• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The twilight zone called Portugal.

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
BigMac said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Absolutely hilarious. This is just taking the p1ss.

It's every year the same thing.

People who keep watching that farse are part of the problem. **** that race and **** portuguese cycling.

Dead *** tired of this ****** band of criminals. Arrest them all. They give you the sanctimonious crap on TV as if all this is within the realm of normal. Hypocrites, liars, thugs. Disgusting.

And then there are the braindead fans who'll trash you just for suggesting riders are dirty. Jesus, this country is really dumb.

Please, please, let this race die. No more threads.
Idunno, I thought this was pretty special even by Volta standards.

I guess. What I mean is that next year we'll see something even more ridiculous and be back with the same outrage. :) I will.

Ricco' said:
Mayomaniac said:
Have you heard the Nocentini story?
Yesterday he got tested, but they didn't know where to store the B sample, so they just gave it back to him, making the whole test meaningless because of the missing B sample.
Source: http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/2017/08/...-sorpresa-antidoping-provetta-tuttobiciweb.it
According to La Gazzetta they acted like total amateurs, his teammate marwue also got tested and they had to sting him 3 times before they were able to get some blood.

And Jesus Ezquerra's comment on Nocentini's instagram? :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXua2cdj-R871Au4HhEVmkxMaU-Mv6hjE2nyrY0/

"They eliminate our leader, they don't want us to win". Speaking about Joni Brandão? :lol:

Lmao. This is brilliant. Nice catch.

As much as I'm happy about the great Antunes winning and showing his talent (It is obvious he is doping, but he destroyed the Volta a Futuro on Sao Macario and was noticed by some people who were disappointed it took so long to get to a good level) yet again, his chances of going to a PCT or WT team decrease considerably with this result. :(
But hey, that's what you get when you do it so ridiculously. :eek:
Also I thought Balarcon was fading yestreday after flying since Asturias but he proved me wrong. He is not even close to fading. :eek:

EDIT: Made an edit to explain what I was trying to mean by talent since ofc he's obviously doped.

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
This has been the most unbelievable and hilarious race to follow on Pro Cycling Stats and twitter. I've gone back and read this entire thread and its magnificent! It's like a little slice of the 90s kept and protected for our amusement!

absolutely Netserk, predictable progression
graphRiderHistory.asp

That should be a game. Design a stage to look like various riders' CQ career progressions.

Balarcón's would be a Unipuerto stage from Llanes or Cangas to Angliru with only like Padrún or something like that as obstacles before the beast. Froome to 2016 is a flat first half, then a long brutal climb then a medium-size descent and a second, more gradual climb. Maybe climbing from Spain into Andorra, with the HC Collada de la Gallina then a more gradual MTF somewhere like Pal.

Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
That should be a game. Design a stage to look like various riders' CQ career progressions.

Balarcón's would be a Unipuerto stage from Llanes or Cangas to Angliru with only like Padrún or something like that as obstacles before the beast. Froome to 2016 is a flat first half, then a long brutal climb then a medium-size descent and a second, more gradual climb. Maybe climbing from Spain into Andorra, with the HC Collada de la Gallina then a more gradual MTF somewhere like Pal.

Freddy Maertens: 1988 Giro stage 1b (time trial from the top of the Poggio to the MSR finish line)

Dekker_Tifosi said:
While Sagan would be more like Qinghai Lake. A climb to a high level, and then a plateau that lasts forever

Did you time travel from 2030 to warn us, or are you thinking of Valverde?

Re:

Netserk said:
Still, some of you are acting like all his results before this year were as bad as Froome's before the Vuelta '11. Last year in the Volta he was already very strong, although obviously not as good as he is now.
Exactly. What you're doing is saying that Froome's 2011 Romandie and 14th place in that 2008 Tour de France ITT totally make what came next plausible.

Which has been done, but not by many people other than Taxus.

Re: Re:

hrotha said:
Netserk said:
Still, some of you are acting like all his results before this year were as bad as Froome's before the Vuelta '11. Last year in the Volta he was already very strong, although obviously not as good as he is now.
Exactly. What you're doing is saying that Froome's 2011 Romandie and 14th place in that 2008 Tour de France ITT totally make what came next plausible.

Which has been done, but not by many people other than Taxus.
No. All I wrote was that his jump in performance wasn't as big as Froome's, which some people act like.

Last year he was 4th in the Volta. Now he is dominating. His time on Senhora Da Graça improved by 52'', which is a lot. Still, his time there last year (when he was 4th) was better than several winning times from the years before. Implausible improvement, yes; as big an improvement as that of Froome, no.

At least it doesn't seem like he also has improved his TT ;)

So if I was to rank the most obvious/in-your-face dopers of this decade, I'd have Froome ahead of Alarcón. Horner would be up there as well.

TRENDING THREADS