• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Move Podcast

I've really enjoyed the Move podcast the last few years, and this year's addition of a second podcast with Johan was phenomenal. The man really knows cycling. Johan will be doing a Vuelta show that I'm pumped for. Who else here listens?

Btw, Lance kept mentioning that he was related to Mohammed Ali. Does anyone know how? (I realize Ali was part Scottish, but was there more to it than that?)

Juan Pelota said:
I've really enjoyed the Move podcast the last few years, and this year's addition of a second podcast with Johan was phenomenal. The man really knows cycling. Johan will be doing a Vuelta show that I'm pumped for. Who else here listens?

Btw, Lance kept mentioning that he was related to Mohammed Ali. Does anyone know how? (I realize Ali was part Scottish, but was there more to it than that?)

Despite conflicting feelings regarding the people involved I've been listening to it and yeah it's great. The behind the scenes information is 2nd to none... I actually prefer the Johan show so I'm delighted that he'll be doing a Vuelta one.

happytramp said:
Juan Pelota said:

Despite conflicting feelings regarding the people involved I've been listening to it and yeah it's great. The behind the scenes information is 2nd to none... I actually prefer the Johan show so I'm delighted that he'll be doing a Vuelta one.
I prefer Johan's one too. It basically completely replaced The Move (which was OK-ish) for me as a TdF related podcast.

The Lance/Hincapie version is entertaining, while the Bruyneel version is incredibly insightful. I guess my venom for Armstrong has faded over the years. Still an egomaniac, but nice to have Hincapie there to keep things real.

The Bruyneel version is a must-listen for english-speaking fans. Best analysis I've heard.

I used to like it when it was a bit more low-key a couple of years ago, but it seems like it's just become a glorified advert for the various cycling products that they've invested in. It's also a bit annoying the way Lance is so dismissive of the Vuelta and Giro. On the plus side, George is a welcome addition as I find him more insightful than Lance.

Re:

cellardoor said:
I used to like it when it was a bit more low-key a couple of years ago, but it seems like it's just become a glorified advert for the various cycling products that they've invested in. It's also a bit annoying the way Lance is so dismissive of the Vuelta and Giro. On the plus side, George is a welcome addition as I find him more insightful than Lance.

Did Lance ever ride Giro/Vuelta back then?

Re: Re:

Lequack said:
cellardoor said:

Nope. He did the Giro in 2009, though.

Re:

Lequack said:
On the other hand Wiggins has been very entertaining on Eurosport.
Only problem I have with the Bradley Wiggins Show is the extreme Geraint Thomas focus that he spun over their monday podcasts in this year's Tour. If you did not know better, you'd think the TdF was an INEOS club race from listening to his podcast.

I have not given the Move too much notice, as I simply do not have time to listen every cycling podcast out there. But if George is not afraid to give the lunatic some opposition I might try to give it a listen.

Lequack said:
cellardoor said:

He did the Vuelta in '98. He was 4th I think...

Reactions: Angliru
I've watched WEDU on YouTube for a while. I enjoy LA's non cycling interviews more than cycling ones usually...Sammy Hagar, Charles Barkley, Bode Miller... Bobke was pretty good.

My feelings didn't hurt by LA's (clinic), or his major arsholity so its just another entertainment channel to me.

glassmoon said:
Juan Pelota said:
Does anyone know who won the race between George and Lance? And also, again, how Lance is related to Ali?
they're supposed to release the results today (iirc) and the Ali connection is just a running joke regarding a photo of Lance in boxing gloves - but I can be mistaken about that though.

I thought that they posted a photo of him with boxing gloves because he was related to Ali, but I could be wrong as well.

Re:

red_flanders said:
The Lance/Hincapie version is entertaining, while the Bruyneel version is incredibly insightful. I guess my venom for Armstrong has faded over the years. Still an egomaniac, but nice to have Hincapie there to keep things real.

The Bruyneel version is a must-listen for english-speaking fans. Best analysis I've heard.

Can you give me a link please?

repre said:
red_flanders said:

https://bit.ly/2YgA8qu

:razz: :razz: :razz:

But seriously, here you go. https://wedu.team/themove Just kidding around.

repre said:
red_flanders said:

WEDU on YouTube

movingtarget said:
Moviefan1203 said:
The Bruyneel edition is the best cycling podcast I’ve listened to. He’s fantastic, and I can’t wait for the Vuelta coverage.

Don't think they usually cover the Vuelta do they ? Heard Bruyneel previously on the Lance podcast and he was very good. Hincapie has some good insights as well.

They will be this year. :)

movingtarget said:
Moviefan1203 said:
The Bruyneel edition is the best cycling podcast I’ve listened to. He’s fantastic, and I can’t wait for the Vuelta coverage.

Don't think they usually cover the Vuelta do they ? Heard Bruyneel previously on the Lance podcast and he was very good. Hincapie has some good insights as well.

Bruyneel is doing one for the Vuelta. He loves doing them so much he's going to do two a day (one in spainish)... He said during one of the tour ones that he avoided everything to do with cycling for so long but the podcasts and the positive response has made him love it again. He said something about it helping him find a new lease of life or something.

Have to say, wiggin's running from the media box to cheer on nibali when he was winning the stage and then tusseling with a French fan over his disgarded bidion was one of my favrouite stories from the tour.... Also impressed by his clear emotion on the last day and saying that the whole experience had been the hilight of his cycling career.

Re:

happytramp said:
Have to say, wiggin's running from the media box to cheer on nibali when he was winning the stage and then tusseling with a French fan over his disgarded bidion was one of my favrouite stories from the tour.... Also impressed by his clear emotion on the last day and saying that the whole experience had been the hilight of his cycling career.

He loves Nibali. Whenever he talks about him he sounds like a little boy ! I thought Wiggins was good on the Giro commentary but I watched another channel for the Tour not by choice......

TRENDING THREADS