• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The UCI just don't get it

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Brian Canty said:
Benotti I think you've something against me!!

Nope. But if newspapers are not going to research a subject like McQuaid and put hard questions to him about his tenure as UCI president then expect some stick, especially if you defend an article like that as Journalism.

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Getting personal now gives credence to my belief. You sound like an angry man and the type of person Wiggins referred to during the Tour this year. How do you know I didn't put hard questions to him? Because I didn't get hard answers? This guy is one of the most PR trained people not only in sport, but the world. I can't make him say something to please the likes of you. And actually, the feedback I've got regarding it has been 99% positive. And from people I rate in the journalism world too.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Brian Canty said:
Getting personal now gives credence to my belief. You sound like an angry man and the type of person Wiggins referred to during the Tour this year. How do you know I didn't put hard questions to him? Because I didn't get hard answers? This guy is one of the most PR trained people not only in sport, but the world. I can't make him say something to please the likes of you. And actually, the feedback I've got regarding it has been 99% positive. And from people I rate in the journalism world too.

Oh dear. I used the terms Newspapers but if you take it personally, The Examiner's comments pages must be hell for you.

Calling me a boneidle w*nker shows the heights to which Journalism reaches on the Examiner. Hope Crosbies dont read it too carefully or they might pull the pulg.

If you put hard questions to him and he refused to answer that should have made up part of the article.

Can you link all the 99% postive feedback? The McQuaid clan have been working overtime recently on forums.

Why not put the whole transcript up for people to read?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Brian Canty said:
Benotti I think you've something against me!!
Can you confirm fro us that you are indeed BC? Basically put up a 1234 on your twitter.
(its just I have wasted my time before on here with people who were not who they claimed)

Benotti69 said:
Oh dear. I used the terms Newspapers but if you take it personally, The Examiner's comments pages must be hell for you.

Calling me a boneidle w*nker shows the heights to which Journalism reaches on the Examiner. Hope Crosbies dont read it too carefully or they might pull the pulg.

If you put hard questions to him and he refused to answer that should have made up part of the article.

Can you link all the 99% postive feedback? The McQauid clan have been working overtime recently on forums.

Why not put the whole transcript up for people to read?
If it is Brian then of course he is going to take it personally.
Jeez, even you take criticism personally and you are anonymous.

Also - I don't understand what was wrong with the article.
Any journo's job is to ask the subject questions, quote the subjects response and let the reader draw their own conclusion.

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Canty asked about Doping, Armstrong and the UCI/Mcquaid gripe with Kimmage.

I'm pretty happy with those questions, it's the answers that I think are bull****. That tell me all I want to know about McQuaid not the journalist.

Brian Canty said:
Getting personal now gives credence to my belief. You sound like an angry man and the type of person Wiggins referred to during the Tour this year.

What's the point of this personal attack? Your inaction and aggressive defense of shoddy work is only making matters worse.

I realize you are "playing the game" fellating your interviewees for stories, and that's what passes for journalism and pays wages for now.

You are part of the doping problem.

Canty

Brian Canty said:
So if McQuaid says, 'erm, no I don't think I'm the best man to lead the UCI'..what do you guys think the headlines will be in the paper the following day?? Exactly, 'McQuaid: I'm not the best man for the UCI'...then the Board call him in, then they ask him what is this about and he has an all new set of issues to deal with.

God if this idiot CANTY is what we are dealing with - theres truly no hope.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Cycle Chic said:
God if this idiot CANTY is what we are dealing with - theres truly no hope.

After everything that happened in 2012, for someone to seriously think THE BOARD of the UCI is anything but a BEARD... good grief.

If the board had any power over the president and honorary president they should have reined that stupidity in months ago.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
After everything that happened in 2012, for someone to seriously think THE BOARD of the UCI is anything but a BEARD... good grief.

If the board had any power over the president and honorary president they should have reined that stupidity in months ago.
if you apply for a job at the UCI, you get screened for integrity. if you fail the test, they give you the job.

TRENDING THREADS