• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The "MVP" Mathieu Van der Poel Road Discussion Thread

Page 120 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
No one knows, including Mathieu and his team as we've seen. People are just voicing their opinions as always. It's definitely not extreme

I think that's fair. It does seem 'cavalier' after issues with his back, that he'll possibly do 2 GT back to back. He's never completed one....They're certainly not being conservative. That's if everything goes well.

A shame no MTB has been mentioned, as that is unfinished business. However, as long as he has a good UCI ranking in Road/ CX he'll be fine for when he returns, as there is now a rule enabling top ranked riders from other disciplines a 4/5th row start.

Reactions: Didinho
barely back from injury and now he wants to do giro tour double.

And he wants to finish both races. Idk chief. Doesn't seem wise after a lingering back injury
They dont want me rageposting at plannef stage 5 DNSs again

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
Lot's of riders have finished two GTs in a season.
Lots of riders who race year round doing 3 disciplines who have never even finished 1 GT let alone 2 back-to-back who have had injury issues and who are coming off a back injury that supposedly required rest and has already caused you to miss races including one of your season objectives?

Maybe another year but this this sure doesn't seem like the year for it.

Lots of riders who race year round doing 3 disciplines who have never even finished 1 GT let alone 2 back-to-back who have had injury issues and who are coming off a back injury that supposedly required rest and has already caused you to miss races including one of your season objectives?

Maybe another year but this this sure doesn't seem like the year for it.

Again, I trust they know what they're doing.

And considering how I thought the announcement had been something like his back bothering him again, forcing him to miss all the Spring Classics, the intention of riding - and finishing - two GTs isn't really that much of an issue to me.

TRENDING THREADS