• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Next Step--Target Letters

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Barrus said:
This thread has been significantly trolled, does anyone oppose the idea to take the first post and just start a new thread with that? Or at least just the first three pages, it appears as though the rest is more crap than anything else, mainly due to BPC

Would seem more efficient to just delete the BPC posts and responses or move them to a sticky troll quarantine. i.e. let it roll.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
5_MitigatingCrises.jpg

The girl on the right - look at her face!!!
She looks like someone who's just been tasked with the job of trying to put a positive spin on someone selling out their charity brand for a hefty stake in a media company!

A

Anonymous

GoneWithTailWind said:
Hi folks, about this Juan Pelota twitter account, out of interest how do we know it's genuine?. I searched a little and came across reference to the email address "jp@Livestrong.org" (or whatever it is) but didn't see anthing tying him to this twitter account. Thanks.

Its real.

JP went on his first blocking blitz this morning, most of the people I know got caught up in it. I escaped for once. Guess lance doesnt compare blocklists..

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
TubularBills said:
Would seem more efficient to just delete the BPC posts and responses or move them to a sticky troll quarantine. i.e. let it roll.

I won't be making a new thread with those posts, as the deletion alone was already enough work

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
What a pair of hardface bitches. They chow on testicles.

CowboyTx said:
The girl on the right - look at her face!!!
She looks like someone who's just been tasked with the job of trying to put a positive spin on someone selling out their charity brand for a hefty stake in a media company!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Maxiton said:
It was kind of a thin topic to build a thread on. I think by going off course it ended up being more interesting. Personally, I see no reason to delete it or start it over.

Also, I think if Armstrong or BPC or whoever it is wants to get in here and mix it up you should let him. His posts don't really seem disruptive to me; not in his most recent incarnation, anyway.

I agree, if anything he/she looks incredibly foolish with every post. Be great if the ISP was traced to texas:D

Look at flicky lately he's like a moody spoilt ADHD child posting on here.:D

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Lets keep the discussion about BPC and his not being allowed on this forum in the 'about the forum' subforum. For now I'll just say what I said before, he is not allowed on this forum and if he wants to be allowed back he should contact the moderating team first before he starts to post.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
CycloErgoSum said:
What a pair of hardface bitches. They chow on testicles like corncobs.

Actually, excellent PR here: clients would be left with impression these two dragons will give you superb value for money.

these people seem to be angling for the business of people who are not innocent and know how to do the damage limitation PR for their guilty as hades clients.

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
these people seem to be angling for the business of people who are not innocent and know how to do the damage limitation PR for their guilty as hades clients.

And in today's society, I am sure they have no shortage of client's who's s**t they need to make smell like a rose.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

Yup, these harpies are going to hell and they know it.

This painting is hanging in the PS offices as a mission statement (it can also be viewed as a metaphor for when the indictments are handed down):

Saturno_devorando_a_sus_hijos.jpg

Chronus is a roadie: check out those long, skinny thighs; he's also what TTs are named after.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Cimacoppi49 said:
Do you think Jonathan Littman at the Huffington Post is a PR flack for Armstrong? I suggested as much and he did not approve my comments. :)

Littman's obsession is Novitzky. He is a huge Bonds fan and had been after Novitzky for years. If you ever read something negative about Novitzky chances are high that they are based on 1-2 Littman articles written years ago. They were filled with various unsupported claims and innuendo.

As Armstrong is Noviztly's latest target Littman has written a few articles on the topic and all they have done is make him look like a fool. The comments are always heavily moderated, allowing only PS talking points and deleting any information that might conflict.......of course this only reinforces the weakness of the talking points.

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Littman's obsession is Novitzky. He is a huge Bonds fan and had been after Novitzky for years. If you ever read something negative about Novitzky chances are high that they are based on 1-2 Littman articles written years ago. They were filled with various unsupported claims and innuendo.

As Armstrong is Noviztly's latest target Littman has written a few articles on the topic and all they have done is make him look like a fool. The comments are always heavily moderated, allowing only PS talking points and deleting any information that might conflict.......of course this only reinforces the weakness of the talking points.

Thanks. That explains a lot.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Fabricator's goal is obfuscation.

Correct. Fabiani is trying to influence the pool of potential jurors by playing the "I can't believe that the feds are wasting millions of dollars trying to hang doping charges against this great, American cancer-fighting hero"

Fabiani's goal isn't in trying to get the government to go away, it's trying to turn jurors against the government's case before they ever get called in to serve. He's prepping America, and he's only going to get louder in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile, Lance is going to be out there personally visiting every sick chemo cancer kid he can, and you can be sure there will be cameras recording all of it.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
TubularBills said:
Public Strategies, Continued:

Expertise

Executive Positioning

Our senior advisors have helped elect two Presidents and many Senators, Governors, and members of Congress. We have trained cabinet secretaries, international diplomats, Fortune 50 management teams and cultural icons like Lance Armstrong and Bono.

In the past two decades, we have advised countless CEOs, boards and senior corporate leaders on how to communicate their business objectives by utilizing the best practices gained from campaigns. We have prepared such leaders for major public debates, press conferences and one-on-one interviews on the most demanding topics with the most challenging journalists around the world.

http://www.pstrategies.com/index.php/executive-positioning/

I wonder who the two presidents are ?? Bush Sr & Jr ????
Also, if they are the ones who trained Pailin, then that would count as a major fail…

It is funny though, a lot of the evidence seems to point to the fact that the conspiracy theories are true. The various news stories posted everywhere over the internet usually have a section where readers can comment. Many of the comments on the various boards all read like they were written by the same few people. There is a nasty, repetitive tone to them- all talking about how this is a waste of taxpayer’s money, etc. (The same talking points we used to see here from you-know-who).
They don’t read like they were written by a real person who doesn’t have a bias. It seems like those behind this feel like this war will be fought and won in the court of public opinion, rather than a court of law. I guess as was said above: influencing potential jurors?

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Deagol said:
I wonder who the two presidents are ?? Bush Sr & Jr ????
Also, if they are the ones who trained Pailin, then that would count as a major fail…

It is funny though, a lot of the evidence seems to point to the fact that the conspiracy theories are true. The various news stories posted everywhere over the internet usually have a section where readers can comment. Many of the comments on the various boards all read like they were written by the same few people. There is a nasty, repetitive tone to them- all talking about how this is a waste of taxpayer’s money, etc. (The same talking points we used to see here from you-know-who).
They don’t read like they were written by a real person who doesn’t have a bias. It seems like those behind this feel like this war will be fought and won in the court of public opinion, rather than a court of law. I guess as was said above: influencing potential jurors?

Fabiani was White House Counsel to Bill Clinton during the Monica era and also did work for Al Gore during his run for the Presidency.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Cimacoppi49 said:
Fabiani was White House Counsel to Bill Clinton during the Monica era and also did work for Al Gore during his run for the Presidency.

Strange: they said they help elect two presidents and since Gore wasn't "elected" (depending on your take of that botched election vote count thing) Who else could have been?

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Deagol said:
Many of the comments on the various boards all read like they were written by the same few people. There is a nasty, repetitive tone to them- all talking about how this is a waste of taxpayer’s money, etc. (The same talking points we used to see here from you-know-who).

Absolutely. They are "building" their jury. They're probably not wasting much time on here, but they're going to be all over the various forums where people pontificate about such matters.

Goal: Enrage anyone called to sit on a jury and then have to "sit through a waste of millions of taxpayer dollars during a recession while this champion hero just wants to help little kids with cancer. Today, he could be out there raising millions".

It's one thing to be in the legal profession and have to tow your client's position, but can you imagine going to journalism school and then ending up being one of the prostitutes hired to do this disgusting work?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Deagol said:
Strange: they said they help elect two presidents and since Gore wasn't "elected" (depending on your take of that botched election vote count thing) Who else could have been?

well did he help Clinton get elected or was he part of the admin during Monicagate?

public stratalies if you ask me? ;)

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Deagol said:

This is the kind of disgusting work that's non-partisan. They specialize in using media to bend public opinion to the client's liking. In this case, they need a jury that hates the feds for bringing this case to them.

Whoever is willing to pay the expensive price, will possibly get the outcome they need. Political parties use soft money to fund these kinds of services. Don't assume that the firm takes sides. Whoever has the money and the need will use them.

These are the kinds of firms who have "relationships" with certain columnists, journalists (etc) at the major media outlets. It's what allows $75k per year writers to be able to summer at the Hamptons... that kind of stuff. All perfectly legal, but dirty dirty dirty.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I agree with you, this company and others like it serve clients that have something to hide- they paint themselves as people with a talent for spin. But what they are is professional liars. I don’t know how anyone with a conscience could read that website and not get at least a little creeped-out, unless of course if a professional liars is exactly what you are looking for.

By the way (forgive my ignorance) who is Juan Pelota? I know I have seen that name outside this thread before, but can’t place it

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Deagol said:
I agree with you, this company and others like it serve clients that have something to hide- they paint themselves as people with a talent for spin. But what they are is professional liars. I don’t know how anyone with a conscience could read that website and not get at least a little creeped-out, unless of course if a professional liars is exactly what you are looking for.

By the way (forgive my ignorance) who is Juan Pelota? I know I have seen that name outside this thread before, but can’t place it

If you throw enough money at a problem, you can create the impression of armies of supporters, other perceptions that are totally untrue and you can manipulate the media to become your personal bullhorn (or at least certain members of the media).

Media is as dirty (or worse) than politics. Actually, they're joined at the hip.

Deagol said:

The uniballer.

Pelota = ball in Spanish.

Juan ~ one

One ball.

Dave.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
If you throw enough money at a problem, you can create the impression of armies of supporters, other perceptions that are totally untrue and you can manipulate the media to become your personal bullhorn (or at least certain members of the media).

Media is as dirty (or worse) than politics. Actually, they're joined at the hip.[/QUOTE]

Actually I think the marketing term is that they have "synergy". A mobius of self-sustaining slime.

TRENDING THREADS