• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The official Wilco Kelderman is the new Merckx-thread

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Maaaaaaaarten said:
So the question this TDF will be: can Kelderman get enough time on Wiggins in the mountains?

With Gesink, Mollema and Kruijswijk Rabobank have the strongest mountain domestiques: TAWK should be able to pressure Wiggo in the mountains.

Gesink just twittered that he intends to win a couple of races before everybody will be pulling for Wilco

nevermind

9d69cd3cdfbba2be6af25160f798f346_view.jpg

I like this one. He has passed 2 riders @ 21k was the added comment.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Azabael said:
If you thereby assume the Schlecks are his favorite riders, you might want to work on your selective reading condition.

It was the only source I could find of him saying something about the Schlecks, but I remembered him saying it somewhere else. Plus I couldn't find anything about other riders he may like, so it seemed the most logical he liked Andy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Arnout said:
Of course not, guy is not good enough to ride in the Tour and that's the only reason he became a "hero". I would be ashamed to be known only for something that I can't do.

Hard to detect sarcasm, uh?

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Arnout said:
Not really, but the fact that we're even talking about Van Hummel is blasphemy.

It's the same reason why Hoogerland was almost knighted last summer. In the absence of good results - in especially the Tour de France - people look for such kind of things.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Der Effe said:
It's the same reason why Hoogerland was almost knighted last summer. In the absence of good results - in especially the Tour de France - people look for such kind of things.

Hoogerlands heroics are a little different to van hummels tho. :p

Der Effe said:

The Hoogerland case is a bit different to me, as what happened was beyond his control, and he was a class act after it.

Van Hummel was just pathetic and if he would've taken himself seriously, he would've pulled out after the first mountain stage.

theyoungest said:
Van Hummel rode entire mountain stages on his own... I dare you to do the same. Guys like Napolitano already abandoned, he just soldiered on.

I won't be able to do it, I can tell you that. That's besides the point.

Point is, he was willingly proving every day he was by far the worst contender in that Tour de France. If I was in his shoes I would be ashamed of myself, pull out and try to get better or compete on a lower level.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Arnout said:
The Hoogerland case is a bit different to me, as what happened was beyond his control, and he was a class act after it.

Van Hummel was just pathetic and if he would've taken himself seriously, he would've pulled out after the first mountain stage.

It clearly is different, but my point's still the same. With more success you woudn't have heard so much about it. People talked about Hoogerland if he just single handedly solved the problem between Palestine and Israel.

TRENDING THREADS