• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Sam Bennett Discussion Thread

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Man, Lefevere is one cranky dude.

Would love to read the inside story on what really went down...

Although sprinters are becoming like running backs in American football. There's always a new kid on the block; the strategic value has been diminishing for decades; and they're prone to injuries.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Seriously, that translator couldn't find a better translation than "playing with my balls"? I'll just fall with the door in the house then and say he should find another job, because he just fell through the basket. Let's hope the donkey doesn't hit the same stone twice.

All craziness on a little stick, i guess it's funny to translate expressions and sayings like that, but this one is out there in "WTF" territory.

Seriously, that translator couldn't find a better translation than "playing with my balls"? I'll just fall with the door in the house then and say he should find another job, because he just fell through the basket. Let's hope the donkey doesn't hit the same stone twice.

All craziness on a little stick, i guess it's funny to translate expressions and sayings like that, but this one is out there in "WTF" territory.
Even if it’s a common expression, and an over-literal translation, I think the whole thing is fantastic and I can only hope it gets more and more confusing.

Would that be something like leck mich an Kloeten? Or is it leck meine Eier?

I'm trying to think about what Lefevre would have said in German, my German is very rusty though and the combined imagery of Lefevre, Bennet, and Kloeten is rather unsavory.

Let's say it's difficult to persue this discussion here without getting banned, but your German is not that rusty. :D

Not withstanding the usual amount of garbage from Lefevre - if the EC-participation is a ploy to keep his salary from being reduced then chapeau! That will hurt Pat way more than stooping down to his level.
Why should "Pat" be hurt. No doubt it's the best team manager (ever). Caring for his riders. And creating a fantastic atmosphere in the team. But the behaviour of Bennett is shameful. No communication at all since months. He didn't even report if he had surgery on his knee. He won't let the team know if he's training, let alone sharing his data. But he is now paid every month without riding, while no one knows what he's doing. And now he is suddenly going to participate in the European championship, again without giving any sign of life. The only reason he he will start is to be without competition within three months. So, he could be payed another three months. A really cowardly attitude. And what to think of the attitude of the Irish Cycling Federation ? They known Bennett is not able to compete. But they still select him.

But hey, in the end Bennett punishes himself. Months without competition. Returning in 2022 to a team where he could not settle before. And one year older, already in the 30. I don't think Bennett will reach the top level again... especially not with this unprofessional attitude

Reactions: Carrick-On-Seine
I'm really confused. I thought it was Lefevere who'd decided not to select Bennett for any further races, and surely that shouldn't prevent Bennett from racing the European Championships for Ireland.

It wasn't Lefevre who stopped Bennett from racing. Bennett hasn't been heard from for months now. And not responding mails and letters from his team. And then, suddenly, announcing his participation at the Europeans.... The only reason is that he is afraid of not racing for three months, and not being paid anymore. So, he made a deal with the Irish Cycling Federation.
Too bad that the Irish federation is playing this dirty game.

TRENDING THREADS