• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The use of multi-media by Professional cycling teams

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Which teams use it well who does not ?

Most riders and DS´s are on Twitter, but some use it better than others. All teams have websites some better than others.

BMC seem to take ´marketing ´to a new level, with links of free streams of races on, bio´s of riders who are racing the next race and videos like the one below.

ps Timmy don´t watch it may destroy you day. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsSfrLb7vsw&feature=youtu.be

and related - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWyxuG97WNA&NR=1

or you take the Bill Hicks approach to Marketing Bill Hicks - Marketing - language warning

Discuss

A

Anonymous

Sky as expected do a pretty good job, very good website, very active facebook page, active twitter.

BUt when it comes to use of twitter, really one team and person stand out from the crowd.

(all bmc do is retweet cyclingfans.com tweets, so they arent really taking it to a new level. not like they are providing the streams or anything)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I follow all teams twitter pages and I think that BMC & Movistar provide their fans with the best services on their website and on their twitter page. BMC have their own Picasa page which they continually post photos of behind the scene stuff. They continually post videos of behind the scene footage. Their website is not overly fancy like the Sky site but is very easy to use and looks classy. Has all the information a fan needs. They list all their upcoming races. They have a list of all their results and race reports on the site very quickly. past and current information is very accessible. Just about all their riders and staff have twitter pages of which you get behind the scenes information. Type in #procycling on twitter. Most of the images from that search are from BMC riders/staff of BMC.

Movistar always provide lost of information of their riders around the world in multiple langages.

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Sky as expected do a pretty good job, very good website, very active facebook page, active twitter.

BUt when it comes to use of twitter, really one team and person stand out from the crowd.

(all bmc do is retweet cyclingfans.com tweets, so they arent really taking it to a new level. not like they are providing the streams or anything)

Who? Forgive me, I'm not a twitter user...

A

Anonymous

I was talking about the team that is sponsored by Twitter ;)
Which begs the question, are twitter going to leopard as well?

As for cycling teams, not a team, but contador notebook does a grand job. On the whole i find most pro teams twitter accounts pretty lame. The Argyle on is just annoying, christ, they get excited if one of their riders stops and goes for a pee. They are also generally about 2 hours behind, so celebrate their rider being in the break, just as the break is caught and shelled out the back.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
More Strides than Rides said:
Beyond the Peloton has to be mentioned for the Cervelo and Garmin Cervelo teams. I'm not sure what I think of it: any inside look can be interesting, even if it is a lot of Vaughters. I don't always like its production, either, but it is something unique for sure.
Yeah, BTP is great. At least it was when it was about Sastre, the Giro, Thor, Haussler and Cervelo Test Team. Not so much now that they're following Tommy D, the Tour of Cali, Millar, Vaughters and Slipstream and their boring top ten, teams competition, "we ride for second" attitude.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
Lalala. I spam this thread...

Remember what I said about entertainment value on Twitter? Well... take a tweet such a this:

No points for guessing who!

Big Z ? :p
2007_surfsup_001.jpg

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I "like" every PT team on facebook and even some Cont teams as well. I'd say Leopard and Garmin Cervelo have the best facebooks. Garmin Cervelo does a lot of giveaways and contests and Leopard posts a ton of videos, intervies, etc, at least more than most. Sky also has an excellent Facebook.

Radioshack is even pretty active, but most of the stuff they post seems to be news articles....many I see on CN before they post them :rolleyes:

Movie star posts a bunch of stuff but I don't speak Spannish :eek:
Liquigas is cool because they'll post in both Italian and Englsih.

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Movistar is a favorite of mine. They post in english and spanish often in the same tweet. If not in the same tweet, they will tweet the translation in English in the next one. Great in race tweets especially since a Movistar rider is often in the break. When I couldn't follow a race on a message board due to work, I could quickly check twitter and find out what is happening.

Individual riders, I find Cav's tweets to be mostly funny. I enjoyed the Mini Phinney daily twit pix of Karsten Kroon during the Vuelta. I also love the fabianese tweeted by Fabian and Jensie is good for a laugh or two every now and then.

BMC does post often, but many times are links to something I already read or something related to a BMC rider or technology. Good if you like members of that team. I like some of the domestiques, not the big name guys.

Saxo Bank Sungard has recently been posting more on their facebook page and twitter, better late than never I guess.

TRENDING THREADS