• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The "long teeth syndrome"

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
So everyone who goes to the dentist is a doper?

What next? Anyone who goes to the supermarket is a doper?

My god you're desperate.

Damn, I have to go for my dental checkup on Monday, does that mean I am a doper?
Of course if I miss the test I get charged - its just not fair.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Some of you forget!

Where there is a toothache there is ....

In Italy, a prosecutor is investigating the case of Denis Zanette, a sprinter who collapsed on visiting the dentist last January. Zanette was on a list of riders who had been found in possession of banned drugs by police during the 2001 Giro d'Italia.

From http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2004/feb/16/cycling.cycling1

and http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/jan03/jan11news2

Don't take those routine checkups lightly Dr. Maserati!

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Anti-doping said:
Relax man :eek:
Hardly controversial to make fun of the fact that the Schlecks now works with Bruyneel.

So why post it?

'Relax, it was a joke', is the standard defence of a serious poster made to look like an ****.

I wasn't informational, illuminating or amusing? What was the point of the post?Did you think it was funny? Were your trying to say something against Schleck or Bruyneel just to prove your 'cool' credentials?

I think you were trying to present your doping sceptic 'CV' to the conspiracy posters you probably admire *** edited by mod ***. Kind of 'look at me, accept me, please accept me, please be my friend'. They'll love you, but they're not so smart really.

the fact that shlecklet has been absolutely nowhere, completely devoid of any results other than at the tour (where he was suddenly resplendent) is very very troubling indeed.

the fact that he has absolutely no issue with coming under the greatest doping team manager (the hog) who also happens to have a reputation of having paid off the uci and gotten advance notice of tests, is even more troubling. at least cancellera has at least made the token "clean" gesture of expressing not being happy with the merger.

schlecklet is an absolute fraud.

Now I understand why I don't bother reading the Clinic anymore. I had an infected wisdom tooth pulled, it turned into a serious infection to my heart. I was in intensive care for 10 days, and on a ventilator for 5. It took me over a year before I was mentally and physically able to start training again. I can certainly understand where the advice was coming from.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Marva32 said:
Now I understand why I don't bother reading the Clinic anymore. I had an infected wisdom tooth pulled, it turned into a serious infection to my heart. I was in intensive care for 10 days, and on a ventilator for 5. It took me over a year before I was mentally and physically able to start training again. I can certainly understand where the advice was coming from.

If you stuck around the clinic you might have taken a leaf out of Froome's book and have podium'd a GT ;)

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Damn, I have to go for my dental checkup on Monday, does that mean I am a doper?

Hope your dentist isn't named after a car or the forum will lynch you.

Dr. Maserati said:
Most certainly. At this forum one is a doper if one does either of these things:

- Goes to the dentist.
- Spends time in Tenerife.
- Spends time in Spain.
- Loses hair.
- Develops facial hair (females only)
- Performs above expectations.
- Underperforms.
- Loses weight.
- Gains weight.
- Facial structure changes slightly from the age of 18 to 30.
- Looks kinda mean.
- Doesn't speak English very well.

I thought Schleck was only supposed to suffer ill health after the Hog had put him on the programme.

If Schleck wants to avoid being labelled a doper then he should have signed for Sky or Garmin. There is no way those good clean teams would ever dope.

In fact Sky and Garmin would almost certainly have discovered that Schleck's poor TT and rubbish tactics were in fact caused by a rare blood infection caused by contact with Freshwater snails and an allergy to tomatoes.

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
maltiv said:
Most certainly. At this forum one is a doper if one does either of these things:

- Goes to the dentist.
- Spends time in Tenerife.
- Spends time in Spain.
- Loses hair.
- Develops facial hair (females only)
- Performs above expectations.
- Underperforms.
- Loses weight.
- Gains weight.
- Facial structure changes slightly from the age of 18 to 30.
- Looks kinda mean.
- Doesn't speak English very well.

Also, for people like Mrs Murphy:
- Does speak English very well.

Then we get to hear the hilarious "oh oh oh he can't be doping he isn't Spanish" joke trotted out for the billionth time that day. Or his new variation which includes Sky and/or Garmin, but doesn't quite make sense.