• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

The official Egan Bernal is the new Egan Bernal thread

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

rick james said:
El Pistolero said:
Kid got arrogant. He told media that Sky wasn't the problem during the boring Tour, but other teams were too afraid to attack.

Yeah, geez, I wonder why they didn't attack just to get chased down by 6 men of Sky.

Probably isn't very bright either.
When Luke Rowe can lead the peloton over HC climbs of course it’s the other teams faults for not attacking...it played right into sky hands.... and don’t say Rowe was setting a hard pace
Absolutely correct - Porte in an article today on Cycling News stated what I've been arguing for two years that teams must co-operate - That means these teams setting a hot pace from the beginning of the six or seven mountain stages to tire out Sky's mountain domestics before the climbs - In effect you three teams each day share the workload per day and you back your rider in a head to head battle - Luke Rowe should never lead a peleton over a HC climb.
 
Re:

El Pistolero said:
Kid got arrogant. He told media that Sky wasn't the problem during the boring Tour, but other teams were too afraid to attack.

Yeah, geez, I wonder why they didn't attack just to get chased down by 6 men of Sky.

Probably isn't very bright either.
I guess most cyclists aren't (with the exception of Pozzovivo).
 
Re: Re:

rghysens said:
El Pistolero said:
Kid got arrogant. He told media that Sky wasn't the problem during the boring Tour, but other teams were too afraid to attack.

Yeah, geez, I wonder why they didn't attack just to get chased down by 6 men of Sky.

Probably isn't very bright either.
I guess most cyclists aren't (with the exception of Pozzovivo).
Benoot, Bardet, Guillaume Martin, Toft Madsen all have academic degrees as far as I know. Mollema should be quite the intellectual as well.

MAL should be pretty bright too, and I think Bernal had his eyes on an acadwmic career as well but was just too good to turn down the sport.

Edit: And if Michael Woods writes his diary entried on CN himself, then he's also to add to the list.
 
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
rghysens said:
El Pistolero said:
Kid got arrogant. He told media that Sky wasn't the problem during the boring Tour, but other teams were too afraid to attack.

Yeah, geez, I wonder why they didn't attack just to get chased down by 6 men of Sky.

Probably isn't very bright either.
I guess most cyclists aren't (with the exception of Pozzovivo).
Benoot, Bardet, Guillaume Martin, Toft Madsen all have academic degrees as far as I know. Mollema should be quite the intellectual as well.

MAL should be pretty bright too, and I think Bernal had his eyes on an acadwmic career as well but was just too good to turn down the sport.

Edit: And if Michael Woods writes his diary entried on CN himself, then he's also to add to the list.
And even those who aren't academically inclined might be bright in other ways.
Heck, certain parts of riding a bike requires smarts.
 
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
rghysens said:
El Pistolero said:
Kid got arrogant. He told media that Sky wasn't the problem during the boring Tour, but other teams were too afraid to attack.

Yeah, geez, I wonder why they didn't attack just to get chased down by 6 men of Sky.

Probably isn't very bright either.
I guess most cyclists aren't (with the exception of Pozzovivo).
Benoot, Bardet, Guillaume Martin, Toft Madsen all have academic degrees as far as I know. Mollema should be quite the intellectual as well.

MAL should be pretty bright too, and I think Bernal had his eyes on an acadwmic career as well but was just too good to turn down the sport.

Edit: And if Michael Woods writes his diary entried on CN himself, then he's also to add to the list.
Yves Lampaert has an agricultural bachelor as well. You could say he's just a farmer, but he went to university for it. ;)
 
Re:

El Pistolero said:
Kid got arrogant. He told media that Sky wasn't the problem during the boring Tour, but other teams were too afraid to attack.

Yeah, geez, I wonder why they didn't attack just to get chased down by 6 men of Sky.
Seriously, what do you expect him to say? That it's all their fault, that Brailsfort is an ass, that he wishes they screwed up? I have no love for Sky, and i would have liked Bernal to sign at another team, but expecting him to say anything else, or go against his team, as a 21 year old, only riding for Sky since last year...
 
Jul 16, 2010
16,254
0
0
Re: Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
El Pistolero said:
Kid got arrogant. He told media that Sky wasn't the problem during the boring Tour, but other teams were too afraid to attack.

Yeah, geez, I wonder why they didn't attack just to get chased down by 6 men of Sky.
Seriously, what do you expect him to say? That it's all their fault, that Brailsfort is an ***, that he wishes they screwed up? I have no love for Sky, and i would have liked Bernal to sign at another team, but expecting him to say anything else, or go against his team, as a 21 year old, only riding for Sky since last year...
The kid blames others for not attacking. He could've just said nothing at all or praised the strength of his team.

I doubt this kid would do anything outside of Sky anyway. When has a cyclist that left Sky ever been good again? Besides Viviani.
 
Re: Re:

El Pistolero said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
El Pistolero said:
Kid got arrogant. He told media that Sky wasn't the problem during the boring Tour, but other teams were too afraid to attack.

Yeah, geez, I wonder why they didn't attack just to get chased down by 6 men of Sky.
Seriously, what do you expect him to say? That it's all their fault, that Brailsfort is an ***, that he wishes they screwed up? I have no love for Sky, and i would have liked Bernal to sign at another team, but expecting him to say anything else, or go against his team, as a 21 year old, only riding for Sky since last year...
The kid blames others for not attacking. He could've just said nothing at all or praised the strength of his team.

I doubt this kid would do anything outside of Sky anyway. When has a cyclist that left Sky ever been good again? Besides Viviani.
gerrans, uran, rogers
 
Jul 22, 2017
147
0
0
Re: Re:

myrideissteelerthanyours said:
El Pistolero said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
El Pistolero said:
Kid got arrogant. He told media that Sky wasn't the problem during the boring Tour, but other teams were too afraid to attack.

Yeah, geez, I wonder why they didn't attack just to get chased down by 6 men of Sky.
Seriously, what do you expect him to say? That it's all their fault, that Brailsfort is an ***, that he wishes they screwed up? I have no love for Sky, and i would have liked Bernal to sign at another team, but expecting him to say anything else, or go against his team, as a 21 year old, only riding for Sky since last year...
The kid blames others for not attacking. He could've just said nothing at all or praised the strength of his team.

I doubt this kid would do anything outside of Sky anyway. When has a cyclist that left Sky ever been good again? Besides Viviani.
gerrans, uran, rogers
Hayman, Cataldo.
 
Re: Re:

El Pistolero said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
El Pistolero said:
Kid got arrogant. He told media that Sky wasn't the problem during the boring Tour, but other teams were too afraid to attack.

Yeah, geez, I wonder why they didn't attack just to get chased down by 6 men of Sky.
Seriously, what do you expect him to say? That it's all their fault, that Brailsfort is an ***, that he wishes they screwed up? I have no love for Sky, and i would have liked Bernal to sign at another team, but expecting him to say anything else, or go against his team, as a 21 year old, only riding for Sky since last year...
The kid blames others for not attacking. He could've just said nothing at all or praised the strength of his team.

I doubt this kid would do anything outside of Sky anyway. When has a cyclist that left Sky ever been good again? Besides Viviani.

yes, Viviani
Uran (Tour podium, Montreal race)
Hayman (Roubaix)
Gerrans (2 monuments)
Cummings (many WT stage wins)
Porte (TdSuisse, Romandie)
Cav (many Tour stages)
Rogers (Zoncolan stage, Luchon stage)
Nieve (Giro stage)
 
https://twitter.com/Eganbernal/status/1033155400756064258
Hola a todos quería contarles que ya me hicieron otra cirugía, me colocaron unos implantes y poco a poco esto va cogiendo forma, pronto estaré de nuevo entrenando con muchas ganas y con dientes nuevos .
Translate google -
Hello everyone, I wanted to tell you that I had another surgery, I had some implants and little by little this is taking shape, soon I will be training again with much desire and with new teeth.
Whatever you think of Team Sky & SDB, one can only hope for a full recovery for Egan - unless your jealous of his new teeth, then FY! :D
 
Re:

DNP-Old said:
Old news getting confirmed: new, 5-year, £12m deal for Egan with Sky.
hmm

NOt knowing the details of that contract, I don't quite understand the rationale behind signing such long term deal from Bernal's POV, because IF he delivers what his massive talent promises, then he'll be worth much more than that by the time big winnings arrive....
 
Re: Re:

hfer07 said:
DNP-Old said:
Old news getting confirmed: new, 5-year, £12m deal for Egan with Sky.
hmm

NOt knowing the details of that contract, I don't quite understand the rationale behind signing such long term deal from Bernal's POV, because IF he delivers what his massive talent promises, then he'll be worth much more than that by the time big winnings arrive....
I guess there might be a buy out, and if his market value skyrockets I'd think he could sign another extension for more money.

5 years is long, but I think he's making more than Dumoulin lol.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS