• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The real Tennis thread.

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
As of yesterday. I'm a huge fan of Marcus Willis. He was the lowest ranked player to get into the qualifying tournament of the qualifying tournament, and tomorrow he'll play Roger Federer after winning 7 straight matches. Saw his press conference, super cool guy.

Re:

movingtarget said:
Kyrgios and Murray should be a good match up depending on which Kyrgios turns up on the day and whether he lets distractions get to him.

I agree, should be an amazing match. I'm a big fan of both, but I hope Murray pulls through on this one because this is a huge chance for him to finally win another slam after 3 years.

Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
movingtarget said:
Kyrgios and Murray should be a good match up depending on which Kyrgios turns up on the day and whether he lets distractions get to him.

I agree, should be an amazing match. I'm a big fan of both, but I hope Murray pulls through on this one because this is a huge chance for him to finally win another slam after 3 years.

Well with Nadal and Djoko out Murray will see it as a lost opportunity if he doesn't win.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Red Rick said:
movingtarget said:

Matter of taste, clearly.
Both Kyrgios and Murray represent the drift away from traditional tennis etiquettes.
A bloody shame in my opinion.

sniper said:
Red Rick said:
movingtarget said:

Matter of taste, clearly.
Both Kyrgios and Murray represent the drift away from traditional tennis etiquettes.
A bloody shame in my opinion.
A lot of Kyrgios is blown out of proportion. He's barely done anything wrong this year. Murray just whines and screams at himself, he's basically sabotaging himself. Tennis needs more players with personality. If tennis is gonna be dominated by players who act like Raonic the future of tennis doesn't look too bright

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Tennis is one of the few sports where skill and the game itself is enough for it to be good entertainment. No need for manufactured WWE -like drama.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Tennis is one of the few sports where skill and the game itself is enough for it to be good entertainment. No need for manufactured WWE -like drama.
agreed.

Edberg was one of the most boring players around, character-wise, but a joy it was to watch him serve volley.
Boring Pete same story.
Federer, too quiet according to some, but I'd switch on the tv for him anytime.
I don't really care to watch Nadal, Murray or Djoker, unless they play Federer.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site

sniper said:
SeriousSam said:
agreed.

Edberg was one of the most boring players around, character-wise, but a joy it was to watch him serve volley.
Boring Pete same story.
Federer, too quiet according to some, but I'd switch on the tv for him anytime.
I don't really care to watch Nadal, Murray or Djoker, unless they play Federer.

Exactly how I feel.

Quite the scare for Murray there. Couldn't quite dismantle Tsonga as he did with Kyrgios. Should dispose of Birdman easily enough as he doesn't have the tools to hurt Murray

Tsonga is really awesome though, still signing stuff and going on pictures after such a tough loss.

TRENDING THREADS