The Sam Bennett Discussion Thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Alaphilippe is apparently not defending his MSR title.

Could that mean a fully committed QS train behind Bennett in Sanremo? It's gonna be tough to catch the Van Der Poel but I do think Bennett has a great chance if it comes down to a reduced sprit.

Cavendish, Kittel, Gaviria, Viviani, Bennett have all taken victories in their first race for Quickstep right?

You know what, I just check it myself...
  • Cavendish won his very first raceday in Argentina in 2013
  • Gaviria won a stage at the Tour of Britain as a stagiaire '15 and then in 2016 won his first 2 days with a QS pro contract
  • Kittel won his very first day in a QS jersey in Dubai in 2016
  • Viviani won a stage in Australia just like Bennett, although it was "only" the third one and not the opening day. Still first race...
They really know how to get their sprinters off to a good start. Building confidence and from there it often just steamrolls through the season.

Oct 31, 2018
Alaphilippe is apparently not defending his MSR title.

Could that mean a fully committed QS train behind Bennett in Sanremo? It's gonna be tough to catch the Van Der Poel but I do think Bennett has a great chance if it comes down to a reduced sprit.
Tbh I think not riding MSR is a choice of Alaphilippe himself. He chose another scedule this year, that includes Flanders and hence has to cut out other races. Having won MSR last year, it seems the easy choice.

This being said, they have other riders to follow attacks on the Poggio like Stybar and I personally expect big things from Ballerini this year.

ASK THE COMMUNITY