The Patrick Lefevere Depreciation Thread

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
To be fair, who doesn't have any doubts about Evenepoel's ability to win the TDF next year, in light of his inability this year to arrive at a GT with full preparation and then complete it? Even Remco doesn't know his own ceiling.

Journalists just like to jump on everything Pat says because it gets you guys inflamed and there's nothing else to write about this time of year. And they have extra license to stir the pot because they can translate it into English in whatever way they choose.

To be fair, who doesn't have any doubts about Evenepoel's ability to win the TDF next year, in light of his inability this year to arrive at a GT with full preparation and then complete it? Even Remco doesn't know his own ceiling.

Journalists just like to jump on everything Pat says because it gets you guys inflamed and there's nothing else to write about this time of year. And they have extra license to stir the pot because they can translate it into English in whatever way they choose.
TBF, it's usually Evenepoel who gets his interview taken out of context and used as clickbait. Lefevre goes out of his way to talk smack and writes a column for a newspaper...

Jurgen Foré - new COO (Chief Operating Officer) at Soudal-QS - and he's excited!
https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...tep-coo-he-is-a-man-that-has-an-impressive-cv
...Foré will "carry out the daily management of the organisation, assist CEO Patrick Lefevere in general management, determining an operating budget, and with the search for sufficient funding from sponsors and other revenue opportunities."

“I am excited because for me it is things coming together – I was a cyclist up to the age of 23, where life made me make some other choices. I went for a different professional career, in consulting, which means that I can now combine my love for cycling with my professional experience," comments the man himself. "I am passionate about getting the best out of a team and organisation, and it all comes together in this role, which is a unique opportunity that excites me.”

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan and xo 1