• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The real Tennis thread.

Page 57 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 9, 2020
Visit site
Yeah I think we will see many sports events without spectators in the near future. Corona is going around the world and tennis matches are affected too. But as long as the players can play their tourneys and I can bet with gamblinghero.com on the matches it's ok for me.

Last edited:
I tried to ask my dad (who unfortunately suffers of vascular dementia, but nonetheless still follows tennis), why Djokovic had defaulted or had been outright DQed. Dad couldn't verbalize, but for those of you not suffering of dementia please explain.
He hit a ball away cause he was annoyed with himself then accidentally hit the line judge (or ball girl?) on the throat and who went down and it created a big drama.

Just last week a player got only a warning for hitting a cameraman, so in the end it all boils down to how much fuss the person makes, and I've been hit in much harder than that tbh.

I watched a part of the Coric-Zverev match. It was a terrible match. So many errors, double faults (Zverev again in the dougle digits in that department), pushing, etc. I don't know how Zverev is ranked so high. His serve is ok when it's in but for a tall guy he pushes way more than he attacks. Coric was the better player in all four sets, but won only one of them. He lost so many opportunities, not because of Zverev's pay, but because he choked.

If this is the 'future of tennis' then I am afraid we are in for a long period of dullness. Had Federer been healthy and playing in New York, I think he would have made it to the Semis, easily. Djokovic was on his way to the title before the lineswoman incident. Nadal preparing for RG. Wawrinka also preparing for RG. Murray still recovering from the injuries and surgeries. Cilic probably going to pack it in soon at almost 32. Del Potro always injured.

The oldest guy in the draw is Carreno Busta, at 29. I am not really hugely impressed with anyone of these last remaining players so far. I hope Medvedev wins the title because he's likely played the best out of all them so far and he narrowly lost to Nadal in a 5 setter in the final last year.

I watched a part of the Coric-Zverev match. It was a terrible match. So many errors, double faults (Zverev again in the dougle digits in that department), pushing, etc. I don't know how Zverev is ranked so high. His serve is ok when it's in but for a tall guy he pushes way more than he attacks. Coric was the better player in all four sets, but won only one of them. He lost so many opportunities, not because of Zverev's pay, but because he choked.

If this is the 'future of tennis' then I am afraid we are in for a long period of dullness. Had Federer been healthy and playing in New York, I think he would have made it to the Semis, easily. Djokovic was on his way to the title before the lineswoman incident. Nadal preparing for RG. Wawrinka also preparing for RG. Murray still recovering from the injuries and surgeries. Cilic probably going to pack it in soon at almost 32. Del Potro always injured.

The oldest guy in the draw is Carreno Busta, at 29. I am not really hugely impressed with anyone of these last remaining players so far. I hope Medvedev wins the title because he's likely played the best out of all them so far and he narrowly lost to Nadal in a 5 setter in the final last year.
Zverev hasn't played like a top 30 player all tournament and has just gotten outchoked a few times and he shouldn't lose to Carreno Busta ever anyway. Just retreat 4m behind the baseline push every shot at 90kph then brag to journalists you beat the Big 3 once.

Now Thiem is supposedly injured.

TRENDING THREADS