• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Italian one-day race thread 2016

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Esteban Chaves (Orica BikeExchange)
Romain Bardet (Ag2R La Mondiale) a 2"
Rigoberto Uran (Cannondale Drapac) a 3"
Fabio Aru (Astana) a 3"
Jan Bakelants (Ag2R La Mondiale) a 10"
Rodolfo Torres (Androni - Sidermec) a 10"
Jonathan Hivert (Fortuneo - Vital Concept) a 11"
Diego Ulissi (Lampre-Merida) a 14"
Davide Villella (Cannondale Drapac) a 14"
Moreno Moser (Cannondale Drapac) a 14"

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
The delayed coverage kinda sucked, but at least this year RCS didn't try to sabotage the whole thing by having the Abu Dhabi Tour at the same time (that useless oil money race also weakened the field at Paris - Tours).
First they cancelled Roma Maxima/Giro del Lazio and then they tried to mess with a big, important Italian one day race that they don't own, that was just horrible.
Back to Emilia, the race really deserves a really strong field, it's such an iconic climb and a really important race.

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Disagree. Previous edition cycling fans were able to see this race

Last year they produced a very good TV Coverage . Long Vids on Youtube etc. This year: Nothing. Despite a Line Up wich was 10 times better than at Eneco.

So the most important is missing. Sponsors will need the race on TV or it won`t exist soon

Re: Re:

Nirvana said:
jens_attacks said:
was giro dell'emilia ever live broadcasted except 2012?

there is also the edition ullrich won on youtube but was it live or just recorded?
The problem is Rai, they don't want to make live coverage of this races. The organizers need to find another broadcaster.
RAI have a limited budget so the live/helicopters stuff is off limits except for classics/StradeB/TA and il Giro.
They have not been able to afford to show the Vuelta live, in my memory.

Re: Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
Nirvana said:
jens_attacks said:
was giro dell'emilia ever live broadcasted except 2012?

there is also the edition ullrich won on youtube but was it live or just recorded?
The problem is Rai, they don't want to make live coverage of this races. The organizers need to find another broadcaster.
RAI have a limited budget so the live/helicopters stuff is off limits except for classics/StradeB/TA and il Giro.
They have not been able to afford to show the Vuelta live, in my memory.
I don't think Rai has a problem of budget, they throw money and money for other events. If there is a limited budget is only for Rai Sport and is a choice of the management.
Anyway if small races want to survive they need a broadcaster that show live images. Plenty of italian small races are gone in recent years because with the lack of coverage they can't find sponsors to cover the costs of organization.
I remember races with a long history like Giro del Veneto, Giro di Puglia, Trofeo dello Scalatore, Giro di Sardegna, Giro del Friuli, GP Camaiore, Coppa Placci, Giro di Romagna, Giro della Provincia di Reggio Calabria (and probably i missed more) something like 15 years ago were all shown live on Rai 3, then they stopped and are all gone :(