• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The reasons

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
named after a track on my fave artists Autechre's Untilted album, some epic techno tracks on there and sublimit one of my favorite ones.

Avatar - Chris Froome at the TOC, wrapped up against the cold.. I've had a few others but settled on this one.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
L'arriviste said:

thanks yes, sometimes need to listen to some of their tracks a few times till you understand them particularly the Draft lp. Untilted and Oversteps are pretty awsome albums, Tri Repetae another good one.

I also love a lot of the techno stuff from like AFX, LFO, Plaid, Arovane The Black Dog and few others.. probably loads of groups I've never heard out there i need to find also.

sublimit said:
thanks yes, sometimes need to listen to some of their tracks a few times till you understand them particularly the Draft lp. Untilted and Oversteps are pretty awsome albums, Tri Repetae another good one.

I also love a lot of the techno stuff from like AFX, LFO, Plaid, Arovane The Black Dog and few others.. probably loads of groups I've never heard out there i need to find also.

Yeah! :) I used to be more into that Detroit sound (Mills, Craig, Saunderson, May, Atkins, Larkin, Pullen, Octave One, UR, etc) and European stuff from Tresor, Harthouse, Music Man etc, but I always loved the homegrown, probably more musically intelligent stuff on Peacefrog, Warp and Soma too. /Chinstroking ;)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
My name is self explanatory.

My sig:

It's a quote from Armstrong after the stage where Andy Schleck stuffed his gear up. The part below is a parody from LOTR. Someone else on this forum thought of it and I tweaked it a little just cause I like to make fun of the chain incident.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
they say no man can beat him.

BUT WADA IS NO MAN

A bunch of old men who are half demented and take forever to make a verdict and in the process let people like Kolobnev go free because they're too busy with a fight they can't handle. Does that sound about right?

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
My first name is Angus and as noone on the forum seemed to have that name as a user name I thought I'd use it as it would be easy for me to remember. The minimum length of usernames on this forum is six characters so I added a capital W on the end. My surname starts with a W so I thought that would also be easy for me to remember.

My avatar is almost the only digital photo I have of me cycling so I used that as I don't have any particular favourite photos of famous cyclists.

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
Too many passwords and such... I was dinking around on this forum as I had to post my first opinion in the clinic....and I already had mewmew13 as a username on tripadvisor so just making it easy for my brain.
As I was trying to register it kept spitting back and saying 'name already taken' ???!
I got a little irritated and just kept adding 'mews'...oh well. Then I found out I couldn't really alter my username after that...
meh
:p

at least it's different

Your username reminds me of the Cure's 1987 album "Kiss me, Kiss me, Kiss me", which seems to have a theme of lines running in threes, like the album title, the song title "Hot Hot Hot!!!" and the line from Just like Heaven "Show me, show me, show me...". The Cure also had a song called "The Love Cats" on a different album.

I did wonder if there was some Cure fanaticism that was behind your username, but it seems like it was a coincidence.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Username: It came from a compliment someone gave me while I pedaled my mountain bike uphill. The K in the word cadence is a reference to my initial.
Avatar: It merges my love for cycling and Italian art.

I don't have a signature, haven't found anything that really strikes me.

AngusW said:
Your username reminds me of the Cure's 1987 album "Kiss me, Kiss me, Kiss me", which seems to have a theme of lines running in threes, like the album title, the song title "Hot Hot Hot!!!" and the line from Just like Heaven "Show me, show me, show me...". The Cure also had a song called "The Love Cats" on a different album.

I did wonder if there was some Cure fanaticism that was behind your username, but it seems like it was a coincidence.

cool! I DO like the Cure...
my name seems connected to music. :)

now that you mention it there are many soundbites that come in threes...must be lucky

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok I can not stand it anymore, my last name is not Oldbornović (what kind a name is it??) anyway
I just do not know, oldborn is something that I can not explain by any means but I beleive that we are 9 months older than we actually are.

P.S. You really thought Oldbornović is my name, you sucks:D Sorry! I mean Abramovič ok, but Oldbornović jesus.

mewmewmew13 said:
cool! I DO like the Cure...
my name seems connected to music. :)

now that you mention it there are many soundbites that come in threes...must be lucky

and here's me thinking that you were just a cat person... ;)

as for me, user name is football related and the username I've used elsewhere.
avatar is simply my favourite race

oldborn said:
Ok I can not stand it anymore, my last name is not Oldbornović (what kind a name is it??) anyway
I just do not know, oldborn is something that I can not explain by any means but I beleive that we are 9 months older than we actually are.

P.S. You really thought Oldbornović is my name, you sucks:D Sorry! I mean Abramovič ok, but Oldbornović jesus.

oldborn you are wacky. :D
I knew that was not your name...

maybe you were born old...like some people are old souls...
is that true?? :p

archibald...JUST a cat person. :eek: wow

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
oldborn you are wacky. :D
I knew that was not your name...

maybe you were born old...like some people are old souls...
is that true?? :p

archibald...JUST a cat person. :eek: wow

Maybe mew, transcendental energy vampires are all over the place.

My real name is Count Oldbornovsky:D

The name is a pun, based on the libertine behaviour of riders for Liberty Seguros (both Spanish and Portuguese). Acting without moral restraint indeed.

The signature is, unsurprisingly, a tribute to Xavier Tondó, who was one of my favourite riders.

The avatar is the latest in a long line, which has included Tondó in Portugal, "Pity 4 Piti" inscribed over a picture of Valverde when he rode for Kelme, Sinkewitz winning a stage in Portugal, Marta Bastianelli's profile picture for Fenixs when she returned, Bernhard Kohl in the polka dot jersey looking like a gormless idiot, German biathlon stars Magdalena Neuner and Miriam Gößner dressed up like Bavarian dirndls because, well, they are Bavarian dirndls, Tondó winning in Catalunya, Darya Domracheva on a cycling tour in Sardinia, and finally Valverde ahead of Evans, the natural order of things. It will probably change again soon.

TRENDING THREADS