski mo. So i‘ll think she will Not be able to Compete the whole year on a Top Level. And sd Worx needs a Rider that can perform from day one on

Reactions: Sandisfan
Fisher-Black and possibly Vas can cover off the part of Vollering's calendar that Kopecky hasn't already expanded her skillset into, and Reusser can certainly cover a decent amount of GCs, so there isn't the urgency to replace Demi that it might be for a rider of her status to leave other teams, but obviously Shackley would be a big loss in that area as a top young climbing talent. Bredewold could factor into the results replacement as well, but she will be fighting for space in the same kind of races that Kopecky and now also Wiebes would be targeting.

Fisher-Black and possibly Vas can cover off the part of Vollering's calendar that Kopecky hasn't already expanded her skillset into, and Reusser can certainly cover a decent amount of GCs, so there isn't the urgency to replace Demi that it might be for a rider of her status to leave other teams, but obviously Shackley would be a big loss in that area as a top young climbing talent. Bredewold could factor into the results replacement as well, but she will be fighting for space in the same kind of races that Kopecky and now also Wiebes would be targeting.

It's not guaranteed that Reusser and Vas will stay either, but Bredewold probably will. Then they will possibly pick up the best VolkerWessels riders, like they've done in recent years.

Congratulations, you are now a WT rider!

How about a Monument Sunday?

Considering he stopped suddenly in the middle of the CX season with stories of a heart condition and uncertainty as to whether he would ever resume (IIRC), that's very good to hear.

He was listed on Intermarche roster since April 4th if i recall correctly. It's a bit weird it took so long to officially announce it.

Anyways, Wanty is suffering a lot from injured riders and budget constrains. Kuypers looked good last season so hopefully he can start contribuiting inmediately points-wise.

Considering he stopped suddenly in the middle of the CX season with stories of a heart condition and uncertainty as to whether he would ever resume (IIRC), that's very good to hear.
Don't know which articels you read, but he doesn't or didn't have a heart condition. He had a mycoplasma-infection which is basically a long flu. Those symptoms were exhaustion/no energy, so they tought it could've been overtraining before his gf got diagnosed and they tested him aswell.

Don't know which articels you read, but he doesn't or didn't have a heart condition. He had a mycoplasma-infection which is basically a long flu. Those symptoms were exhaustion/no energy, so they tought it could've been overtraining before his gf got diagnosed and they tested him aswell.
Thanks: very glad to hear it. I was just going by what I thought I remembered of the commentators' statements at the time (hence the IIRC), which somehow in my memory had been logged as more worrisome. Still a blow to my team in the CX non-CQ CQ game though.

Reactions: postmanhat