• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The USADA letter in full

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 27, 2012
Visit site
Polish said:
Was there ANYTHING in those 15 pages that has not been discussed already?
Something/Anything?

Look, TFF, my procrastination time is valuable.
So many things to procrastinate over, so little time.
Why should I read those 15 pages of SSDD? It wouldn't have made any difference, if I read them. SSDD.

Don't ask me to do your heavy lifting. I read everything, but don't have the time to provide the fanboy army a synopsis of each morsel. I find most of you to have chosen your hero because of intellectual similarity. If you want spoon fed answers, go to community college. It would be a step up from where you are now, and would at least teach you the discipline of studying 20 minutes per day. I read Armstrong's short, ignorant statements after he released the letter USADA sent him. When you take classes down at SSCC, ask one of the professors to explain the basic concept behind the word "unconstitutional" and then shoot Wonderboy a text and tell him his GED is showing. Maybe you guys could take X-ray tech classes together. I think he is going to need the money pretty soon.

I was warned not to insult, so please don't take my previous condescending statement as condescending. It was meant as a public service announcement with the warmest of intention.

"The vagabond who's rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore"

May 27, 2012
Visit site
zigmeister said:
ROFL. Then let's hear it. Let's have all the "witnesses" and "riders" and their names that they have to say more than what we already know and have gone through with the Feds?

Shhhhh...it's a secret.

zigmeister said:
And the real result, how this is going to change the sport and doping so radically due to the outcome! Zero. I predict.

Me, I'm in it for the sheer joy of watching Wonderboy eat the pile of **** he laid spoonful by spoonful. How it affects his legions of lemmings is just an added bonus. How it affects cycling is irrelevant.

"If you think I'll sit around while you chip away my brain
Listen I ain't foolin' and you'd better think again
Out there is a fortune waitin' to be had
You think I'll let it go you're mad
You got another thing comin'"

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Reading the story just clouds the mind... having a cursory understanding of what's being discussed stifles the creative process.

It really does dirty your constitution. I think I'll take Spike Lee's advise and sleep later.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in Miami. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm.

Tony Montana

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Don't know quite where else to put this. Interesting sports editorial in the NY Daily News.

"Armstrong has done something more than destroy his own mythology:

He has effectively destroyed the sport that made him rich and famous.

Cycling now makes pro wrestling look serious, and should be banned from the Olympics immediately."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...andal-lebron-james-decision-article-1.1097137

Bet we'll see a lot more like this.

Maxiton said:
Don't know quite where else to put this. Interesting sports editorial in the NY Daily News.

"Armstrong has done something more than destroy his own mythology:

He has effectively destroyed the sport that made him rich and famous.

Cycling now makes pro wrestling look serious, and should be banned from the Olympics immediately."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...andal-lebron-james-decision-article-1.1097137

Bet we'll see a lot more like this.

The sooner the US decide that cycling isn't a serious sport, like Baseball, American football, and basketball, the better.

Its typical of the US to take something they know nothing about, rape it for all its worth, then tell everyone how it should be done.

Keep up the good work.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
andy1234 said:
The sooner the US decide that cycling isn't a serious sport, like Baseball, American football, and basketball, the better.

Its typical of the US to take something they know nothing about, rape it for all its worth, then tell everyone how it should be done.

Keep up the good work.

Tell you what, you don't tell us how to be an overbearing, world dominating imperial power, and we won't tell you how to be a washed up, third rate backwater no one cares about. Deal?

Maxiton said:
Tell you what, you don't tell us how to be an overbearing, world dominating imperial power, and we won't tell you how to be a washed up, third rate backwater no one cares about. Deal?

Ok fair enough. Commenting on a country like that is clearly ridiculous, so I apologise. It is however, born out of frustration.

Replace US, with "corporate US" and my point stands.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
andy1234 said:

Keep up the good work.

I think if you replace "the US" with "Lance Armstrong" you will have something much more interesting, and your xenophobic panties won't show so much.

Cycling will be fine. You’re not going to destroy the sport. Europeans were aware of Armstrong’s doping since 1999. Armstrong was not bigger than the sport – it will survive just fine without him. The most important part of this process is he won’t have any further involvement in the sport again. Without there was always the concern he’d become part of team management or own races etc. With the ban he’ll never been see again and that’s a very important part of the proceedings. No athlete should have to be pressured like they were at USPS.

The UCI will carry on as normal but they may think twice on how they operate in the future.

Armstrong’s only hope is to bribe the USADA panel or take it to the Supreme Court. I don’t think he has enough money to do either.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Armstrong has made the threat many times that if he is going down he will take the sport down with him. He is babbling about filing a Federal lawsuit. He will fail but the intent is to cause as much damage as possible.

Classy

Race Radio said:
Armstrong has made the threat many times that if he is going down he will take the sport down with him. He is babbling about filing a Federal lawsuit. He will fail but the intent is to cause as much damage as possible.

Classy

My hope is he tries to take down the UCI with him.... that would be fun.

His legal options are scarce. Surpreme Court would be awesome. I'm sure they'd be a way to get Grand Jury testomoney unsealed for that one!

He's biggest fight is his bank balance. He literally has no money left and worse still no form of stable income.

A

Anonymous

thehog said:

His legal options are scarce. Surpreme Court would be awesome. I'm sure they'd be a way to get Grand Jury testomoney unsealed for that one!

He's biggest fight is his bank balance. He literally has no money left and worse still no form of stable income.

Yeah, just flew back from France on his Gulfstream.

Flat broke.

thehog said:

Making stuff up again, eh?

thehog said:

Who will write the book for him?

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

I see what you did there, combining testosterone and money. Nice!

Race Radio said:

Classy

Can you give some examples of this? I don't recall him stating anything about taking the sport down.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
I thought he had sold the Gulfstream??

It seems like even with the attorney's bills he still has a bundle that is not touched...his sponsors are still standing by him for the moment so can not imagine that his paychecks have dried up yet. :confused:

The legal bills will dwarf the GDP of some small countries.