• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 103 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
An article i missed some time ago:

Remco Evenepoel: The peloton’s perspective

so, how many watts for 3min for him?? 650?

View: https://youtu.be/PQosZmA49XQ

So, i don't think they're gonna tell us the numbers. Still interesting though, is what Campenaerts said about the day he crashed trying to follow Evenepoel in the Baloise Belgium Tour 2019. He said he was pushing numbers, that normally would have been what you need to push, in order to go solo, in a race like BBT. The difference being, he was pushing them in Remco's wheel, meaning Remco must have been pushing considerably bigger numbers even. He also mentioned you don't get that much advantage from sitting in Remco's wheel (compared to other riders i imagine), because he's small and aero... but Campenaerts himself is only 2cm taller, and also one of the most aero guys in the peloton, so he still should have gotten a considerable advantage compared to Evenepoel.

Last edited:
Reactions: red_flanders
Dauphine/Lombardia clash could really open the racing up for surprises with some domestiques getting unexpected chances at glory in a monument where they would normally be a key helper instead. Overall team depth will be weaker as well making it more likely that team leaders get isolated a long way out and long range attacks have a greater chance of sticking with that style of racing sure to benefit the chances of Remco.

I would like to him riding more Italian classics but I guess he is really committed with the Giro goal.

I suppose Tirreno and the World Championships will still be in his schedule during September.
Right. That would complete it nicely.
The only major races that he has to drop are the national championships, Flèche Wallonne and LBL.
I hope they will all take place.

Apparently Deceuninck-QS isn't one of the 12 WT-teams picked by the organisation the ride the Vuelta a Burgos, so his program is already outdated. I can't really think of any alternatives to ride at that time apart from some 2.1 race like Sibiu Cycling Tour.

Last edited:
Apparently Deceuninck-QS isn't one of the 12 WT-teams picked by the organisation the ride the Vuelta a Burgos, so his program is already outdated. I can't really think of any alternatives to ride at that time apart from some 2.1 race like Sibiu Cycling Tour.
I think this is Wielerflits BS'ing again. They quoted an article, from two weeks ago, which was older than the one where QuickStep revealed Evenepoel would ride Burgos.

They don't even give a source, which is even worse than what WF is doing. This is, as far as i can see, the original source for the "12 WT teams" news:

No QuickStep, dated 12th of June... a week before QuickStep revealed Evenepoel's schedule.

Reactions: Bonimenier
The program of Richard Carapaz is mostly identical to Evenepoels.
Burgos, Poland, Tirreno (I expect to see Remco there as well) and the Giro of course.
He could also be a podium candidate for the World Championships road race.

Burgos is going to be interesting. The opposition is the strongest he's ever faced (Carapaz, Yates brothers, Mas, Quintana, Landa, Majka, Valverde, Sosa, etc...) and the finish on the Picon Blanco looks particularly brutal.
https://forum.cyclingnews.com/threads/2019-vuelta-a-burgos-13-17-aug.34759/

If anyone has the stage details of this year's edition, I'd love to know.

TRENDING THREADS