• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The one and only official job/school thread

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Just saw this thread after years of being here, it's nice learning about so many of you! I graduated with a painting/printmaking degree, went left-brain after paying off student debt, and have been a civil-engineering designer for the last 20 years. I'll be returning to school this spring for studies for a statistics/mathematics double. Which probably means I'll go back to etching and oil-paints after that debt is paid :p

Good career choice? Sex doll cleaner?
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/sex-doll-price-rental-brothels-747869/
Then comes the cleanup. On a busy day, employees at Aura Dolls may have only one frenzied hour to clean and prep the doll for her next session.

“It’s kind of like a race,” Lee says, and the employees have been practicing. First, the doll is placed underneath a shower and washed with soap and warm water. Then, its orifices are blasted with a pressure cleaner filled with special disinfectant and penetrated with a UVC, germ-killing lamp that’s “shaped like a dildo,” according to Lee. Then, the doll is rushed back into the room to be dressed, have her hair done, and get any makeup touch-ups that might be needed before the next customer shows up.

Just saw this thread. Didn't realize how young so many of you are. Graduated college with two BA degrees, one in broadcasting and one in history. Of course I don't work in either field. I work as a vendor, although one of my employers is a large multimedia company. I graduated college in Dec 1999.

Just came here to say that the uni exam system in Turkey is not good. 2,5 million people enter the exam and being good enough to crack first 2900 people apparently isn't good enough to get a CS (Computer Science) in top 3 government unis in Turkey for CS. (By government unis I mean free ones) (For government unis with CS the others are not good)
Luckily I won a %50 scholarship at one of the best private unis in Turkey for CS.(There are 2 or 3 very good private unis in Turkey others are mostly not good) (And to get a half scholarship in CS in those 2 private universities you still need to crack first 3600-3800 or so at worst) so I think my future is looking pretty good (and the abroad opportunities for my uni is excellent maybe even better than some of those 3 government unis) (and I'm planning to have my masters abroad and live abroad in the future because future in this country doesn't look very good)

Oh, and I almost forgot that I got graduated from one of the best highschools in Turkey in June.

Cool thread, exposing the fact that Red Rick has developed from a smiley abuser that would make Broccolidwarf envious into his wise and gloomy current self in just a few years (maybe related to the career ups and downs of a certain Scotsman) - AND that he is probably a year younger than me :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rick

M1ndControl

BANNED
Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
Cool thread, guys all life is a challenge . Follow your dreams, would say a saying or a guru. Lol, we all try to follow our dreams but we encounter as well some hard times like this one, COVID! Dude, I was so depressed when I lost my job. I worked as an event planner. I have two passion, math and cycling. that was a job that helped me to survive. Now, I'm taking Cisco courses, who had passed the exam knows how tricky are the questions. I'm reading them and I look so stupid when I'm wondering wtf is this. spotoclub.com these guys provided all questions, so I'm prepared to pass it and get a job.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023
Visit site
I totally understand how life can throw some unexpected challenges our way. The pandemic has definitely been a tough time for many, and it's great to see your determination to overcome it. It's awesome that you're pursuing your passion for math and cycling while also exploring new opportunities like Cisco courses.

If you're confident that dumpsmate.com provides authentic exam questions and it's helping you prepare effectively, that's great! Just remember to stay focused on your goal, and keep studying, and I'm sure you'll do well on your Cisco exam. Best of luck, and keep following your dreams! You've got this!

Considered doing this earlier...

I'm a student of English and Communication at Århus School of Business (ASB). My evil plan for world domination is to become a translator!

So, yeah... my plan for world domination did not work out.
After getting significantly delayed in writing my BA - mostly due to a various smaller-ish mental breakdowns - I finally had a major mental breakdown while in the process of writing said BA, and decided to drop out of Uni.
Then I did various other things - had another mental breakdown that required me to take a break from doing things - got cleared for FLEX (basically a progamme that allows disabled people to work shorter hours), and now I work as a cleaner.
I do not have any plans for world domination.

• Sad
Reactions: SHAD0W93

After getting significantly delayed in writing my BA - mostly due to a various smaller-ish mental breakdowns - I finally had a major mental breakdown while in the process of writing said BA, and decided to drop out of Uni.
Then I did various other things - had another mental breakdown that required me to take a break from doing things - got cleared for FLEX (basically a progamme that allows disabled people to work shorter hours), and now I work as a cleaner.

I'm sorry that happened to you, but things are/will hopefully get better for you over time.

My brother did manage to become a translator, but that hasn't led him to world domination either (yet), so I don't think you should feel too bad about that. I'm sure you'll be able to gain at least some power over other people in the future.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
I'm sorry that happened to you, but things are/will hopefully get better for you over time.

My brother did manage to become a translator, but that hasn't led him to world domination either (yet), so I don't think you should feel too bad about that. I'm sure you'll be able to gain at least some power over other people in the future.

Well... I guess world domination is a bit hard when you keep having mental breakdowns...

When did you have world domination. Missed that bit... coz I don't remember some random Danish guy briefly having world domination.

I can show you the highlight reel, but know you would have preferred to watch it live.

I did have a bit ifpower at some point, but my own personal demons put an end to that. Nowadays I only really have influence when I count votes at political elections, which might sound scary to you considering how bad I've been at tracking the results in my prediction game 😅

Damn, I hope you're doing better and taking care of yourself.