• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The new clean generation

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Since doping is no longer accepted in the peloton, why is everyone so quiet whenever there is a positive test? '

Shouldnt these clean riders be ****ed that someone is still ruining their credibility? Has any pro rider commented at all about these astana positives?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ralphbert said:
They are furious with all these false positives, everyone knows doping stopped in 2006

JV said it stopped in 2008 as the cool kids no longer doped.;)

Astana didn't get the memo, bad postal system in Kazakstan.:D

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Since doping is no longer accepted in the peloton, why is everyone so quiet whenever there is a positive test? '

Shouldnt these clean riders be ****ed that someone is still ruining their credibility? Has any pro rider commented at all about these astana positives?

talansky for instance, defends lance, then gets furious at di luca.
but now when there are genuine positives he's all crickets.
just to recall:
I feel genuine hatred towards Di Luca. He’s a worthless lying scumbag making false statements that hurt the sport I love.

Thankfully his statements are delusional. I wouldn’t be in this sport if it was not possible to succeed at the highest level and do it clean.
http://stevetilford.com/2014/01/22/di-luca-or-talansky-who-to-believe/

where's your hatred now, talansky?

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
He is about the only one who comments pretty much on every doping case that is announced. Probably why he is gone from being a really good domestique for HTC and OMEGA PHARMA QUICKSTEP to rideing with SYNERGY BAKU pro conti team.

Thoughts anyone?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes the silence from the peloton and all these clean riders is truly deafening.

JV has obviously been too busy schmoosing Oleg too bother doing his dedicated anti doping stuff, never mind Kittel who gets outraged about a nobody on a nothing team at the Tour of No Importance, but when a big team dopes, oooh all quiet on the Eastern Front!

grizzlee said:
He is about the only one who comments pretty much on every doping case that is announced. Probably why he is gone from being a really good domestique for HTC and OMEGA PHARMA QUICKSTEP to rideing with SYNERGY BAKU pro conti team.

Thoughts anyone?

I do think his public "hammering" of the dopers limits the teams where he could get a job. but other factors could also play a role without really knowing him.

Anyway Baku isn't the worst place to be imo.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Yes the silence from the peloton and all these clean riders is truly deafening.

JV has obviously been too busy schmoosing Oleg too bother doing his dedicated anti doping stuff, never mind Kittel who gets outraged about a nobody on a nothing team at the Tour of No Importance, but when a big team dopes, oooh all quiet on the Eastern Front!

More evidence that nothing has changed and omerta still lives.

But at least it is becoming increasingly hard to pretend cycling is clean.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Yes the silence from the peloton and all these clean rider. Truly deafening.

Further proof to my point that trophy names only matter to some around here.

Interestingly on Kittel, he has been the only rider I know of who has spoken about Astana's licence in the past. You know this because I have pointed out to yourself.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
grizzlee said:
Matt Brammeier @Mattbrammeier85 · 15h 15 hours ago Must be something in the water over in Kazakstan.....

grizzlee said:

Thoughts anyone?

Yeah, Brammeier has done it fairly consistently, including Frank Schleck. Incidently he was alo accused of the easy target towards Pourseyedi.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
Further proof to my point that trophy names only matter to some around here.

Interestingly on Kittel, he has been the only rider I know of who has spoken about Astana's licence in the past. You know this because I have pointed out to yourself.

Got any links to riders criticising Astana?

Apart from Brammier......

grizzlee said:

Thoughts anyone?
He was a decent domestique but didn't show enough to make the cut when they had to accommodate the likes of Urán and Cavendish, c'est la vie. Baku are a team on the up and races like Langkawi, Azerbaijan and Qinghai Lake at least give him a shop window to progress. There are worse places to be.

He's not the only one that speaks out either. Danny Pate's zero tolerance position speaking out against dopers whilst sitting on Team Sky has been an interesting note in the endless debate about their transforming riders, and there's also Jimmy Engoulvent, who's seldom shy about his invective.

Not that either of them can really be considered the "new" generation, I guess.

TRENDING THREADS