• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 118 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Riders just aren’t as tough as they used to be: in the olden days riders used to ride all the Classics, multiple one-week races, all 3 GTs ( even though two overlap), AND rode from the finish of each race to the start of the next race, harvesting crops along the way, milling their own flour to make the pasta and bread that sustained them!
Yeah. I remember in the olden days when a rider broke his bicycle in a crash, he usually went to a mine himself to mine metals for his new bike frame. And he had to hurry because if he hadn't managed to do it within the time limit of the stage, he would be thrown out of the race!

According to cycling fever, Movistar have not renewed the contracts of Alba, Cataldo, Villella and Cullaigh. Wouldn't be too surprising to see the latter move to Ineos as a, sort of, replacement for Doull. He rode with Pidcock before at Trinity

Villella giving an absolute masterclass in out-of-contract riding at the moment. Four top tens in five days in the Italian one-dayers.

Let the guessing start!

E_tkvelXIAAPoml

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
They probably just want B&B to buy him out of his contract with them. It could be a new Van Aert like saga though.

I don't know. Money would be good but results for the team would also be nice. Koretzky assumed himself as one of the top XCO riders this year and a replacement wouldn't be easy to bring onboard. Even more if they lose their second biggest name at the same time as Milan Vader will go to Jumbo, presumably.

So from being one of the biggest XCO teams and challengers for the overall XCO World Cup both in individual and team competitions, they would be left with Thomas Litscher (who is a good rider but not more than top-10 material) and Malene Degn (who also isn't the most consistent) and not much more. In sporting terms they would be left almost without nothing, at least when compared with what they had this season.

With a team sponsored by a component manufacturer (KMC) and a bike company (Orbea), I don't know if they prefer money over exposure which then sells them more products.

Apart from what many people tend to say: Yes, Juraj has only been a pro because of his brother, and no, he doesn't have WorldTour-level. Yes, he had one decent result in GW but over eleven years, that can't impress too much. One GT entered, OTL after a week.

And Baska never showed much either after a strong start.

I don't know. Money would be good but results for the team would also be nice. Koretzky assumed himself as one of the top XCO riders this year and a replacement wouldn't be easy to bring onboard. Even more if they lose their second biggest name at the same time as Milan Vader will go to Jumbo, presumably.

So from being one of the biggest XCO teams and challengers for the overall XCO World Cup both in individual and team competitions, they would be left with Thomas Litscher (who is a good rider but not more than top-10 material) and Malene Degn (who also isn't the most consistent) and not much more. In sporting terms they would be left almost without nothing, at least when compared with what they had this season.

With a team sponsored by a component manufacturer (KMC) and a bike company (Orbea), I don't know if they prefer money over exposure which then sells them more products.

Well I just assume the relationship between him and the team might not be the best (especially not now), unless it's more a case of his agent making questionable decisions for him, and then it would probably be better for everyone if they could come to an agreement and move on.

Rumours has said that Sandra Lévénez and Cédrine Kerbaol will join them from Arkéa. Martina Alzini, who's the girlfriend of Benjamin Thomas, is the Italian rider.

Here are some other guesses from a reliable source when it comes to French cycling.
I really thought Siggaard was going to retire.

View: https://twitter.com/ActuCyclismeFem/status/1439865184177295366

They didn't get all of them right. I wasn't sure if Mathiesen would continue her career either, but unlike Siggaard she's at least fit enough to race. Koppenburg is still injured though after her crash in the Giro, but she should be back for next season.

View: https://twitter.com/TeamCOFIDIS/status/1440226555192504334

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS