• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The most iconic climb of Italy (Q1 North-eastern alps/1)

What is the most iconic of the north-eastern italian alps?

• Cima Sappada

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Monte Zoncolan

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • Monte Crostis

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Matajur

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Piancavallo

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Cason di Lanza

• Altopiano del Montasio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nevegal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monte Grappa

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Montello

• Total voters
Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
Here it comes!

First stage of "the most iconic climb of italy" tournament. Today I ask you to vote the most iconic climb of the north-eastern alps (Part 1 of many :D). You are allowed to vote two climbs maximum, and the two climbs scoring the greater number of votes will pass the selection. In this phase, it is possible to promote also climbs resulting in third or fourth position but having a score close to the first or the second.

The aim is to select the most iconic climb of Italy, not the climb which you like the most or the hardest, but the most representative, the landmark. The climb that you wans to see regularly at the Giro, like the Tourmalet or the Alpe d'Houez or the Ventoux at LeTour. The climb that is most representative of the spirit of Italy, or of its geographical area!

If you do not know a climb, before voting, I invite you to check it out on one of the various websites about cycling climbs...

And feel free to motivate your vote and comment the climbs ;)!

Hard to vote anything but Zoncolan here, as you want the most iconic climb. Zoncolan screams cycling! climb! tough! cycling history! italy! If it was supposed to be the prettiest one, I might choose Montello. Crostis comes close, with its loneliness it is very much a symbol for the lonely Italian Alps, the way they are in books and films... but it is not so much cycling related to me.

Would you think of the Grappa first, before the Zoncolan?
No. If we talk about riding the climbs as an amateur, Zoncolan is actually also "fun" to climb with all those signs with pictures of champions of the past that show you the distance that you've already ridden. The final 2km are pretty much your personal victory parade, you know that you've made it and that the super steep part lies behind you (just my personal experience).

Reactions: BlueRoads

TRENDING THREADS