• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The official CBS 60 minutes thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Animal said:
What's Floyd's twitter name? I can't find him.

he has about six accounts, various versions of fakefloyd, realfloyd, beazed, realbeazed

Tonight I understand it will be his solicitors @greymanrod doing the tweeting.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow, people, if I could turn the clock forward I would do it for you. :D
Hope you survive till your season highlight tonight.
Please don't loose the focus and don't get bothered by Giro and ToC.

clinic blows - haters close to 7th heaven and out of control, lol
Reminds me again of the Ullrich-haters and some TV stations now playing the big enlighters, after beeing blind for decades and using Lance's slipstream and licking his ***.
They don't care about moral, it's all about the money and thrillfactor.
Making the best out of the Lance witchhunt and just beeing "the good people who were cheated and knew nothing" now.
Looking forward to the liveticker and an upcoming 60minutes-countdown-thread. Should be a sticky in racing forum, too.

Great threadopening by thehog, btw. Wow, thats so nasty, wow.
Livestrong money for Lance special secret PEDs, secret double-0 agents in Livestrong headquarter.....wow, thats soooooooo naaaaaaasty and thrilling. :)
He heard something....but not sure if they will air it. If not, Lance lawyers took it down - like always when hoggie predictions fail.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Wow, people, if I could turn the clock forward I would do it for you. :D
Hope you survive till your season highlight tonight.
Please don't loose the focus and don't get bothered by Giro and ToC.

Uh, there's an epic Giro battle going on, yet you're taking the time to dump on a thread, insult forum members, and add nothing positive to the conversation. No wonder you feel superior to the rest of us. If you don't care about the show, you do have the option of not bothering with the thread. I'm off to see if Contador can catch Nibali, and anyone can catch Garzelli, but I will be glued to 60 Minutes tonight.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
TV listing for the part of California I am in now are...

7 P.M. 60 Minutes - Cyclist Tyler Hamilton talks about the use of banned substances in pro races; the FBI and a hit man.

8 P.M. 60 Minutes - Former NSA executive Tom Drake; child labor in agriculture; activist Al Sharpton.

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else saw this but I just watched an episode of Outside the Lines (ESPN) where they interviewed Betsy Andreu. It of course rehashed the 'Hospital room' discussion, referenced EPO as "Liquid Gold" Etc. Seemed like something to wet our appetites for the CBS 60 minutes airing this evening.

(ESPN possibly to repeat the show/see it on line?!?)

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
VeloCity said:
Witch hunt? Are you guys seriously still stuck on that theme?

Yeah, It's now witchhunt Nr.2 for me, after witch Nr.1 was hunted into depression and total isolation.

It definitely is, with all the hypocrisy, wrong facts, overdone and invented storys that it brings with it. Especially medias'.
They don't care and just go on to earn money, while never admit their own failures or correct wrong storys. They don't care.

Use em, use spotlight and glory and then stubb on em if they are in trouble.

Somehow this whole thing is boring to watch for me, because they are all the same and there exactly happens what happened in Germany for years.
SSDYDC

But I can understand that you guys freak out now and need some time to understand whats actually happening. Your hate makes you blind, because you love it and just join the hunt and follow the trend.
Easiest way to blame it all on Lance and focus on him.
Odd game, and I won't join it because of some experience and keeping cool.
The ratio is totally lost here and I am 100% sure that you haters are 100times more emotionally involved than me. :D
I don't really care, but the madness here is just great to watch.

The only thing I definitely know is that Lance won't go to jail, will keep all his wins and that this story here is about Tyler in first place. Just in case you forgot that. Looks like that. "Thank you Tyler, btw, but you can go now if that was all, so that we can continue with the hunt...."
I know - hope is still strong in the clinic, and even stronger now, for whatever reason. lol

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Definately.

I dont think you can underestimate just how big having a full page in the main section is. I can count on my fingers the amount of times a sporting story has had a full broadsheet page in the times. And Murdoch has lawyers and resources that dwarf Lance's.

Murdoch's Tax Evasion dwarfs Lance's also.

And that "full broadsheet page" is hilarious.
What an Over Reaction. Embarassing. Fail.
Murdoch is one of the very few successful haterz lol.

CBS will defeat Murdoch's Fox Network again tonite.
Doh.
Although the 7pm time slot is for fluff stories.
The 8pm time slot is considered Prime Time. Important stuff.

TeamSkyFans said:
The times are getting their revenge on Lance by the looks of it.

David Walsh gets an entire FULL PAGE IN THE MAIN NEWSPAPER TODAY, and a further half page in the sports section. This is a broadsheet on a sunday so a full page in the main newspaper

Some quotes of interest:

"Emails between Armstrong and John Hendricks, founder of Discovery Channel are believe to exist containing Armstrong's reassurance to his main sponsor that the team did not, and had not doped"

"What is also clear is that fears about professional cyclists refusing to speak about their doping were misplaced. "The problem" said one source close to the investigation, "was not getting them to talk but to stop them from crying so they could continue talking"

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
"What is also clear is that fears about professional cyclists refusing to speak about their doping were misplaced. "The problem" said one source close to the investigation, "was not getting them to talk but to stop them from crying so they could continue talking"

Well, that shows the GJ has not grilled Lance.
Can you imagine Lance haltingly sputtering between sobs?
Me neither lol.
"What part of FU don't you understand?"

But the Feds must be ecstatic.
8 years of Barry Bonds and only ONE sobbing witness to doping on the stand. She was an effective witness for the most part too.

The Lance Witch Hunt has multiple sobbing witness's yikes.

Although leaking that riders were crying in their testimony is fail.
Witch Hunt fail.

Gee...another BS story about Lance and team. Big surprise. Some lying POS who doped, denied, lied, went broke, was shamed, and now needs money by writing a book throws out the "I saw Lance dope" claim, and anybody will give him airtime.

Oh wait, Hincapie also said the story is BS that he told the FDA anything.

Lastly, grand jury testimony is completely confidential. So either, 1) the US prosecution is violating legal orders, risking their license to practice law, jail time, and reputation by leaking info out to try and build their case in the court of public opinion (wouldn't surprise me, they are wasting millions of my taxes on this ridiculous crap to begin with), 2) a person who testified/lawyer is leaking the info out to a source anonymously....or.....lastly...and likely...POS Hamilton wants to sell books. Big surprise.

People can say what they like, but the facts still remain, Lance never failed a test. Tests don't like. If they did, you shouldn't waste time and money with any blood work that your doctor orders and shouldn't believe those either. Yet, everybody does.

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
Murdoch's Tax Evasion dwarfs Lance's also.

And that "full broadsheet page" is hilarious.
What an Over Reaction. Embarassing. Fail.
Murdoch is one of the very few successful haterz lol.

CBS will defeat Murdoch's Fox Network again tonite.
Doh.
Although the 7pm time slot is for fluff stories.
The 8pm time slot is considered Prime Time. Important stuff.

Are you and Cobblestoned joined at the hip, sharing the same keyboard?

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
zigmeister said:
Gee...another BS story about Lance and team. Big surprise. Some lying POS who doped, denied, lied, went broke, was shamed, and now needs money by writing a book throws out the "I saw Lance dope" claim, and anybody will give him airtime.

Lastly, grand jury testimony is completely confidential. So either, 1) the US prosecution is violating legal orders, risking their license to practice law, jail time, and reputation by leaking info out to try and build their case in the court of public opinion (wouldn't surprise me, they are wasting millions of my taxes on this ridiculous crap to begin with), 2) a person who testified/lawyer is leaking the info out to a source anonymously....or.....lastly...and likely...POS Hamilton wants to sell books. Big surprise.

People can say what they like, but the facts still remain, Lance never failed a test. Tests don't like. If they did, you shouldn't waste time and money with any blood work that your doctor orders and shouldn't believe those either. Yet, everybody does.

Assuming you meant to type "lie": They maybe don't lie but they apparently simply don't work if you have been paying attention to all the riders that have admitted to doping, being tested and not get caught.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
La Pandera said:
Are you and Cobblestoned joined at the hip, sharing the same keyboard?

Ah, there are some more not following the hypetrain, have some intelligence and not follow the outfreaking hypocrisy and conclusions of yours.

You know, we always laugh last. Always. Thats why haters hate us after they are failing again and again. :D
Of course, we always notice first.

Updated list of haters epic fails will be updated and published soon, and then we will be hated even more. But doesn't matter. It's their job I think. lol

Lance will...
Lance won't....

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
zigmeister said:

Tests don't lie, lol? Where have you been. The testing is not effective. Did you know that an EPO test wasn't even implemented until 2004? Maybe you should learn some facts fanboy. And what about all of the other top-level athletes that have never failed a test, but later admitted being juiced to the gills.

Guess, what? I've never gotten a speeding ticket. Does that mean I've never driven over the speed limit?

If some of you bozos are so convinced that Armstrong never doped, then you would welcome any and all accusations, because in the end the investigation would exonerate him.

But you come here insulting posters, throwing threads off-topic and wasting precious time that could be used more effectively.

Coming to "The Clinic" to tell us how wrong and vindictive we the Lance Armstrong Haters are doesn't qualify as a good use of time.

T minus 6 hours...

TeamSkyFans said:
Definately.

I dont think you can underestimate just how big having a full page in the main section is. I can count on my fingers the amount of times a sporting story has had a full broadsheet page in the times. And Murdoch has lawyers and resources that dwarf Lance's.

Yep not see it like this. Even Lance fluff articles never got a broadsheet. Funny. Lance's demise gets more inches than the feelgood story.

This is a good thing. Brings the world back to where it needs to be. Be by god what was Armstrong thinking with all the BS?