• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Move Podcast

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well he's Texan afterall, right. But in some podcasts Big George gave him decent roast which was epic. And there's this loyalty and bind that can be seen in most successful amateur or pro teams. To me Armstrong seems to be moving forward, but here and there one can hear the hits he recieved.

Today pretty much could be seen what Bruyneel told in yesterdays podcast about Movistar. Man knows his game.

Last edited:
Well, this isn't really the subject of this thread, I know, but I just wanted to hear if anybody else has been listening to the podcast "Watts Occurring" with Geraint Thomas and Luke Rowe?

I have found it very enjoyable, I think their banter is quite good and they don't sugarcoat everything, not even when they speak about riders from other teams.

I also like it because it gives quite a unique insight to the thoughts of one of the world's leading riders in a way I haven't really experienced before.

Well, this isn't really the subject of this thread, I know, but I just wanted to hear if anybody else has been listening to the podcast "Watts Occurring" with Geraint Thomas and Luke Rowe?

I have found it very enjoyable, I think their banter is quite good and they don't sugarcoat everything, not even when they speak about riders from other teams.

I also like it because it gives quite a unique insight to the thoughts of one of the world's leading riders in a way I haven't really experienced before.
You should have started a new thread because the Watts podcast may make for some good discussion, but not buried here...just my $.02. :)

Reactions: Potomac
I've really enjoyed the Move podcast the last few years, and this year's addition of a second podcast with Johan was phenomenal. The man really knows cycling. Johan will be doing a Vuelta show that I'm pumped for. Who else here listens?

Btw, Lance kept mentioning that he was related to Mohammed Ali. Does anyone know how? (I realize Ali was part Scottish, but was there more to it than that?)

I'm a regular listener as anything pro cycling related I'm all about. Its professionally done and reflects it, (good intro, good mic's, overall production ) which is a welcome change vs the numerous crappy podcasts out there with idiots broadcasting from their kitchen table thinking that's quality.

Having Beloki on the first podcast about the 2003 Tour was actually great, not gonna lie.
That said, I can't stand both Lance and Johan on the same podcast. 2 psychos who used to enable each other and Johan still likes to stroke Lance's ego. Not a word about how Hamilton told everyone to wait on the 2003 LA stage, not a work about him riding that Tour with a broken collarbone. Instead they open the part about the 2004 Tour with him abbandoning the stage and Mayo wanting to quit after a meltdown, both Lance and Johan really enjoy it and seem to think it's the funniest thing in the world.

Having Beloki on the first podcast about the 2003 Tour was actually great, not gonna lie.
That said, I can't stand both Lance and Johan on the same podcast. 2 psychos who used to enable each other and Johan still likes to stroke Lance's ego. Not a word about how Hamilton told everyone to wait on the 2003 LA stage, not a work about him riding that Tour with a broken collarbone. Instead they open the part about the 2004 Tour with him abbandoning the stage and Mayo wanting to quit after a meltdown, both Lance and Johan really enjoy it and seem to think it's the funniest thing in the world.

The Johan one later in the day without lance is substantially less irritating and you feel marginally less grubby for having listened to it.

One thing is for sure: Lance Armstrong has an entrepreneurial spirit. He spends the first twenty minutes or so shilling one product or another. Also, he's smart enough to start a thread and create interest on cyclingnews. Nice job, Lance.
The show is cringe-worthy for a few reasons. One is which what a previous poster said is that Lance's ego shines through loud and clear more and more with every episode.
He leaves his "co-host" sitting alone with absolutely nothing to say. The guy might as well be picking his nose and no-one would notice. It is an embarrassing sight, and I actually feel bad for the guy.
Another is the absence of doping talk. These guys make it seem that it never happened. Not in terms of denial, but the fact they never mention it. So much for Lance's promise to co-operate with authorities on his terms. I don't know if he's smart enough to realize it, but he is making a mockery of the sport by not talking about it. It's just really weird to hear his commentary without commentary, if you know what I mean.
The show would be awesome if they shared stories of their doping days.
Also, his competitive spirit shines through when jokingly dissing George and ignoring his co-host. Nothing wrong with having a competitive spirit and joking with your mates, but it feels like I'm overhearing a conversation at a frat party. Johan is the only guy he seems to truly respect.
With all that said, I wouldn't be able to critique the show if I haven't watched it. And that's the point of producing a show -- to get views regardless of what people think. Bravado aside, one thing I like about the show is the anecdotes shared between the three. It's always fun to get insight about bike races from those who were involved.

Reactions: IndianCyclist
Another is the absence of doping talk. These guys make it seem that it never happened. Not in terms of denial, but the fact they never mention it. So much for Lance's promise to co-operate with authorities on his terms. I don't know if he's smart enough to realize it, but he is making a mockery of the sport by not talking about it. It's just really weird to hear his commentary without commentary, if you know what I mean.
The show would be awesome if they shared stories of their doping days.

The way he says "you know I don't remember anything at all" here and there, probably goes for this part of history, he doesn't want to talk about it. I kinda understand it, when you've been sitting months in a court of justice and payed millions of dollars from crimes you made and all that s**t, it's his decision when he talks about it.

Must admit it felt bad to see how they spitted for Hamilton with that video clip, but we're witnessing partners in crime throwing rocks against each other, we know that's what happens later when someone decides to blow a whistle. Not to say who did wrong or not, that's just what it is in life. They hate each other forever I guess.

Reactions: the delgados
I've really enjoyed the Move podcast the last few years, and this year's addition of a second podcast with Johan was phenomenal. The man really knows cycling. Johan will be doing a Vuelta show that I'm pumped for. Who else here listens?

Btw, Lance kept mentioning that he was related to Mohammed Ali. Does anyone know how? (I realize Ali was part Scottish, but was there more to it than that?)

I used to enjoy it but now its more about Lance promoting products for the listener /viewer to buy and less about the racing. Shame it has gone that route.

I could listen to Bruyneel talk all day but the Lance and George podcasts are pretty intolerable. Apart from the endless advertisements, Lance's lack of knowledge of the current riders is astounding. I can maybe forgive him for not having heard of Hirschi at the start of the Tour (he is young, after all) but when you haven't heard of Nizzolo (31yo, Italian champ and riding his 10th Grand Tour) I have to wonder if you actually have any interest in cycling.

I listen to the Move Podcast every now and then when they discuss some technical stuff or share inside information of cyclists. However, they make a lot of commercials. Sometimes it feels like it is getting worse and worse. And I agree with the Poster that said that Lance does not have too much knowledge of the current Peloton. I can see that with his picks.

Reactions: movingtarget

TRENDING THREADS