• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 108 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Okay, so we can expect the announcement of a Dane to join a WT team to come in pretty soon. It will be "breaking news" in the pre-race Vuelta studio at Danish TV2 tomorrow.
Probably one of the current Uno-X guys mentioned either here, or in the Uno-X thread.

Considering that Worre is involved with ES it might not be Johansen, but who knows? Rodenberg has been the talk of the town recently, so it would also make sense if TV2 were interested in breaking his deal.

What does Worre being involved with ES have to do with Johansen - a Uno-X rider - possibly joining a WT team?

Worre is his agent. Of course it might not mean anything in this case.

If they didn't specify the gender, it could also be a woman. I'm still waiting for Leth to sign a new contract, and she will have three different routes to become a WWT rider next season.

Reactions: RedheadDane
According to portuguese Eurosport, two portuguese riders are going to Caja-Rural next year. One of them is Iuri Leitão, the other one was not specified.
A non-climber is probably a safer pick when it comes to guys from the portugese CT scene. Maybe Luis Gomes could also be worth a try, in the Volta he always looses minutes on the proper mountain stages, but is up there with the best on the punchy uphill finishes and on the medium mountain stages.

If I'm not mistaken Telefónica (Movistar) is divesting its assets in LatAm, reducing its exposure there while amplyfing its presence in UK and Germany. I think Brazil will be the only relevant country for Movistar in LatAm in a couple of years.

unfortunately Movistar doesn't operate in Brazil.. at least never did with that name.. When it did use to be "Telefonica"..
so 1 less chance for 1 of us in the WT..

Correct me if I'm wrong. The minimum required amount of riders on a WorldTeam is 25, right? I got curious, and decided to check which teams could be operational, even if they didn't sign any more riders.

Ag2R - 27 (assuming they only have one Geoffrey Bouchard on contract for next year.)
Bora - 28
FDJ - 26
DSM - 27 (yes... yes... I know. Van Wilder reportedly wants to leave)
Trek - 25 (juuuuust there)

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Correct me if I'm wrong. The minimum required amount of riders on a WorldTeam is 25, right? I got curious, and decided to check which teams could be operational, even if they didn't sign any more riders.

Ag2R - 27 (assuming they only have one Geoffrey Bouchard on contract for next year.)
Bora - 28
FDJ - 26

Considering the success the one Geoffrey Bouchard has had, just imagine what two of them can achieve!

I don't think the minimum requirement has been changed during the pandemic, but the limit will go down to 31 next year for teams with at least two neo-pros (BORA only have one neo-pro as far as I can see. The same goes for FdJ, but they might promote one of their CT guys. Van den Bergh seems very likely to take the step up, but a different WT team might swoop in).

Bora - 28
FDJ - 26

Would be more interesting to see which teams need the most signings or contract extensions to get to the required 25 riders.