• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The official Egan Bernal is the new Egan Bernal thread

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

MatParker117 said:
luckyboy said:
He's still only 20. He just turned pro absurdly early. If Androni were invited to the Giro this year he would've been there, which would be too early imo

Could see him at the Vuelta next year.
If Bernal immediately responds to their training regime which very well could be since Savio raced him hard as well, I wouldn't be surprised if Sky even brings him to the Giro. There, he could be the annual guy that saves their Tour of Italy with the blue jersey once again.

I love Bernal's style on the bike: well composed, very fluid & how he's a bit of a grinder, rather than a spinner.
He's at 20 Y.o. without a doubt the most exciting promising cyclist in coming years IF SKY nurtures him proper....... That's my greatest concern about Bernal joining them, well knowing how the British team is ALL for UK riders while the foreigners get the left overs......

Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
Usually I think it's a good idea that neo-pros don't ride a GT in their first pro year, but in Bernal's case I think he could do it. Not that it will happen if he joins Sky though. What racing schedule would you like to see him do next year?

Mallorca, Abu Dhabi, Paris-Nice, Basque Country, Alps, California, TDS, Poland, Vuelta.

ouXP6J6.png

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
hfer07 said:
I love Bernal's style on the bike: well composed, very fluid & how he's a bit of a grinder, rather than a spinner.
He's at 20 Y.o. without a doubt the most exciting promising cyclist in coming years IF SKY nurtures him proper....... That's my greatest concern about Bernal joining them, well knowing how the British team is ALL for UK riders while the foreigners get the left overs......

Gaudu?

tristecsinamigos said:
janraaskalt said:
DNP-Old said:
Froome has confirmed his arrival at Sky: “No conozco a Egan Bernal, pero sé que es un corredor muy fuerte y con un gran futuro. Estoy muy contento de su fichaje por el Sky”
Does Froome speaks Spanish?

I saw that on tv. He used a mix of Italian and very basic Spanish.

He speaks enough Italian to curse at Spanish motorbikes...

9th in San Juan (6th on Alto Colorado), 1st in youth classification
7th in Langkawi (8th on Cameron Highlands)
5th in GP Industria & Artigianato
16th in Tirreno - Adriatico (13th on Terminillo, 11th to Fermo), 2nd in youth classification
4th in Coppi e Bartali, 1st in youth classification
2nd in Giro dell'Appennino
1st in Tour de Savoie (2 stage victories), 1st in youth classification
1st in Sibiu Tour (2 stage victories), 1st in youth classification
1st in Tour de'l Avenir (2 stage victories)
3rd in Memorial Marco Pantani
5th in Giro della Toscana, 1st in youth classification
13rd in Il Lombardia

Great season, really looking forward to next year. Vamos Egan!

Re:

DNP-Old said:
16th in Tirreno - Adriatico (13th on Terminillo, 11th to Fermo), 2nd in youth classification
13rd in Il Lombardia

Imagine it'll be:

TDU, Cadel, Abu Dhabi, Paris-Nice, Coppi, Ardennes, California, Suisse, Poland, Vuelta.

TMP402 said:
tristecsinamigos said:
janraaskalt said:
DNP-Old said:
Froome has confirmed his arrival at Sky: “No conozco a Egan Bernal, pero sé que es un corredor muy fuerte y con un gran futuro. Estoy muy contento de su fichaje por el Sky”
Does Froome speaks Spanish?

I saw that on tv. He used a mix of Italian and very basic Spanish.

He speaks enough Italian to curse at Spanish motorbikes...
Quite a polyglot he is then. I saw him speaking French during Tour de France team presentation once and he also seems to have a basic knowledge of Afrikaans.

MatParker117 said:
DNP-Old said:
13rd in Il Lombardia

Imagine it'll be:

TDU, Cadel, Abu Dhabi, Paris-Nice, Coppi, Ardennes, California, Suisse, Poland, Vuelta.

I am sure he will ride Colombia Paz y Oro.

http://www.eldiario.com.co/seccion/DEPORTES/los-mejores-ciclistas-del-mundo-pasar-n-por-risaralda1710.html

TRENDING THREADS