• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The official Egan Bernal is the new Egan Bernal thread

Page 96 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Shut!!
Again. They had a near miss last week with Carapaz. They almost finished Quintana's career and now they want to finish Bernal's career.

It says that he is not seriously injured but that he was involved in an accident.

They didn't have a near miss last week. At least not if you're referring to that lame video on CN. If that's a close call, then I'm close to death five times a day.

Also, it sounds like this was a parked bus that he rode into.

But I do find the text of the Tweet strange. How is it a serious accident if he is not really hurt?

Reactions: Sandisfan
A Columbia news source reported that Bernal only suffered "minor injuries". Let's hope so and that this won't put a hamper on his early season plans and goals. It's never good for cycling when riders sustain inujuries during training, all the more so as far as fans are concerend when a big name gets hurt. Since you always want to see the best in top shape battling it out in the races and may the best man win.

Get well soon Egan.

Shut!!
Again. They had a near miss last week with Carapaz. They almost finished Quintana's career and now they want to finish Bernal's career.

It says that he is not seriously injured but that he was involved in an accident.
They? Usually when someone crashes into a parked bus, it's their own fault. No idea who 'they' would refer to here.

The news that he isn't injured heavily is a relief at least.

Someone over at CN very helpfully pointing out the bus!

272154146_10158695009844492_3279916547651691988_n.jpg

It's probably more the big dent in the bus that's being pointed out.

He's apparently set to undergo surgery in the next few hours. I hate to say it but this has the makings of another injury-ruined season, let's at least hope for a full recovery...

I think the latter is the bigger priority than the former. Do we have good examples of cyclists successfully coming back from broken femur (that required immediate surgery, i.e. probably heavy trauma)? I'm worrying about Beloki / Froome level impact here...

On some level happy that the bus appeared to be stationary i.e. not the cause of the crash.

• Wow
I think the latter is the bigger priority than the former. Do we have good examples of cyclists successfully coming back from broken femur (that required immediate surgery, i.e. probably heavy trauma)? I'm worrying about Beloki / Froome level impact here...

On some level happy that the bus appeared to be stationary i.e. not the cause of the crash.
Taylor Phinney was never the same again. Contador broke his leg (fibula is the “easiest” leg break to recover from) at the 2014 Tour and came back and won the Vuelta that same year and Giro the next.

So somewhere between those 2 stories would be a reasonable expectation.

• Wow

TRENDING THREADS