• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The "How does Pavel Sivakov not have a thread yet" thread

Great rider. There's only one question about him, how long will he keep improving?
It sounds a bit stupid, but he comes from a cycling family, started pretty early and hs been racing for a really professional U23 team, he could end up peaking early like many Dutch gc prospects.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Great rider. There's only one question about him, how long will he keep improving?
It sounds a bit stupid, but he comes from a cycling family, started pretty early and hs been racing for a really professional U23 team, he could end up peaking early like many Dutch gc prospects.

I like this young man, hope he has good future. Will be nice to have more expectations turn real to compete with the endless supply of late bloomers and crossover heroes.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Well, he's made a big step the past few months. So i think it's a bit early to question his ability to improve. It's always a possibility, but i don't know why it'd be a bigger problem for him, than for anybody else. He turns 22 in about 6 weeks.

well done Pavel Sivakov, the future is bright for him

bettiniphoto_0394580_1_2000px_670.jpg

Re: Re:

spalco said:
Valv.Piti said:
Sestriere said:
He has the potential to be the first French Tour winner since Hinault.
Well, isn't he Russian?

But I agree.

Serious question: Would french media/cycling fans consider him French? Does he see himself as french?

The Cycling Podcast asked him this question a couple of days ago, and despite answering in a mild French accent, he confirmed that he considers Russia to be his cycling nationality...

So... he did exactly 400 meters at the front today, then completely exploded when Buchmann attacked, and was dropped like a brick and lost 3 minutes. I could understand had he been pulling for miles. But after last week where he looked almost on par with Bernal, this was somewhat of a letdown. I remember early season, that he was having issues keeping his weight down and his power up. I don't know if last week was throwing me off, or if today was calculated (certainly didn't look calculated). Has losing weight made him lose consistency? Something else? Or shouldn't we overreact?

TRENDING THREADS