• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 98 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kool takes it easily. Great leadout from Giorgi.

ah you say but the stage finish commentators were convinced Lizzie D was going to take it :rolleyes:...in fact they were name dropping her so many times, shes made a break for a solo victory,shes attacking, shes in the leading group etc etc I was beginning to wonder if they were on commission.

with Balsamo out though, Trek dont have many cards left to play on a heavy sprinter race,and what was Lauretta Hanson doing in that breakaway group if she isnt either racing to help Lizzie or trying to place on a sprint.

but Ill be impressed if Chloe Dygert starts tomorrows stage, I think she got banged up more in those crashes earlier in the stage than theyve let on as post finish she spent at least 20mins on the floor just after the finish line getting an ice pack to the knee, and was supported by her team mates when they finally gingerly rode to the team bus.

also I was surprised how knackered the pro conti level riders looked from what should have been a relatively easy stage race for them, I dont think the pace was that hot today, the parcours wasnt that challenging, but there were alot who looked like theyd been through the wringer just to get to the finish.

Great to see El Lizzie back on the podium.

Still annoyed that this is the only tour in Britain we're getting this year.
You're annoyed? I was working in Maldon today, when the stage passed within a couple of hunded metres of my house 2km from the finish in Colchester, and tomorrow I've things I have to do in Colchester while the race is in Maldon. The last 50km or more was on roads I regularly ride, so interesting to see them in the coverage, and the heli shots of the massive houses I can't see from the road.

Nasty high-speed crash takes out Kool and half the bunch with 1.5k to go. Dygert wins fairly easily from the remaining 10 or so riders. Doesn't look good after the finish though. Seems like she has a problem with her left leg again :confused:
I think it's her knee that's the problem maybe she landed on it badly when her bike slipped on the water on yesterday's stage, but its exactly how she looked post finish yesterday for at least 20mins getting ice pack treatment, which is why I said I'd be impressed if she made the start line today, so im doubly impressed she won the stage

View: https://twitter.com/RideLondon/status/1662461613624926208?cxt=HHwWgICxzfGBoJIuAAAA

Reactions: postmanhat
I think it's her knee that's the problem maybe she landed on it badly when her bike slipped on the water on yesterday's stage, but its exactly how she looked post finish yesterday for at least 20mins getting ice pack treatment, which is why I said I'd be impressed if she made the start line today, so im doubly impressed she won the stage

View: https://twitter.com/RideLondon/status/1662461613624926208?cxt=HHwWgICxzfGBoJIuAAAA
Cheers. Must admit to hardly watching any women's cycling since the classics (mainly due to work), so wasn't aware this was still an issue. I know she's a controversial figure to some, but can't help being impressed by her tenacity.

Kopecky stealing bonus seconds and then Wiebes attacking to escape in Thüringen before Kopecky counterattacks over her without collaboration. Just a beautiful battle for disintegration of team unity between the two most selfish riders the team has.

Schweistener and Roseman-Gannon showed a lack of racecraft today - It was obvious to Blind Freddy that SD Worx was setting this up for Kopecky to attack on the final climb BUT yet Roseman-Gannon and Schweisterner attacked with around 25kms to go, instead of saving their energy to go with the Kopecky attack. Will say that Jayco who dominated this race in 2022 showed class by allowing another team to win a stage, unlike SD Worx.

Last edited:
Kopecky stealing bonus seconds and then Wiebes attacking to escape in Thüringen before Kopecky counterattacks over her without collaboration. Just a beautiful battle for disintegration of team unity between the two most selfish riders the team has.

I don't understand how you can call Wiebes selfish. She did a lot of work for the team and let Barbara win her stage and also rode for Uneken .