• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The "Minus Times Minus Equals Plus" Theory ...

Clearing blood dope winners, just because the main opponents (which doesn't necessarily includes the whole field) were supposedly or positively riding with "the same weapons". What do you think of this?

Personally, nothing annoys me more. The usual counter-argument: "the bodies do not react in the same way" annoys me too.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Echoes said:
Clearing blood dope winners, just because the main opponents (which doesn't necessarily includes the whole field) were supposedly or positively riding with "the same weapons". What do you think of this?

Personally, nothing annoys me more. The usual counter-argument: "the bodies do not react in the same way" annoys me too.

So if someone has a high natural Hem level of 45% he can only take so much epo to get to say 50%, where as someone with a natural level of 40% can take twice a much to get to the same level and have a bigger adanvatage. This argument works for me and seems to correlate to results. Riis Mr 60%, winning a TdF as he had so much epo in him is an example.

There is also the argument of teams 'preparation' ie doping programs. JV talked lots of injections a day on USPS, as he was told that is what all the teams do, where as when he went to CA they did very little. They seems to born out by the USPS blue trains we saw in the mountians.

I didn't say it was wrong but it just bores me.

A guy who can't make the most of his doping is not less of a cheater than a guy who can.

However nobody can tell me that there isn't one single rider in the peloton who is clean, may he always finish dead last. And the races seem so easy for Epo dopers that nobody can consider them as champions compared to those who don't/didn't do Epo. Milan-Sanremo is the best example to illustrate this, for me.

I once heard a comment by Belgian commentator Mich Wuyts (whom I like though) defending Johan Museeuw because "his opponents such as Baldato rode with the same weapons". I found this bold. First it's serious allegations because Baldato is not a convicted doper (suspicious but still) and then he does not seem to take Van Hooydonck's story in consideration.

Saying "everybody is in the same bag" is really fanboy talk for me.

TRENDING THREADS