• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The one and only Álvaro Hodeg thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Didnt know he had a serious car accident (i understand not cycling related) two monts ago. Five surgeries and two pending.

He wont race 2022 i think. The UAE colombian sprinters going through bad times.

He what? I knew about him being injured - it's the reason the team temporarily extended Richeze - but I wasn't aware it was because of a car accident.

Or... did he get injured again?

Apparently, it's news that he can ride a bike. It sounds like a horrible period he has been having.

Apparently, it's news that he can ride a bike. It sounds like a horrible period he has been having.

Thank you for linking the article.

Iljo Keisse said in a podcast 2 months ago that he does not expect to see Hodeg back at a high level ever again so yeah that says something about his situation.

Last edited:
Oh my. I mean, I think Keisse and Hodeg never got along well, but he might be right. I am so sorry for Hodeg. I feel so sad.

Keisse actually was very positive about Hodeg as a person so I don't know about that.
And it was a podcast from 2 months ago and I don't think they have daily or even monthly contact so his situation could be better now (hopefully).

TRENDING THREADS