• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The twilight zone called Portugal.

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wait what? I thought the raids leaked just before the start was a Tour de France thing.

But since we got August in July, does that mean we're getting July in August?!

I mean, we've always known that the Volta a Portugal was a race taking place in the 90s but taking place today, but now it seems like they're having the Festina Affair in 2022 too?!

Reactions: Lui98
Same for Francisco Campos who left last year. Let's see if that's the pattern being followed here. If it is, and since Glassdrive was also searched, Reis and Carvalho could be next. I doubt it tho.

Btw, Campos has confessed "not following the internal regulations" and has been fired already.
Reis was actually pretty normal and tame at W52. Funny, I always espected him to become the next Volta gc monster and then Moreira stole his thunder...

Reis was actually pretty normal and tame at W52. Funny, I always espected him to become the next Volta gc monster and then Moreira stole his thunder...
If, and like I said I'm not convinced of this theory, the cops are indeed going for former Porco riders due to someone speaking in the questionings they'll follow connections, not performance logic. So, former riders will be the next in line which is reasonable.

However, during the last few hours Glassdrive said no one from their team was accused. Which is ironic and hilarious, but also, for now, looks like it's not just about ex former Porco riders.

I think we're just in the beginning and the investigation is way wider than just a team and a few riders. In the end, I'd say everyone's going to be touched.

Balarcon, the whistleblower, INTENSIFIES.

Benta, a chronic dopper, what a shock. Mendonça had also been flying this year. I'm curious to see the connections now that riders with no links do W52-Porco have been involved as well. Probably a doctor or some kind of company dealing with "preparation".

Arrests during Volta are clearly on the table.

Cancellara Reis crushing everyone, Moreira second putting 15s into Marque and 27s(!) into Délio Fernandez. So, everything according with the plan.

However, aside from the old predictable jokes: Henrique Casimiro (36 years old) and Tiago Antunes from Ace's Efapel are now really good in Prologues! 62kg and 55kg respectively but lost just a few seconds to the motorbike Mauricio Moreira.

Cancellara Reis crushing everyone, Moreira second putting 15s into Marque and 27s(!) into Délio Fernandez. So, everything according with the plan.

However, aside from the old predictable jokes: Henrique Casimiro (36 years old) and Tiago Antunes from Ace's Efapel are now really good in Prologues! 62kg and 55kg respectively but lost just a few seconds to the motorbike Mauricio Moreira.
The fact that Moreira is apparently 4kg heavier than Reis is even more ridiciulous. Makes his climbing even crazier...

The fact that Moreira is apparently 4kg heavier than Reis is even more ridiciulous. Makes his climbing even crazier...
Yeah. Guessing a big part of the weight steams from him being very tall, 1. 89m. Reis was dwarfed in the side by side interview they've done today with the two of them.

He should really be at Jumbo. He would be gaining a cm for the 1.90m rule with no problem...

Yeah. Guessing a big part of the weight steams from him being very tall, 1. 89m. Reis was dwarfed in the side by side interview they've done today with the two of them.

He should really be at Jumbo. He would be gaining a cm for the 1.90m rule with no problem...
Do they still have weigh-ins for stage winners at the Volta? I remember seeing Alarcon being 71kg.
Dj0-oEeX0AAXJ6i.jpg

Has Mr. Delmino said anything about his federation taking only 1 out of 6 possible male elite riders to the 2022 European championships? Or 1 female out of the 2 allowed?

Or why there isn't been a single elite rider in MTB world championships? Or no national presence in cyclo cross at the international level?

The guy should be more focused on improving his shitty management of the national federation, instead of defending shady teams.

Mauricio Moreira showing that he can still sprint. Quim Silva also knows how to sprint now on top of learning how to time trial now. Massive improvement brought to you by the duo Ace and Dr. Benjamim Carvalho.

I'm glad my prediction came to pass: they don't give a single fvck, even while cyclists are being detained.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99

TRENDING THREADS